warlocks!

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks aren't gonna go away, though. They're not even gonna get nerfed. At least I don't expect them to. Mythic's done stranger things, but hey. :)

Dorimor1

Banned
Septina said:
Grow a brain before posting :m00:

Perhaps you should 'get a clue newb' (as you once quoted) before you judge something. But I wouldn't expect anything from you.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
Perhaps you should 'get a clue newb' (as you once quoted) before you judge something. But I wouldn't expect anything from you.

awww, look its Mr.Grumpy that hates 'elitist punk son of a bitches high rr whores' etc :D
Cant expect more from you i suppose, not that i have the slightest clue who you are and afaik i've never even spoken to you.

But gogo, its quite cute =)

Dorimor1

Banned
Septina said:
awww, look its Mr.Grumpy that hates 'elitist punk son of a bitches high rr whores' etc :D
Cant expect more from you i suppose, not that i have the slightest clue who you are and afaik i've never even spoken to you.

But gogo, its quite cute =)

Haha - most of the people you state above I have no problem with at all, its people like you who I don't like, incase you didn't know, going on about 'randoms' and thinking high of yourself, because you have more free time than anyone else (as I stated in the other thread) I think I could beat you at Tetris, does that make me more important than you? Don't think so.

I honestly couldn't care what you think of me, I don't know you, wouldn't like to know you and god forbid if I ever do stumble across you. But you can flame me all day if you want though sometimes I do find it hard talking to people with the maturity of a twelve year old that has serious behaviour disorders.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
Haha - most of the people you state above I have no problem with at all, its people like you who I don't like, incase you didn't know, going on about 'randoms' and thinking high of yourself, because you have more free time than anyone else (as I stated in the other thread) I think I could beat you at Tetris, does that make me more important than you? Don't think so.

I honestly couldn't care what you think of me, I don't know you, wouldn't like to know you and god forbid if I ever do stumble across you. But you can flame me all day if you want though sometimes I do find it hard talking to people with the maturity of a twelve year old that has serious behaviour disorders.

Quite amusing that you have that opinion of me. Would be fun to see you quote me where i've called people randoms, newbs and generally just saying i'm better than someone irl cause i have more rp's.

Frankly i detest such behaviour myself and its as i said quite amusing that you see me as such.
But fine, not gonna try and convince you otherwise.

I play for fun, rp's i couldnt care less about.
For me this game is playing with good friends and having fun. :)

Dorimor1

Banned
Septina said:
Quite amusing that you have that opinion of me. Would be fun to see you quote me where i've called people randoms, newbs and generally just saying i'm better than someone irl cause i have more rp's.

Frankly i detest such behaviour myself and its as i said quite amusing that you see me as such.
But fine, not gonna try and convince you otherwise.

I play for fun, rp's i couldnt care less about.
For me this game is playing with good friends and having fun. :)

Would have expected a naïve reply, but maybe I am wrong.

Yes I play this game for fun to but I find that alot of people try to ruin by either acting like dicks or disregarding people because they feel they are more important, most of which has come from your guild actually, but as I said, maybe I am wrong. I am going to use the incident that happened years ago as an excuse to generalize alot of the people you play with because I believe it really was a bad thing to do, anyway, less of that, I'll just leave it then.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
Would have expected a naïve reply, but maybe I am wrong.

Yes I play this game for fun to but I find that alot of people try to ruin by either acting like dicks or disregarding people because they feel they are more important, most of which has come from your guild actually, but as I said, maybe I am wrong. I am going to use the incident that happened years ago as an excuse to generalize alot of the people you play with because I believe it really was a bad thing to do, anyway, less of that, I'll just leave it then.

Not gonna say i'm flawless or anything, i may have whined on some person in a spur of the moment thing cause i got upset from being zerged or whatever.
It baffles me tho how you've come to this conclusion about me cause i really cant stand such behaviour myself, i think its very sad, and it is indeed as you say people get rp's from dedication, more spare time = more rp's ofc.

Some people are hc players of this game, run dedicated full groups and kill other dedicated groups and ofc the other groups that dont have the same dedication or time to play this game.

Thinking that you're a god irl and better than people just cause you've achieved something in a game is detestable. :/

Edit: Cant say i recall the incident you're talking about :(
I'm sure some people (i assume its PE you're talking about) had this kind of attitude and it is as i said, very very sad.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Dorimor, I'm more important than you tbh, in everything, even Tetris.

Dorimor1

Banned
Septina said:
Edit: Cant say i recall the incident you're talking about :(
I'm sure some people (i assume its PE you're talking about) had this kind of attitude and it is as i said, very very sad.

Well I don't wish to talk about it, it didn't happen to me but a guildie, if you really want to know how about asking your GM?

Septina

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
Well I don't wish to talk about it, it didn't happen to me but a guildie, if you really want to know how about asking your GM?

Havent been a part of PE for over a year now.
And dont think anyone of the old PE crew is still playing.
Most moved on to wow, another server/realm or just irl.

Dorimor1

Banned
Septina said:
Havent been a part of PE for over a year now.
And dont think anyone of the old PE crew is still playing.
Most moved on to wow, another server/realm or just irl.

Hmmm... Ok then :) sorry

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Mythic has dealt hibs and albs much better cards over the years like group purge, SOS, and many other abilities that mid didnt have.

aye mid is so fucking hardmode an has always been :(

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
So can most decent casters with a good template.

i can 3 shot a bm.. sure

but not within 1 second and withouth him hitting me

if i stun a merc he purges or allerady has his charge up

if i moc

he does kill my 4 brittle guards. then the shile d buff and then me..

kk maybe sometimes (rarely) they dont hit me ether.

but atleast he has a chance... and i dont ahve moc allways up.. and my pbaoe(with moc) hits arround 700 when they stand in me.. (no crits).

a warlock also hits for 700 with 1 dd... and does that 6 times within 2 seconds...the fun!!!!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
First time checked these forums in many many months.

Same shit, different class. Even the arguments, trollspeak and replies are the same :D

Medigophler

Loyal Freddie
In regards to the first post in this thread...

yes wl might be unfair 1vs 1. But against a grouped opponent its not unusual to hit something like 412(-299). With that kind of resist and DI up .. who is afraid of wls .. certainly not opted grps.
Warlocks has its uses .. just like Hibs casters with baseline stun, and i.e. Albs sorcerer, with ae mezz (range 1875), or minstrel or ..well u get the point i hope.
I cant count the times ive been nuked to death, on either my wl, my thane or my healer, and i dont expect nothing less.
Accept u are gonna die to wls, u can´t win all your fights .. if you are even remotely sane ... avoid wls solo ..
Imo .. remove warlox from game, and give Midgaard a sorc, or a caster with baselinestun ... I´d prefer that to having a wl ..
wlhater crybabies :puke:

B

Betrayal

AngelHeal said:
i can 3 shot a bm.. sure

but not within 1 second and withouth him hitting me

if i stun a merc he purges or allerady has his charge up

if i moc

he does kill my 4 brittle guards. then the shile d buff and then me..

kk maybe sometimes (rarely) they dont hit me ether.

but atleast he has a chance... and i dont ahve moc allways up.. and my pbaoe(with moc) hits arround 700 when they stand in me.. (no crits).

a warlock also hits for 700 with 1 dd... and does that 6 times within 2 seconds...the fun!!!!
I suppose you talk about normal servers, and to do 700 dmg with the LT (when you will get hit for 700 from baseline cursing DD supposing wl is 50/20 or 49/20, either wl is RR10, all 3 pow relics, capped damage RAs / Toa template, your matter resists are zero) means he crited. My lt cap on clasic server with 2 pow relics is 599. Substract resists and not even with a perfect crit wont get close to 700 dmg.
My pbaoe caps at 1014 dmg. Make a wild guess for how much I pbaoe vs hibs group with buffed resists, 26% matter resists SC and bainshee ablative up. What happens when a MoCing caster gets amnesia spam on him? He still has chance to cast spells. Compare to WL now. 20% pow lost. 20% pow lost. 20% pow lost. 20% pow lost. 20% pow lost. Hello there :)
But sure, WLs are oped, main reason why they dont get RvR groups even on clasic.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I personally think the whine is justified...but I do understand the limitations of the class. I personally can'y understand why WLs struggle to get RvR groups and I guess it's more to do with a general dislike of the class than a lack of groupability. I mean, a WL can do all of the following;

• Similar (less, but not by much) ranged damage to an RM (and it's an LT!)
  • Better PBAOE damage than an SM
  • NS at (I believe) greater range than an RM
  • DOT that does more damage than DOT-spec casters (ie Matter Cabby)
  • Spreadheals that easily outheal a secondary healer (Shaman, Friar)
  • Snare that breaks Zombie form (only OP'd ability of Alb Catas class)
  • Uninterruptable cast of damage spells without MoC (high power usage)
  • Powerless cast of damage and healing spells (long cast time)
No other class comes close to the utility a WL has and they get all the above with a single spec.

Some fixes to the class are required I think. I'd do the following;

• Introduce MoC-style damage/duration/healing penalties for UI and powerless casting
  • Remove their self-target bladeturn
  • Change their Chambers to a 'Focus' spell. The WL can cast and move with Chambers up, but if they take damage then their chambers are destroyed. Reduce time to cast chambers to compensate
They'd still be a huge pain in the ass in keep seiges, but would be less deadly solo and open-field.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Just for the fun, I looked up where Warlocks are standing in the RP earning over last week. There's a funny thing - apparantly Excalibur is more inclined to play warlocks than Prydwen.

RP earning places over the last week:

(Excalibur) Warlocks position: 1, 3, 8, 9, 26, 32
(Prydwen) Warlocks position: 36

Prydwen seems to be more interested in keeping it's groups together than grabbing their solo classes. Even the population difference between Excal and Pryd can't cause such a difference in results.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
warlocks were designed imo to kill 1-2 people instantly then become useless as they are oop from uninteruptables.

problem is any person without a group to heal/di will die, also tarts/champion staff/power pots means they can disjh out more dmg a few seconds after.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
1) Bainshees cant nuke through every wall.
2) Any warlock with half a brain gets purge2 - 3 as first ra.
3) Nice to see you commenting about classes you obviously know fuckall about Mr.I-Only-Play-Mid.
4) What good does petspam do vs warlock? All their skil....err, spells are instant anyway.
5) There is not a single class ingame that can meassure up to the overpowerdness of the warlock. There are other overpowered clases sure, but none like the warlock xD

Have a nice day.

1. Not every wall? So that makes the bug exploit ok does it? You should know.
3. Wrong : a. not a mister b. Played Hib for long time before Mid. Still have a lvl 50 Champ there + own guild + 2 houses yada yada yada. Only played Alb on German server.
I make comments on what I see occurring. Doesn't mean I have to kill Draco with n pets up to resent it.
4. You missed the point (Why am I not surprised?) I was merely pointing out other realms overpowered classes. And as you very well know, not all Warlock spells are instas. See later posts by others with accurate information.
5. IF you were right about Warlocks - every Mid RvR player would have rolled one ages ago and steam-rollered NF into oblivion. Can't say I've noticed this happening, though Albs make a gallant attempt at it with their zerg-everyhting approach.

..and thanks, I did.

ps : I have a lvl 10 Warlock. Won't even bother to level her - I'll just come and kick yr sorry ass as she is, eh?:twak:

Class Balance? Don't make me laugh. :)

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Why dont you ask FH to make a new forum called warlock whine, then you all could go post in there and keep the discussions to something different, as Roo posted above its the same shite posted by the majoritively same posters.

The only way to make people happy is to lose the chambers and to lose the uniteruptable and give dex based casting times and quickcast, which as much as id like that myself it isnt going to happen. So if it bothers you that much go whine somewhere else or infact why dont you start a petition to goa (if that would make and difference)...

B

Betrayal

UI casts wont be altered. The huge power consumption for casting a spell with UI is a huge draw back, that's the reason why all spells UIed have full effect. WL is a caster since the self BT buff. Destroy chambers if they take damage? Lol :) So if you get doted, or have a pet stuck on, you loose 1/2 of class utility. Because you cant rechamber being in combat, and you would loose them as soon as you put them up for same reason. That supposing you have nothing else to do in a fight but load chambers ><
And a WL can do much more in a fight (FG vs FG) after he UIed his power off. Good positioning, kiting and throwing powerless utility spells. DS staff has pow replenish charge, power pots are now available, so stop thinking a WL is reduced to null after UIs.
But yes, you need a group who knows what a WL is and adapt play style to take full benefit of having it in group. And that will hardly happen with PUGs. DD/NS chamber on bard / sorc on inc = priceless. Assist MA with unbreakable snare = sweet. UI SH if support is in trouble / pbaoe pets (buffed pets die in 1-2 casts top). Power management, good coordonation, good knowledge of fight and adapt your spells to situation as needed make a WL a good spot for a group.
But this wont happen any time soon, as peeps are fed up with WL whine, and 90% of wl players only load-unload chambers, making them useless in any group leader eyes.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Best way to fix Warlocks would be to first tone down their overal damage a little bit more - they took a 30% reduction a while after release of cata, but even that huge reduction wasnt quite enough. Another 10-20% would be in order in my humble oppinion. Then again i think all casters do too much damage. Second, and most importantly, their chamber release cooldown timer should be increased to say 5 sec instead of 2 sec as it is currently. This would let them retain the utility of having 2-3 premade instacast spells at their disposal, but they couldnt dump their chambers and kill anyone in 2 sec, which honestly isnt enough time for anyone to react unless you have some sort of "spider sense" (or have DI up).

- English -

Resident Freddy
I sumed a warlock up nicely today

: its like a gm typing /kill on targets!! teh fun :p

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
living said:
The class is broken, and the people who play it in rvr gain no respect from me.

Maybe not every is looking for respect.

I'm lvl'ing one on Mid/glas atm , and i'm just having fun , that's all , i know it's insainly Op'd , but that's part of the fun =).

Iv'e been steamrolled enough by them on alb/excal to know they are not nice :twak: , but now i know just how easy they are =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom