How would you like to see warlocks "altered"

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok so with the incoming heavy nerf ive been thinking of ways the warlock can be better tuned rather than just nerfing damage and makind casting slower. Please no "delete" replys, hoping this thread will get some positive responses and not the usual post farming spam.

My idea No1.

Remove the WC line and give dex based casting on spells and normal power usage.

Idea No2.

Let the new nerf stand with 30% reduction in dmg for UI spells, but also give dex based cating on secondary spells in the hex and curse lines without higher power penalties. This way warlocks would still have a "mini moc" should they wish/have to use it, just like a sorc/wizz etc can choose to buy moc and also use that. The damage nerf would still stand and be heavily reduced but then UI casting would become very rare and be only used in life or death situations like a moc caster.

Keep chambers but reduce all damage by 90% so that chambers are more of a tool of interupts much like a skald shouts.

Remove the value 20 pom and give lvl 5 red pom same as full pac healer, but also give group pom ability and let it also be recieved by realm mates like a sorc or menta would do, as there is only 1 form of power regen in mid besides fop and warlock is self pom only.

As for powerless, again keep that intact but up the cast time to the hardcoded 4sec casts the curse line currently ahs at the moment, so depending on the situation warlocks can normal cast (dex based cating with normal power usage) "mini moc" with UI's also at current power usage and with 1.82 dmg nerf, and powerless if needed but with 4sec cast time.

Personally i like no2 the most, it reduces the heavy insta damage and more warlocks would use normal dex based casting instead of UI's whilst keeping the warlock trademarks and keeping essentially the uniqueness of the char also.

Essentially warlocks are still damage dealing casters and not utility cloth wearers, the next nerf is removing the dmg dealing aspect from them pratically and leaving them as a poor nearsighter, and cloth based poor healer.

/discuss

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
I dont agree that warlocks needs a better tune, I believe in hard nerfing since it IS stupidly overpowered.

I dont mind if it gets nerfed down on par with any other midgard caster, that would only seem fair to me.

or just delete the class :cheers:

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
remove lifetap :p and not just from wl's, but from all casters

Gamah

Banned
On a side note, isn't it just fantastic how hard US warlocks are crying? :D

I like this poster

VNLOCK said:
If this these patch notes are applied as is, then "supposedly" a warlock is no better than any other caster. Therefore warlocks need to have the tools every other caster have in midgard. Where is my baseline root? Better yet, give us baseline stun :p. These chambers above my head were a disadvantage because of other advantages given to warlocks.

Obviously he missed the snare, nearsight, pbaoe, bolts, heals, Uber Pom, Yes mates warlocks lack utility!

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Gamah said:
Obviously he missed the snare, nearsight, pbaoe, bolts, heals, Uber Pom, Yes mates warlocks lack utility!

But after nerf those will do 30% less than now, so many flaws with you spamming what a warlock can do. Hmm 4sec bolt cast any good ? Ns only casted at 1500 range unless its primered first which is too slow cast, snare isnt a comparison to root or stun or mezz, pom is only self pom and not grp, and heals will be reduced 30% with nerf. Thats the whole point, is a warlock just gonna be a hybrid of a rm,healer,sm can do some of the things but not as good ?

Gamah

Banned
Mas said:
But after nerf those will do 30% less than now, so many flaws with you spamming what a warlock can do. Hmm 4sec bolt cast any good ? Ns only casted at 1500 range unless its primered first which is too slow cast, snare isnt a comparison to root or stun or mezz, pom is only self pom and not grp, and heals will be reduced 30% with nerf. Thats the whole point, is a warlock just gonna be a hybrid of a rm,healer,sm can do some of the things but not as good ?

Good I hope its so shit no one wants to play it ever. I can't be arsed to get in to a class argument with you..I hope Warlocks are shit in 1.82 and get nerfed to that of thane level in future patches..I won't miss them.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Gamah said:
Good I hope its so shit no one wants to play it ever. I can't be arsed to get in to a class argument with you..I hope Warlocks are shit in 1.82 and get nerfed to that of thane level in future patches..I won't miss them.

Then hopefully your bainshee and minstrel afterwards then.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
U've been fucking running around insta-killing people, been defending how balanced it all was, and now it finally gets nerfed more and more you want a discussion about it?

I got a good balancing-idea:

* Remove Hexing
* Remove Witchcrafting

Replace Hexing with Wizard earth-spec, without the bolt. Replace Withcrafting with the mentalist mentalism-spec, without the demezz.

Have fun.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
U've been fucking running around insta-killing people, been defending how balanced it all was, and now it finally gets nerfed more and more you want a discussion about it?

I got a good balancing-idea:

* Remove Hexing
* Remove Witchcrafting

Replace Hexing with Wizard earth-spec, without the bolt. Replace Withcrafting with the mentalist mentalism-spec, without the demezz.

Have fun.

The 1.82 nerf wont stop insta killing, if a warlock sets his sights on you and unloads your dead which is what you cry about, the ideas ive posted are to stop you crying and bring them inline with other casters, but obviously you post crap about specs in other casters which noone specs.

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Mas said:
Gamah said:
Good I hope its so shit no one wants to play it ever. I can't be arsed to get in to a class argument with you..I hope Warlocks are shit in 1.82 and get nerfed to that of thane level in future patches..I won't miss them

Totaly agree with u, WLs may be worse then other classes, but imo banshee follow pretty close.

Gamah

Banned
Mas said:

Bainshee is already getting a nerf..or did your tears about warlocks make your eyes blury before you got to the Bainshee notes?

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Gamah said:
Bainshee is already getting a nerf..or did your tears about warlocks make your eyes blury before you got to the Bainshee notes?

Yer big nerf bainshee got isnt it, its not compareable. Its ok to nerf your char a little but would like to see the 1 char you cant defeat solo totally obliterated instead of brigning it inline with other casters. Good job you dont work for mythic aint it.

Gamah

Banned
haha, all I have to do is spec soj to beat any warlock in the game.. Its just fun you rolled a stupidly overpowered class and cry so hard when it finally gets what it deserves..

Anyway Shadowblade is the next fotm..better get xping!

B

Betrayal

Just remove or nerf to oblivion all casters (yes all) on clasic servers. Give only tank groups for everything.
Move CC from sorc to heretic so you have chain wearer CC class on alb (yes roots and mezzes, but no speed or debuffs :p) then all can have long fights like in movies :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
yes because mythic are really good at making balanced classes....

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
remove chambers
remove LT
remove pbaoe
remove pom
make them 50% encumbered all the time
make them unbuffable, like vamps but without self raising stats
give them str and qui as raising stats

that should just about counter the 1/2 years of bullshit OP'ness

actually, most people dont really care how they change warlocks and would be quite happy to just see them deleted, they arent played by anyone interested in a bit of a challenge or anyone that wants to be usefull to thier realm, they are played by mongs who couldnt quite master the bonedancer.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
remove chambers
remove LT
remove pbaoe
remove pom

actually, most people dont really care how they change warlocks and would be quite happy to just see them deleted, they arent played by anyone interested in a bit of a challenge or anyone that wants to be usefull to thier realm, they are played by mongs who couldnt quite master the bonedancer.

Another fine post raven didnt know why you bothered but still some of your fh M8JTS will give you a rep point no doubt.

If they dont care then they dont have to post, simple. go tread the rvr boards or something.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
will be nice seeing them nerfed to hell.

half a year of OPness is finaly over, and no a warlock wont be able too instant kill a heavy tank anymore and thats what its all about.

E

Eruptix

Raven said:
remove chambers
remove LT
remove pbaoe
remove pom

rep for joo

QQ more Mas,your precious Iwin class is finaly getting what it deserved

time to roll a vamp?

Just remove or nerf to oblivion all casters (yes all) on clasic servers. Give only tank groups for everything.
Move CC from sorc to heretic so you have chain wearer CC class on alb (yes roots and mezzes, but no speed or debuffs ) then all can have long fights like in movies
yes cause det5 tanks with the soon-to-be heavy tank changes are so weak compared to caster grps..

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
People who, still, think Warlocks are so overpowered and need the coming nerf should go read the extensive testing Thorsen has done in the Warlock forums on VN Boards.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Eruptix said:
rep for joo

QQ more Mas,your precious Iwin class is finaly getting what it deserved

time to roll a vamp?

No qq at all its just a debate, ill still play regardless. The 1.82 patch has changed for walocks on pendragon 3 times so far so it could all be different again, maybe more nerfage still, we'll see.... be nice to try warrior also after patch, then maybe he wont get 99% insta killed by sorcs too.. but oh no people will cry then and the nerfbat will come. But will still play the warlock though anyhow.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
As long as they cant insta kill any class in the game with the push of 1-2
buttons im happy.. It_is_utterly_st00pid.

Gamah

Banned
Marcus75 said:
People who, still, think Warlocks are so overpowered and need the coming nerf should go read the extensive testing Thorsen has done in the Warlock forums on VN Boards.

Maybe if you actully played the game more instead of reading forums you could tell they are a bullshit class?

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Gamah said:
Maybe if you actully played the game more instead of reading forums you could tell they are a bullshit class?

Go have a read of that yourself Gamah instead of posting useless posts here, maybe you will see more to the nerf of warlocks than OMG ive been insta killed again NERFFFFF.

gillan

Fledgling Freddie
I think the nerfs Mythic is doing are really good, would like to see the chamber timer upped to 4 tho. The problem with the class isnt really the damage the do, its the time they do it in. I just hope a lot of wl's stop playing their class now and roll something group friendly so there will be more groups out.

Himse

FH is my second home
You all make me laugh, awww QQ WL is op, delete it, well in that case, please delete Bainshees, Heretics and Vamps too, because they are OP in their OWN way. WL isnt op, you just dont know how to beat it!

<gives the wl a beer! or 5!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom