Warrior

Scallapino

Fledgling Freddie
I got a lvl 40 warrior and I must say...

MFG HE IS SO BLOODY NICE TO PLAY WITH... Im never gonna play anything else. :cheers:

Thanks Blizzard for this sweet char.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
With Free Action Pot Nerf they have been. Also not as if other charecters can't post +1000 hits, seems most of the whines come from exercute crits (upto around 4000) which is pointless when you only need around 600 to kill anyway

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
With Free Action Pot Nerf they have been. Also not as if other charecters can't post +1000 hits, seems most of the whines come from exercute crits (upto around 4000) which is pointless when you only need around 600 to kill anyway

Exactly, and it doesn't really happen often that a heal lands right when you do it.

Also, retaliation will be nerfed and so will +def gear. Last part is good but silly at the same time as you will, again, need to rethink what gear you'll use etc..

I like my warrior alot aswell, but being DW for the moment sucks for pvp. I'll just have to wait till those pesky alliance will finally start running AV again so I can get IBS. I heard the cap will be decreased for AV, to 20 vs 20?

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
exponentiaL said:
Exactly, and it doesn't really happen often that a heal lands right when you do it.

Also, retaliation will be nerfed and so will +def gear. Last part is good but silly at the same time as you will, again, need to rethink what gear you'll use etc..

I like my warrior alot aswell, but being DW for the moment sucks for pvp. I'll just have to wait till those pesky alliance will finally start running AV again so I can get IBS. I heard the cap will be decreased for AV, to 20 vs 20?

I think its 20 people per side to get the game going (but the cap remains @ 40 per side). They are also re-addressing the que system which should help the balance on the PvE servers.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
I think its 20 people per side to get the game going (but the cap remains @ 40 per side). They are also re-addressing the que system which should help the balance on the PvE servers.

That's what I ment, thank you for clearing it up though. :)

OrreBorre

Fledgling Freddie
Scallapino said:
I got a lvl 40 warrior and I must say...

MFG HE IS SO BLOODY NICE TO PLAY WITH... Im never gonna play anything else. :cheers:

Thanks Blizzard for this sweet char.

Two questions:

1. What the hell have you been smoking?

2. Can I have some of that?

Unless you're an alchemist, warrior is gimped to the bone!

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
OrreBorre said:
Two questions:

1. What the hell have you been smoking?

2. Can I have some of that?

Unless you're an alchemist, warrior is gimped to the bone!
Two questions:

1. WTF does alchemy have to do with it?

2. Cry more nQQb, warriors own bigtime! Just have to know how to play one!

Gray

It's my birthday today!
Im a Warrior with Alchemy, went all the way to level 60 with it.

Some reason though i _really_ wish i chose something else, Weaponsmith or something.. I very rarely make the potions unless its for myself, or if im selling transmutes... But in actuality, Alchemy suits _any_ class

OrreBorre

Fledgling Freddie
exponentiaL said:
Two questions:

1. WTF does alchemy have to do with it?

2. Cry more nQQb, warriors own bigtime! Just have to know how to play one!

1. You can't figure out what alchemy has to do with it? Who's the noob lal :p

2. After you got the uber weapon of doom+ 300 strength ya, the warrior is still the worst pve class inthe game tho.

Gray

It's my birthday today!
Nope... still cant think why it would suit Warriors more.. No one has ever mentioned this.

Only reason i could think of, is maybe specific potions which can be used (Like Rage potions, Stone etc..)

But nope... still dont know

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
And that 19 damage is quite alot with all the modifiers.

Also, reaper is 3.4 speed so it will only loose a tiny bit of damage on MS/overpower, IBS is 3.8 speed so that will loose alot of damage on that.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Gray said:
Nope... still cant think why it would suit Warriors more.. No one has ever mentioned this.

Only reason i could think of, is maybe specific potions which can be used (Like Rage potions, Stone etc..)

But nope... still dont know
I think he's talking about Free action potion, not sure though :)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Btw that attack speed Nerf was from a fake patch post so is very unlikely to acttually come through.

There were quite afew problem I found with warrior in PvP. One was the fact that rage works in PvE when you got mobs hitting you for deceint damage (converting that into rage), were as in PvP its not always easy to get enough rage especially if a target is not attacking you. The other main thing is your crit damage is big but you base damage is quite small in comparision (300-400 roughly with Reeper every 3.8 secs) and with out rage you have no insta moves to boost that up so your damage, so your doing 300-400 damage.

The main reason why people whine is realy down to bad playing/tatics. They see a Warrior Attacking thier support and they play right into hisher hands. For example a warrior goes off to attack a soft target. The soft target knows that by attacking the warrior back will kill themselves quicker so is not attacking. The warrior spends the first 30 rage say on DPS Buff Snare, now has to build up another 30 rage for MS (say 3 swings of Reeper at 3.8 speed so about 12 secs. Now some random hunter sees this sends his pet off to attack and primes aim'd shot. The pet starts hitting the warrior giveing him more rage, one of the pets attacks crits giveing the warrior 40% damage boost the aim'd shot hits him giveing him another big boost in rage. The warrior then MS's Pops into fury and Whirlwind's and follows up with exercute killing the target. The target would have lasted much longer if the warrior was left to chip away (in which time he/she could have been Rooted or Polly's of Mc'd).

The other Main problem is that every other class can use the same tools to provide the same roll PvE as they do in PvP (ie more than one Damage/CC Dammage/Backup healing), were as your tools to defend you group mates dont work in PvP (Taunt, Challange shout etc).

Zephyrex

Fledgling Freddie
don't forget disarm, piercing howl and intimidating shout as defensive tools :)

warriors are one of the stronger classes, yes they need a good weapon etc,but they're also one of the, if not the only one who can reliably take on 2+ enemy players or take out someone in a group

this is also a v small nerf which you barely notice while playing, only if you care about numbers

Gray

It's my birthday today!
only nerf im miffed about is the -33%def, thats had such an impact on me :/... i had something like 360 last time, but now only have around 320 :/ not fun

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Gray said:
only nerf im miffed about is the -33%def, thats had such an impact on me :/... i had something like 360 last time, but now only have around 320 :/ not fun

the gayest thing of all is that enchanted thorium is now a _MUST_ and if you look the set up you can do some math and see that you need some materials.

not just some, but a way-to-fucking-imba-shitload that it's impossible to get done unless your guild is willing to spend time for you.

OrreBorre

Fledgling Freddie
Zephyrex said:
don't forget disarm, piercing howl and intimidating shout as defensive tools :)

warriors are one of the stronger classes, yes they need a good weapon etc,but they're also one of the, if not the only one who can reliably take on 2+ enemy players or take out someone in a group

this is also a v small nerf which you barely notice while playing, only if you care about numbers

A warrior is only as good as his support, while warrior in 1v1 situations is horrible. I worked my ass off to get the gear I want, and now I kill pretty easily, it's possibly one of the stronger classes in late pvp game yes, but for an example a shammy that pops wf will do 3-4k dmg per hit like nothing, so put it in perspective. The shammy being a hybrid, and warrior being the only melee damage dealer in group combat - I think people should consider that TEH ONLY purpose of the warrior is just that, before they start whining. Without that damage/ac, the warrior has nothing.

PvE, PvP in early game (1-60) is shit tho, rly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom