warlocks!

remi

Fledgling Freddie
any back to topic, yea, a warlock is very oped in 1vs1, perhaps the best.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:
Shame the xml hasn't been updated for donkey years and theres perhaps 10 times more rr5s+

like 1 week ago, you should get more updated xD

(excal got a few more rr5+ tho)

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
like 1 week ago, you should get more updated xD

(excal got a few more rr5+ tho)
Its common that stuff like that comes around and decides to bite me back in the face :x

Septina

Part of the furniture
remi said:
so fucking what? any lifetaper got moc3, bigsoz your a retard mmk :(

Atleast i can spell :(
Oh, and any lifetaper has to spend 30 realm skill points to accomplish what a warlock can do as a passive ;D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
in all honesty though i would rather face a WL than a sorc when solo.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Atleast i can spell :(
Oh, and any lifetaper has to spend 30 realm skill points to accomplish what a warlock can do as a passive ;D

ohnoes, the spell flameing, the first sign of being a muppet irl :worthy:

N

Nymrin

No reason in actually whining, pointing out the obvious should be enough. Encountering a warlock has two possible outcomes in 1 vs 1. Either he instantly kills you, or he's in a very bad position. I survived a warlock once (well out of about twenty warlock encounters) and I got him dead because I had about ten percent hitpoints left with my Reaver.

I don't like this idea of quick battle, where you get instantly killed. I prefer some time for strategic thinking, instead of relying on chance. There's more to the Warlock right? Extending range and all that, why wouldn't they be able to tweak Warlocks and maintain gameplay? I'm sure most Warlocks sit and enjoy their position for as long as it holds.

I think it's all in order though, I've played Midgard for ages and we all know what happens to Midgard classes, just brace yourselves, when Catacombs meet their expected salesnumber the giant hammer of Nerf shall arrive in Midgard. I just hope it kills a Vampiir or two on the way, because they just beat my Reaver silly (meanwhile, I can beat a Savage to pulp and have 90% health left).

It's a wonderful walk of balance, and even if the Classic server is a true blessing, there's a lot of tweaking left to do, but first I think they want to sell Catacombs with promises of overpowered classes to roll.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Nymrin said:
I think it's all in order though, I've played Midgard for ages and we all know what happens to Midgard classes, just brace yourselves,

They get balanced? ;) ;)

Septina

Part of the furniture
kirennia said:
They get balanced? ;) ;)

Nono, ask any mid player, they get nerfed to shit cause Mythic hates Midgard and its so unfair. :(

santacruz

Fledgling Freddie
Im having serious problems killing warlocks too, as a scout I can't take much damage and as soon as I shoot them and my stealth disappear any half-decent warlocks kicks the living shit out of me within a matter of seconds since their spell is instants and can't be interrupted. Any tips except from avoiding warlocks? Only thing I can think of is if you are maybe 2-3 scouts on one warlock.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Whorelock

You mean Warlocks have an instant ae Mezz resist? Or can't then be baseline stunned? Or can nuke through walls like a banshee? Or have pet spam that can own everything in sight? Yadayadayada....

Class balance? Don't make me laugh. :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
mercury said:
You mean Warlocks have an instant ae Mezz resist? Or can't then be baseline stunned? Or can nuke through walls like a banshee? Or have pet spam that can own everything in sight? Yadayadayada....

Class balance? Don't make me laugh. :)

1) Bainshees cant nuke through every wall.
2) Any warlock with half a brain gets purge2 - 3 as first ra.
3) Nice to see you commenting about classes you obviously know fuckall about Mr.I-Only-Play-Mid. :D
4) What good does petspam do vs warlock? :) All their skil....err, spells are instant anyway. :p
5) There is not a single class ingame that can meassure up to the overpowerdness of the warlock. There are other overpowered clases sure, but none like the warlock xD

Have a nice day.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Delete everyfucking warlock.

Or, Give them an auto ability, Your in range of another warlock. You die.

Your a warlock and trying to grp, you die.

And they also cant release :)

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Aspher said:
I sure do hate whine post but I need to get this out of my system, how the hell is it fun playing when a warlock can 3 shot a BM? I am fully buffed and I'm charging this guy call dublock or whatever, and he hits me for about 2500 damage in like 1 second? And it is not even interruptable Pls people from GOA and mythic explain to me how this improves the gameplay????? It can't be fun for the warlock unless ur a dribbling retard who can't do anything else but press one button and it's defenitely not fun for the opponents.
ive seen a banshee 2 shot a troll zerk whit 48 % resists up ^^Also seen them 2-3 shot a zerg^^ now thats OP dont you think ?:)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I come to realise there will always be things hidiously overpowered in daoc that peeps abuse... so again fuck it, this is just one example of OP in terms of frontload DPS ... we know from FH and in game only dickheads play the class so what does it matter if u die to one???

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
I come to realise there will always be things hidiously overpowered in daoc that peeps abuse... so again fuck it, this is just one example of OP in terms of frontload DPS ... we know from FH and in game only dickheads play the class so what does it matter if u die to one???
:worthy:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the problem with the warlock is this 4 second CAPPED cast time on all base line curse spells and even spec line curse spells means you spec your char without chambers or even the uniterutable you will die against EVERY other tank and caster.

My warlock is 2 chamber through requirment not really choice (would love a 50 curse 20 hex warlock but kow they would be the biggest gimp on the planet)

yes warlocks are overpowered and they really dont require much skill but if you spec your warlock outside the cookie cutter realm then you find they are actually quite hard to compete against other casters or even tanks.

4 seconds is easily obtainable for most tanks to charge (eliminates bolt), they are sort of fun for a while but tbh i like the fact im not interupted and that i can switch my role in a group from damage dealer to uniteruptable / powerless spread healer.

anywho if you dont like them then roll one and see how dull they are as a class. :)

o forgot to add that unless you take hex to a decent level your chambers / uniteruptables are totally pointless you cant use an uniteruptable with curse spells

censi

Can't get enough of FH
no one rolls one because they are interesting...

they main problem is like when any other class adds on you, you have a chance to react, i mean even with caster like you get about 3-4 seconds before your toast to try summin...

like when a warlock adds on you, one minute your fighting away with like 70% hits and then like oh im dead...

and I know like its war and shit and loads add, but like warlocks man are heartless they dont give a shit... there isnt one I have seen that cant resist chambering people that are fighting..

if you like go up against the standard 2 chamber bomber... like he is gonna be able to use his chambers and he is gonna do a UI pbaoe.. so like that is like 1500-2000 damage with 50% matter resist. 2000-2500 with 25% matter resist. 3000+ with low matter resists and crits. that is the class in a nutshell 2x insta bomb and ui bomb. so like class V class they are a nightmare.... no other class has such OP class abilities really, but there are ml and ra timers which are equally as situationally fucked up.

there are not many decent WL's on this server too, like people comment most people WL's are just fun toons...those ofc are killable but the one that people play seriously (like rr5+ with good suits)... quite simple do not fucking go near them.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Anarch said:
ive seen a banshee 2 shot a troll zerk whit 48 % resists up ^^Also seen them 2-3 shot a zerg^^ now thats OP dont you think ?:)

The only thing overpowered there is your sense of imagination. With a normal buffed zerk on about 2.2k HP, and with ~50% damage reduction to bainshee nuke, that would take two nukes of ~2,200 damage for that to be correct.

Orly mates?

B

Betrayal

If you dont have healers in your group you will die to most casters if you start at 1500 range unless bad resists on his spells. Have your bard do some amnesia (lulL) on WL next time mayhaps? :p Or your bard is just a clueless puppet pressing his 2 insta mezzes?
You are a melee char, your job is to kill things, others in your group have the role to shut them down / interrupt / CC and so on. If they dont do their job good, you wont get to do yours, easy as that :>
WL is not more oped than a bd / sorc / cabby / eld / chanter / rm / sm. The only difference is that with higher RR the other casters gets better though MoC 3 and WL remains stuck with his limited UI casts. BAOD anyone? Bainshee ablative?
Stop whining and learn to play :) (or better not, you give nice rps ^^)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
tbh the amount of templates i have seen where folks have like 5% to 10% matter resists is laughable. Matter is now probbly a primary resist unless you like being one shotted by warlocks. You wouldnt go out rvring with 0% heat or 0% body would you ?

also most warlocks have the passive spell pericing + lots of wildpower because they dont need to buy moc like other casters. What i always say is never solo a warlock and never go near one that has chambers up or is running with another warlock because your just going to die. And also rely on your group if you have no ranged abilitys to interupt a warlock because if they get 1 cast of they will chamber dump you.

B

Betrayal

I dont know how WLs do on normal servers, but on classic is a different matter. And we plan to run a RC rm to debuff, so keep your resists up or you will.... die? :)
PS: A good rm can spam matter debuff on bunch of stuned peeps before the WL(s) get on top of them to pbaoe which makes the numbers go really high (1k+ dmg is common) :p

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Ethild said:
The only thing overpowered there is your sense of imagination. With a normal buffed zerk on about 2.2k HP, and with ~50% damage reduction to bainshee nuke, that would take two nukes of ~2,200 damage for that to be correct.

Orly mates?
yes like i said OP!

Kanim

Banned
Betrayal said:
If you dont have healers in your group you will die to most casters if you start at 1500 range unless bad resists on his spells. Have your bard do some amnesia (lulL) on WL next time mayhaps? :p Or your bard is just a clueless puppet pressing his 2 insta mezzes?
You are a melee char, your job is to kill things, others in your group have the role to shut them down / interrupt / CC and so on. If they dont do their job good, you wont get to do yours, easy as that :>
WL is not more oped than a bd / sorc / cabby / eld / chanter / rm / sm. The only difference is that with higher RR the other casters gets better though MoC 3 and WL remains stuck with his limited UI casts. BAOD anyone? Bainshee ablative?
Stop whining and learn to play :) (or better not, you give nice rps ^^)

ololk

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
semanon said:
lol says the cabby who can life tap with a crazy casting speed. Damn I really got to laugh at people like you.:clap: :clap:

Why not moan about Bainshee damage output or Hib base-line stub or the 3 million sorcs on alb with a casting speed of 3 nano seconds. Get a grip guys, all realms have class types that get on everyones nerves. Mythic unbalanced this game ages ago and its not going to change now.

1. Don't play the caby in RvR - still needs MLs 4-9 ;-). I would agree that the giant pet hitting for stupid damage is OP and the timer or damage probably needs to be addressed.
2. The thread was a whine about whorecocks not Banshites. I do think Banshee's are OP in certain situations, the interrupt is ridiculous and CAOE should have drop off like an Ice Wiz PBAOE but tbh they 10 x easier to kill than a WL.
3. Again not on topic but - I have stated many times that imo all insta's should go and the game would be better for it. Give all realms same CC range and countermeasures.

That Ok for ya? If not soz but I cannot be arsed to write anything more on the subject. All been done before a hundred times and I'm too busy irl right now. My one hope is that Mythis will see how many are rolling WL's and do something about them quickly. Actually saw a FG of them near Bled the other day. Just had to laugh.

Happy and prosperous New Year to All
:drink:

Omegah

Fledgling Freddie
Get rid of the Warlock class and offer a /freelevel 50 to the peeps who have a Warlock or /freelevel 40 etc :p for wat ever the lvl of your Warlock is

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom