darkness falls returns ..well sort of !

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Yay farm rvr so leet raider can get loot!!....wait, I am a leet raider......damn!

This may be all well and good, but this is set for June, we need a number of game, career and mechanic fixes in the mean time.

With the latest wave of EU server transfers (mergers in all but name) we've ended up with three servers with reasonable populations, sadly Hirn is likely to be the next server to get it's marching orders. :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I do really hope that's just the Hype part of the announcement.
This game needs a good class and cc rebalance and to fix classes in game already (Sm Chosen Am Magus spring to mind for improvements We Wh BO [to some extent] and prolly BG for some adjustments) before putting in more (untested) content and classes.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
With the latest wave of EU server transfers (mergers in all but name) we've ended up with three servers with reasonable populations, sadly Hirn is likely to be the next server to get it's marching orders. :(

No, because that problem's being solved by applying a 20% exp/rp bonus to the more numerous side, (in terms of active players,) and the massive advertising drive you've probably seen plastered all over nowhere at all.

Good to see Mythic's finally managed to finish the game, but if I have to move servers again, I may well just call it a day.

Hmm. Considering KotBS and Black Guard still haven't been nerfed back down from the OP'ness (hyuk hyuk) which comes from being a new class, with the intention of getting people interested in playing them; just how much more OP are the Choppa and Slayer going to have to be, in order to get and keep people interested in playing them?

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
well the slayer is announced on war-europe at least... and if they introduce the slayer they should do the same thing for chaos, like BG and KOTS...

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
why am i not over joyed about the prospect of another stealther ladened dungeon?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
well the slayer is announced on war-europe at least... and if they introduce the slayer they should do the same thing for chaos, like BG and KOTS...

they have its the Choppa, we know this. the slayer is a replacement for the hammerer tho so is getting more headlines ;)

why am i not over joyed about the prospect of another stealther ladened dungeon?

not likely to happen with the stealth as it is ;)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
yay good news. Like the sound of this, I thought Darkness Falls was an ace place.

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
I do really hope that's just the Hype part of the announcement.
This game needs a good class and cc rebalance and to fix classes in game already

The important thing to keep in mind is that what you have seen so far, and what you will see in the Newsletter later today, is a content announcement. A completely separate development team is working on balance and bug fixes who are not making a big announcement at the moment.

Doesn't mean the problems you mention aren't being addressed. Mythic will discuss some of your worries in the Tentonhammer devchat and Mark Jacobs has announced a detailed post later today as well.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

same, the only good thing about it is that its hopefully gonna be a bitch for solo stealthers to get to the enemy entrances as they cant permastealth, so hopefully they will get assraped by tons of mobs when they try.

Jalanteriel

Regular Freddie
Ah DF! My chars used to literally live in them in the old days, heh.

As much as I love DF though, wonder what the impact would be with just 2 sides to the game. Not too overly worried about the stealthers in the game though, 30 sec stealth timer isnt much to worry about imo.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Was that it?

That's the big 29th Jan announcement MJ's been hyping up?

New content is nice and all
But seriously
It was so low down my priority list I never occured to me

Maybe I'm odd though :confused:

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
If this is it, WAR is heading straight down the toilet.

WAR's focal point is RvR, currently the T4 RvR is completely broken and pointless. People have been screaming at Mythic for months now about it, so what do they do..

Add more classes
Add more PvE
Add another scenario to drag people away from T4 oRvR.

:worthy:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
If its the spiritual successor to Darkness Falls then it should be a good giggle and won't be too long before people are replying to whine threads with "Oh noes! Someone died in an RvR zone" etc.

Ah, the good old days.

Hunting down gankers in DF was always fun and the invasion that took place when it changed hands was always a laugh. People would hold on as long as possible xp'ing or raiding before the incoming tide of Hibbies/Middies/Stinky Albsies depending on who had just taken ownership.

DF made for a good reason to hold the keeps. If a similar mechanic is going to be employed then it should be quite a nice shot in the arm for oRvR. Naturally, its the Domination system we are really waiting for in this regard but Land of the Dead is still a very welcome change to WAR. I hope Mythic will put a lot of effort into making it graphically and tactically very different from existing areas in WAR.

This is good news, I'm looking forward to it :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
If this is it, WAR is heading straight down the toilet.

WAR's focal point is RvR, currently the T4 RvR is completely broken and pointless. People have been screaming at Mythic for months now about it, so what do they do..

Add more classes
Add more PvE
Add another scenario to drag people away from T4 oRvR.

:worthy:

so WAR has gone from something you dont like and wont play, to something you really dont like, and really wont be playing ?

:drink:;)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The important thing to keep in mind is that what you have seen so far, and what you will see in the Newsletter later today, is a content announcement. A completely separate development team is working on balance and bug fixes who are not making a big announcement at the moment.

Doesn't mean the problems you mention aren't being addressed. Mythic will discuss some of your worries in the Tentonhammer devchat and Mark Jacobs has announced a detailed post later today as well.

Better be a good announcement Nic, better be ...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
If I wanted to play a PvE game I would play WoW :) its better at it :fluffle:

A bit off topic but...

Although I'd tend to agree with you about better PvE in WoW I think Blizzard have dropped the ball with WotLK. There are some nice touches but overall its a very lackluster expansion and once again they completely invalidate everything you've done previously in your WoW career by raising the level cap yet again. Tiresome. I became bored with WotLK after hitting 80 very quickly. Well, quickly by my standards.

Back on topic...I'm still looking around for a Domination announcement. Anyone spotted it at all or has an idea when its coming?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
A bit off topic but...

Although I'd tend to agree with you about better PvE in WoW I think Blizzard have dropped the ball with WotLK. There are some nice touches but overall its a very lackluster expansion and once again they completely invalidate everything you've done previously in your WoW career by raising the level cap yet again. Tiresome. I became bored with WotLK after hitting 80 very quickly. Well, quickly by my standards.

In all honesty, Blizzard could have sold a human turd in a box and still made a fortune out of it.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
only thing i'm interested in atm is to get the last of the capitols and classes in.

Good for ya :ninja:
Not interested in getting caught, ONCE AGAIN, in fluff shit that won't change many BASIC flaws in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom