Priest or Warrior?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
well its definatly going to happen this time :D getting my computer eithar 2moro night or monday, after a long long long wait :) so - what should i play? priest of warrior. which is more needed? i like both classes so having trouble deciding. i know both are needed in pve which is one reason why i want to play one of these. but if you had to pick one of these which would it be? any reasons welcome ;)

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Priest is always needed, you can never have too many of them tbh.. aslong as you're horde

Afran

Part of the furniture
Lack of priests by far, lots of warriors about but a lot of them are clueless.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Afran said:

im playing alliance :D how hard is it leveling a priest solo? (i know ill get instance groups but wanna lvl solo aswell hehe) got loads and loads of rest bonus hopefully so :D

Afran

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
im playing alliance :D how hard is it leveling a priest solo? (i know ill get instance groups but wanna lvl solo aswell hehe) got loads and loads of rest bonus hopefully so :D
They're not bad, guildie priest grinded from 1 to 44 in less than a week. Go shadow for levelling though, and do as much quests as you can rather than grind. (As a priest)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Afran said:
They're not bad, guildie priest grinded from 1 to 44 in less than a week. Go shadow for levelling though, and do as much quests as you can rather than grind. (As a priest)

why are quests better? ive got alot of rest xp should i ignore that and do quests or would it be quicker to grind? :S

Afran

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
why are quests better? ive got alot of rest xp should i ignore that and do quests or would it be quicker to grind? :S
Grind till your rested xp has gone.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
just made this temp while i couldnt connect to FH -

Discipline Talents (9 points)

Unbreakable Will - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to resist Stun, Fear, and Silence effects by 15%.

Improved Power Word: Shield - 3/3 points
Reduces the duration of your Power Word: Shield's Weakened Soul effect by 15 seconds.

Martyrdom - 1/2 point
Gives you a 50% chance to gain the Focused Casting effect that lasts for 6 seconds after being the victim of a critical strike. The Focused Casting effect prevents you from losing casting time when taking damage.

Holy Talents (8 points)

Holy Specialization - 5/5 points
Increases the critical effect chance of your Holy spells by 5%.

Spiritual Healing - 3/5 points
Increases the amount healed by your healing spells by 6%.

Shadow Talents (34 points)

Blackout - 5/5 points
Gives your Shadow damage spells a 10% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.

Spirit Tap - 5/5 points
Gives you a 100% chance to gain a 100% bonus to your Spirit after killing a target. For the duration, your Mana may regenerate at a 50% rate while casting. Lasts 15 seconds.

Shadow Focus - 5/5 points
Reduces your target's chance to resist your Shadow spells by 10%.

Improved Psychic Scream - 2/2 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Scream spell by 4 seconds.

Mind Flay - 1/1 point
Assault the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing 75 damage over 3 seconds and slowing the target to 50% of their movement speed.

Level 28: 126 damage over 3 seconds
Level 36: 186 damage over 3 seconds
Level 44: 261 damage over 3 seconds
Level 52: 330 damage over 3 seconds
Level 60: 426 damage over 3 seconds

Shadow Reach - 3/3 points
Increases the range of your Shadow damage spells by 20%.

Silence - 1/1 point
Silence the target, preventing them from casting spells for 5 seconds.

Shadow Weaving - 5/5 points
Your Shadow damage spells have a 100% chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to Shadow damage. This vulnerability increases the Shadow damage dealt to your target by 3% and lasts 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

Vampiric Embrace - 1/1 point
Afflicts your target with Shadow energy that causes all party members to be healed for 20% of any Shadow damage you deal for 1 minute.

Darkness - 5/5 points
Increases your Shadow spell damage by 10%.

Shadowform - 1/1 point
Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage by 15% and reducing Physical damage done to you by 15%. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form.

this temp sound any good?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
just make sure you get spirit tap asap, sooo neat for regens :D

(and wb :D )

oh and at lower levels quests are far faster than grinding tbh, especially if you can find a duo partner :p

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
spirit tap. imp SW:pain maybe a bit of black out. and mind flay.
the basis of a good grinding priest imo.
then go spirit/intel equipment.
just shield. dot, mind flay spam abit an finish off with spamming ur wand abit.

stam isnt important when grinding as hopefully u will be killing the mob before ur shield wears off. u have a buff anyway but personally i dont bother using any unless im worried sum1s gonna have ago ganking me as im grinding.

i didnt get a good way to grind on my priest till 51. i was grinding the satyr almost non stop with spirit tap regening 90% off the mana i was using to kill a mob. if u do try it my way u gotta have a good wand. learn when u have done enough dmg to start spamming ur wand to kill a mob without ur shield going down. this way if u end the fight using ur wand ur mana will already be regening from not casting and u will get the most out of spirit tap rather than ending the fight casting then losing 3-5s of spirit taps max regen.

just my playstyle may not be to others tastes :p

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
played a priest myself and i am really bored atm. if i would have to chose between a warrior and a priest i would chose for the warrior.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
nothing wrong with furry spec'ed dual wield warriors in instances, honestly... :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom