Weapon type for Warrior

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
Any recommendations as to the best weapon spec for a Warrior?

Is slow better? (Presuming DPS is the same as a faster weapon I'm comparing.)

Are Polearms any good?

Thanks in advance.

Gray

FH is my second home
I have used the Arcanite Reaper for a good long time now, for duelling and PvE, but due to this nerf whats coming along next patch, apparently epic would be better.

When ive done runs for UBRS / Tribute, ive picked up Rends Polearm and Barbarous Blade, i didnt *need* them specifically, but i *needed* them to train. Once collected, id just run down to Scarlet Monestry, and spend a few hours getting my weapon skills up for the selected weapons of choice.

Although i do think the best weapons would be Axe, then Sword etc etc

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
depends what you like ;P sword spec has been proven as the best in theory although in practice it might not be. but with this new patch you probly just wanna go with a 3.5speed axe or sword

Afran

Part of the furniture
Don't forget about racials also, like human giving +5 swords (maces too? can't remember) and orc +5 axes, also if you spec polearm you can't get imp. hamstring which imo is very good for pvp :p

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Sword does have the highest potential damage, swings activating off swings etc. Also with a high enough crit rate, a single swing will outstrip Axe spec. +weapon helps a lot in PvE to reduce glancing blows (50% damage), you want 315 ideally. Slow weapons will still be better for instant attacks, as there have been no changes to base damage, just the AP calculations. However some higher DPS weapons which are faster will be better in some cases or more comparable now.

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
Many thanks all, certainly food for thought there.

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
I Play a warrior, and have been Axe & Sword spec and over all Sword seems to be better in the critical dmg area.

i was considering going Polearm spec but it might be another case of testing damage output.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
fist weapons ftw!

any one have any ideas on DW warrior with arms spec? 2 swords with 6% chance to strike twice, + double interupt rate and still MS? or is the fury ultimate ability better? fury one sounds good if at 60 the hp you get from it instead of 50 would be like 200 or something <Shrug>

OrreBorre

Fledgling Freddie
Naewae said:
Any recommendations as to the best weapon spec for a Warrior?

Is slow better? (Presuming DPS is the same as a faster weapon I'm comparing.)

Are Polearms any good?

Thanks in advance.

Any will do up to 60, then just spec after what weapon u get, instead of what weapon u want to have :>.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
im going to try out duelwielding daggers with fury spec, mostly because i have the flurry which gives me 30% increased attack speed everytime i make a crit hit ( and as everyone knows daggers are the fastest weapon out there ) also the ability in fury line to generate an extra rage point every time i do damage in combat with a weapon could prove to be nice

ofc all this havent been tested yet ( atleast not by me ) so i wouldnt know if its actually totally gimped or gonna wtf pwn :) but nevertheless im gonna test it out very soon

but with the same DPS as every other weapons daggers should in theory do the same damage over the same amount of time as any other weapon right ?

thanks in advance

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
DPS is all that matters for auto attacking (excluding procs), as the AP formula is truely based on a per second basis, rather than an 'alpha' strike instant attack. Would suggest getting a Black Amnesty if you're trying to fill a DPS role in raids. The detaunt proc is quite handy to have as Warriors have the highest aggro among DPS classes, due to no talents reducing aggro or no detaunt abilities.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Yussef said:
DPS is all that matters for auto attacking (excluding procs), as the AP formula is truely based on a per second basis, rather than an 'alpha' strike instant attack. Would suggest getting a Black Amnesty if you're trying to fill a DPS role in raids. The detaunt proc is quite handy to have as Warriors have the highest aggro among DPS classes, due to no talents reducing aggro or no detaunt abilities.

so u mean if a warrior was trying to fill a dps roll such as rogue? (not quiet sure what you mean here hehe), surely a detaunt proc would be pointless but a damaging proc to make up more damage would be better? im sure the other warrior who would be tanking would keep agro with taunt styles and sunders? while the other warrior would be dealing damage and even if they got agro they still have the ehavy armor so they can handle some damage for a while adn they could tone down there damage while the other warriors gains back agro?

imo what fury warriors need is something along the lines of triple wield, i guess they have battle shout, but something better thats only available by specing in the fury line, probably 25 points required and say every hit has a 50% chance of dealing an aditional blow for 15 seconds for 50% damage of the original damage or something. imo wouldnt be OPed because its only 50% chance, 50% damage and only 15 seconds, requires 25 points prereq. ofc with these limitations the second hit would be more of a proc, i.e. couldnt miss and would be on a 5 min timer or something (nothing huge timer wise like warriors other abilities but not as short as one minute)

btw i have very little high level experience so if what im saying sounds stupid just say :D.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
so u mean if a warrior was trying to fill a dps roll such as rogue? (not quiet sure what you mean here hehe), surely a detaunt proc would be pointless but a damaging proc to make up more damage would be better? im sure the other warrior who would be tanking would keep agro with taunt styles and sunders? while the other warrior would be dealing damage and even if they got agro they still have the ehavy armor so they can handle some damage for a while adn they could tone down there damage while the other warriors gains back agro?

imo what fury warriors need is something along the lines of triple wield, i guess they have battle shout, but something better thats only available by specing in the fury line, probably 25 points required and say every hit has a 50% chance of dealing an aditional blow for 15 seconds for 50% damage of the original damage or something. imo wouldnt be OPed because its only 50% chance, 50% damage and only 15 seconds, requires 25 points prereq. ofc with these limitations the second hit would be more of a proc, i.e. couldnt miss and would be on a 5 min timer or something (nothing huge timer wise like warriors other abilities but not as short as one minute)

btw i have very little high level experience so if what im saying sounds stupid just say :D.

Some fights in BWL involve a lot of deaggro abilities being used by bosses, you can counter them in some ways. However, you'll reach a point where your DPS basically has to stop otherwise you'll pull aggro. Rogues have Feint and Vanish to reduce/wipe their aggro. Hunters have Feign Death to wipe their aggro. Mages have talents to reduce their aggro with some spells at least and so forth. However Warriors have no such tools, so damage isn't the only thing to consider for some fights. Damage per aggro point is an important factor to consider.

If you did pull aggro, you would be able to survive for a while. But there is a large difference between a defensive and offensive Warrior being bashed on by BWL bosses :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom