warlocks!

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
Nothing to do with GOA. The blame for this goes to Mythic. Agreed though, the char should have been aborted long before birth. Those that that play the WL class are same people that would probably play Doom in god mode. They don't want a challenge only to pawn, saddo's.

lol says the cabby who can life tap with a crazy casting speed. Damn I really got to laugh at people like you.:clap: :clap:

why not moan about Bainshee damage output or Hib base-line stub or the 3 million sorcs on alb with a casting speed of 3 nano seconds. Get a grip guys, all realms have class types that get on everyones nerves. Mythic unbalanced this game ages ago and its not going to change now.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Rookiescot said:
Suggest everyone does the same as I just did.
Cancel you subscription.
If you quit, my reply is get a fucking life, seems you cant stay away from the game that much if you still feel the desire to trawl these forums.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Gotmagi said:
Maybe because warlocks came in catacombs? Years after the classes that now are on the top 20 list... :twak: :p
Top 20 last week RP earning...sorry to have to spell it out for you.:twak:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
semanon said:
lol says the cabby who can life tap with a crazy casting speed. Damn I really got to laugh at people like you.:clap: :clap:

why not moan about Bainshee damage output or Hib base-line stub or the 3 million sorcs on alb with a casting speed of 3 nano seconds. Get a grip guys, all realms have class types that get on everyones nerves. Mythic unbalanced this game ages ago and its not going to change now.
Most sensible thing said yet.

BTW, i didnt say warlock were not OP, i said they are not the only class.

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Kids defending an overpowered class.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO, DON'T TAKE MY TOY AWAY, MY PRECIOUS!!!"

/em points at the overpowered sorc and laughs.

Aspher

Fledgling Freddie
Leahc said:
2500 dmg in one second? What about getting from level 10 to 50 and get some decent matter resist ;)

Just a little reminder. Casters from your own realm treat us no better.
Stun - nuke - nuke - nuke /release ... who is the dribbling retards?

You got owned. Wipe your eyes and take a OP baseline stunner out for a spin :rolleyes:

Just for your information I am level 50 and I have 24 matter resist in my template so you are not really giving me the impression that you have any idea what you are talking about here maters

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
If you quit, my reply is get a fucking life, seems you cant stay away from the game that much if you still feel the desire to trawl these forums.

What are you the forum police?
Feeling under pressure because people are complaining about your RP machine?

Comos

Loyal Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
cabby pets that can walk thru walls

Every pet can walk through walls, not just a cabby one. BD one, SM one...

Septina

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
Most sensible thing said yet.

BTW, i didnt say warlock were not OP, i said they are not the only class.

Aye, warlocks arent OPd at all :D

Thats on 40% matter resists and in a matter of seconds :p
Sure there are other classes that are op'd, every realm has op'd classes BUT there is no other class that is overpowered lika a warlock.
There is overpowered and then there's warlock overpowered. :p

All a warlock has to do vs most targets is basically target him, press one or two buttons and its dead.
Hell, my bm has ~2400 hp, capped matter and i still die in a matter of seconds vs a warlock. :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
rofl

Says the Sorc...

I usually think of grannybashers beating up on nonces in jail when I see sorcs slagging of warlocks

However pointing out imbalances elsewhere in game really dosnt justify a class that can insta-kill, and people saying
"but its meant to frontload massive amounts of damage"
dosn't make it any more palatable for the people on the receiving end.

What summed warlocks up for me was the vid on VN just after catas was released of a lvl50 warlock with NO gear whatsoever (except some sort of stick thingy) running around the frontiers, killing 1 person out of a group, getting ganked, releasing and repeating ad nasuem.

If I could be guaranteed 1 kill for every 1 death in RvR on my ranger, I'd be RR12 by now :p

The Warlock is a concept that should have be still-born through it's own arse rather than make it into this game.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:

Sure there are other classes that are op'd, every realm has op'd classes BUT there is no other class that is overpowered lika a warlock.

All a warlock has to do vs most targets is basically target him, press one or two buttons and its dead.
Hell, my bm has ~2400 hp, capped matter and i still die in a matter of seconds vs a warlock. :)

come on , stun the warlock already, mmk.

and screenshot looks like 3UI's and 1 chamber, thats 7 buttons fyi! thats like 3 more buttons then when a sorc kills my rm xD

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
how would a bm (or any class) stun a warlock from that range then?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
remi said:

and screenshot looks like 3UI's and 1 chamber, thats 7 buttons fyi! thats like 3 more buttons then when a sorc kills my rm xD

Aye warlocks cant get access to stun-feedback arti's or the realm-ability purge.

Just so you know remi.... the higher RR warlocks on Prydwen all had Purge3... start to see the problem ?

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
the higher RR warlocks on Prydwen all had Purge3...

First and only required RA on a WL...kinda sad really.

/Dracus

Septina

Part of the furniture
remi said:

Should have added that a realm rank 7 warlock MOST likely has access to atleast purge2 so even morons like you could understand. Bigsoz, will think of that in the future. :)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
i realise warlocks are overpowered and the only reason i play(ed) mine on classic was that it was actually rather fun in pve to be able to do so much with just your one class.
anyway, do you even realise, that if a warlock kills you in 3 seconds, maybe he can also kill your duom8 (if he doesnt get stunned, zephyred, killed etc) and then be oom with no chambers up and his only cc for escaping will be either grey root on a 4 sec cast time or a 40% (or smth cba to check) snare with a cast time depending on his spec (powerless). so basically he wastes all his power and instas just to kill you. now think if for example a dark SM had been fighting against you. im damn sure he would have won against you as well, maybe it would have taken a few secs more, but he would have won and would still be able to go on killing, debuffing, rooting etc stuff.
before you start spewing snot again i remind you that yes, i agree, warlocks are overpowered and whatever else you might say about them.

Dracus said:
The funny thing is. I actually tried to make an alternative spec WL..just to see if it worked...and hell no it didnt...this makes it even worse..only 1 spec for WLs. fotm coclock spec with LT and instabombs.

you do know that warlocks actually have like loads of different specs they can use? if you had read up on them or understood game mechanics on paper (that way you wouldnt have to test, since i rly doubt you have a 50 warlock you can test with) you would know that.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Septina said:

yip. agree 100%. But retards need a class they can play too so warlock will probably stay as is.

Septina

Part of the furniture
fl3a said:
i realise warlocks are overpowered and the only reason i play(ed) mine on classic was that it was actually rather fun in pve to be able to do so much with just your one class.
anyway, do you even realise, that if a warlock kills you in 3 seconds, maybe he can also kill your duom8 (if he doesnt get stunned, zephyred, killed etc) and then be oom with no chambers up and his only cc for escaping will be either grey root on a 4 sec cast time or a 40% (or smth cba to check) snare with a cast time depending on his spec (powerless). so basically he wastes all his power and instas just to kill you. now think if for example a dark SM had been fighting against you. im damn sure he would have won against you as well, maybe it would have taken a few secs more, but he would have won and would still be able to go on killing, debuffing, rooting etc stuff.
before you start spewing snot again i remind you that yes, i agree, warlocks are overpowered and whatever else you might say about them.

You cant compare a warlock to ANY other caster.
ANY other caster can be interrupted, ANY other caster gets affected by Demoralize (cant say for sure cause frankly i dont know, but have been told that warlocks doesnt get affected by Demo seeing as their spells are insta cast etc and that makes sense to me since i cant remember seeing any dmg decrease when using demo on warlocks :p).

As soon as a warlock is free, as in not stunned, mezzed he can press his button in peace no matter if someone is spamming spells on him, styling on him, got a pet on him or whatever.
Any other caster would have to specc Moc3 to get a bit closer to the same results.

Stun the warlock you say, any warlock with half a brain speccs atleast purge2.

I realise the warlock has to use shitloads of power to kill people but hey, using all your power to get yourself a nice 2 - 3 kills every time you run and face small groups is a fair trade imo. :)

Aspher

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:

I don't mind losing to other classes so your example of a dark SM killing me is perfectly possible and I have no problems with that whatsoever. To be honest I even think I will lose most 1vs1 combats vs casters of average RR as a BM. However your whole point about a duo mate who can kill a lock after the lock has killed me is kinda weak, this means that everytime a lock sees a duo/group incoming he just has to target one of the players, unleash his chambers, get the 1100 rps from that kill and then still has a fair chance against the 2nd player, basically a fairly simple principle which gets the lock lots of easy rps.

Oh and pls don't start about spewing snot maters, cos so far very few people have been able to bring up a decent argument in favor of the locks, so chances are in fact that you're the one spewing snot here. But hey I can also understand that the lock is a very nice class for the intellectually challenged like yourself.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
ok, one more time for those that can not read

I AGREE THAT WARLOCKS ARE OVERPOWERED AND IM NOT JUSTIFYING ANYTHING!!!! yes, its totally stupid that a class exists that can run out and get their rps with ease, just pressing a few buttons and watching them roll in. just that all the people that whine at them do not look at the whole picture. never judge a man before walking a mile in his moccasins.

septina said it correctly, they can not be compared to any other caster, because they are just different.
ashper, i think you should work on your reading comprehension a bit, or maybe i should try to make easier sentences. anyway, i wasnt even trying to bring up an argument in the favor of the locks. it would be totally stupid to do that.

do you understand now? maybe once more: i am not trying to justify warlocks being totally overpowered in small grp rvr, especially frontloading, i am just trying to perhaps add lanes for your tunnel visions tunnel :)

Dorimor1

Banned
Warlocks can be more complicated than alot of classes if you spec it differently, though most just go for the chamber-dumping spec.

Crocky

Banned
RS|Phil said:
* Warlocks are OP?
* Care to explain then why Sorcerers are considered "balanced" and hit me for up to three times my damage even though their spell delves for less? Hmm?

are you calling a sorcer an OP nuker? (rofl)

Crocky

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
What a crock, again, what about baseline stun and DD on chanters, Sorcs who were major OPd burning MoC+RR5 for bloody ages, theurgs casting thru walls, cabby pets that can walk thru walls, ML9 pets that do 5 times the mellee damage of most hybrids

Even tho i'd wish to discuss this, if that's your vision on OPness after the 4 years of daoc you've played.

dude, get a clue, grow a brain and buy some glasses.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
maybe you should try playing the game then offer an opinion? when did you quit? like over a year ago?

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Should have added that a realm rank 7 warlock MOST likely has access to atleast purge2 so even morons like you could understand. Bigsoz, will think of that in the future. :)

so fucking what? any lifetaper got moc3, bigsoz your a retard mmk :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom