How would you like to see warlocks "altered"

Septina

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
As marcus75 said there to be a post on the vnboards that was very thorough I thought I'd search for it. Here is Thronsen's nice post:

And it's not neccesarily that we do or do not deserve those nerfs but it's very depressing and lowering your moral if you get another class nerfed to the bone.

[edit]
here is the VNBoards warlock board with a few other tests etc on how much damage a warlock actually does.

Ever think about that the nerfs might be quite justified?
And if people get depressed and lowered morale cause their insanely overpowered classes gets nerfed then i wouldnt really call them fair players. :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
To say it in chandler style:

Have you even _read_ my post??

Did you read mine? :)
If people get depressed and lowered morale cause their oneshot wonderclasses get nerfed down then i really dont think that such players got any clue what fair play is. :)

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
well personally i do think they need to be toned down a bit....maybe the nerf is too much...maybe it isnt....an imho i think most casters have been boosted a bit too much....anyone here seen the vid of the chanter takin out tanks in melee?? i mean wtf's with that....if you dont get turned into a crispy duck wing before u get to em (as a tank) they just turn round an kick ya teeth through the back of ya head.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
I love the fucking way hes going "oh 30% less etc etc."

How about the fact you've played with 100% more damage than any other caster for the past year, There was no tears then.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
They should have gotten dex based casts from the start, Chambers removed and given pet spam.
Every single Mid was complaining about pet spam being a problem in Mid for high end PvE things well that would have sorted it but Mythic released this retarded version of a Warlock.

Give them QC like any other caster and dex based casts and remove their chambers and give them someform of pet spam, that would be the best solution to make 'all' realms happy imo.
To make them a bit like a Theurgist but lower damage nukes but instead of a normal DD a lifetap.

Dorimor1

Banned
The nerf was justified but I think Mythic should look at some other classes too and not pick on one class just because the MoCing sorcs have something they can't kill easily.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
The nerf was justified but I think Mythic should look at some other classes too and not pick on one class just because the MoCing sorcs have something they can't kill easily.

Assume that was aimed at me :) Would love to see you kill a warlock as ANY caster, hell... i'd love to see you kill a warlock 1v1 fullstop.
Been instakilled on my sorc vs warlocks, been instakilled on my blademaster vs warlocks.
There is NO other class in this game that comes even remotely close to being as overpowered as the warlock is.

My sorc has 6% matter resist so ofc i eat dirt every time i come up vs one and i expect people to come with comments such as 'omfg get some resists then noob, no wonder you die vs warlocks'.

I find it utterly pointless to get capped matter resists on a caster with 1500hp when my blademaster WITH capped matter resists die in a matter of seconds vs warlocks.
41% matter resists, 2500hp and i still cant do shit to kill warlocks :)

Dorimor1

Banned
Septina said:
Assume that was aimed at me :) Would love to see you kill a warlock as ANY caster, hell... i'd love to see you kill a warlock 1v1 fullstop.
Been instakilled on my sorc vs warlocks, been instakilled on my blademaster vs warlocks.
There is NO other class in this game that comes even remotely close to being as overpowered as the warlock is.

My sorc has 6% matter resist so ofc i eat dirt every time i come up vs one and i expect people to come with comments such as 'omfg get some resists then noob, no wonder you die vs warlocks'.

I find it utterly pointless to get capped matter resists on a caster with 1500hp when my blademaster WITH capped matter resists die in a matter of seconds vs warlocks.

Wasn't aimed specifically at you.

I'm not going to deny that the warlock is a silly class and should have been thought over before throwing it into the game. Its just that Mythic should also be looking at some other classes.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
Wasn't aimed specifically at you.

I'm not going to deny that the warlock is a silly class and should have been thought over before throwing it into the game. Its just that Mythic should also be looking at some other classes.

Agree on that, no doubt... however, out of all the classes ingame, the warlock class deserves to be the first one to be hit by the nerf bat.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
To say it in chandler style:

Have you even _read_ my post??

The post is entirely biassed, and in some cases even incorrect. They make it sound UI primer takes 5.3 seconds to cast. Perhaps if you're a Troll Warlock (dont exist, I know) who has no DEX on his suite and didnt bother to talk to a shaman for buffs before running out. Cast-time on the primers is *NOT* an issue when you encounter a Warlock loaded with chambers. I see alot of WL's on Brynja who cast their chambers inside Bled, or on top of 3 other WL's.

Despite *EVERYTHING* else, the *only* thing which matters:

Can you justify a Warlock killing someone in about 2-3 seconds *without* any change to interrupt his damage or to stop his damage, not to mention *ANY* warlock can do this, at *EVERY* given time?

Corran

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
No one is nerfing MoC3, and again I say UI on a warlock IS interuptable by mezz, unlike MoC, as well as all the other things mentioned in this thread that people over estimate about warlocks.

Sorry but... wtf?

How is MoC3 not interuptable by mezz?? You do realise that moc does NOT give you immunity to Crowd Control spells... this means if someone moc's then you either 1) stun them or 2) mezz them...

So how is this different to a warlock? Or are all my casters that have got moc bugged? because non of them can moc cast while mezzed or stunned!

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Only read a couple of pages and it got boring... nerf warlocks like mad, they should never have been able to one shot people it's gay.. anyone defending warlocks is a moron

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
big lol @ warlocks trying to defend themselves with "oh noes, we arent op, you are weak, gear yourself" while they doesn't even need a good gear to kill. Warlock is a sick, fecked up class, I think if Mythic can turn back time they would delete all about warlocks.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
Sorry but... wtf?

How is MoC3 not interuptable by mezz?? You do realise that moc does NOT give you immunity to Crowd Control spells... this means if someone moc's then you either 1) stun them or 2) mezz them...

So how is this different to a warlock? Or are all my casters that have got moc bugged? because non of them can moc cast while mezzed or stunned!

very good point there corran....an err.... if the only way to stop a warlock casting is with CC spells...what do 90% of classes in the game do? ....im prob gonna get some smartass try make me look stupid with some shit like "actualy is only 7.36% of classes in the game with CC spells"...but u get what im sayin.....in 8v8...ye...u set up a grp that has all u need....but what about the poor fucks that enjoy running solo...mythic need to look at some other angles imo...an too ALL an i repeat ALL u caster lovers out there....i think u all need a bit of a slap with the dreaded piece of lumber that is the nerf bat :p

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Marcus75 said:
People who, still, think Warlocks are so overpowered and need the coming nerf should go read the extensive testing Thorsen has done in the Warlock forums on VN Boards.

OR log onto the fucking game and judge themselves instead of reading about what some clueless yank on VN board claims?

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
OR log onto the fucking game and judge themselves instead of reading about what some clueless yank on VN board claims?

You really should make an attempt to read the thread before making a angry reply - otherwise you just look stupid.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Septina said:

OMG Spetina's chars cant kill a warlock 1 on 1 dial 0800 cry nerf.. to get your most hated char nerfed. Again the assumption is 1 on 1 RVR isnt 1 on 1... The same shit can be said when my warr (2890 hp and 27% and 10% body resists off sub spells ) sees a sorc dead albeit 1 sec longer than a warlock. I could mention the same with a theurg, chanter, menta, eld, etc etc so dont give comparisons on 1 vs 1 cause its just not valid.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Anyways....... as for the discussion (after recovered from how little some E&E members know- leaves little faith in their ability to help test things before patch released)

Warlock needs a major overhaul, you will see that i have given possible changes which would weaken chambers, would weaken uninteruptables but also help out in other areas. These have been sent in to Mythic and though some of it is shown in what they have done it does leave imbalance...

Personally I would like to see the changes as is stand, i would like to see their chambers weakened further down to 750 range, i would like to see them given a dex modified spec nuke (line to be decided yet) which has normal powercost (cant use uninteruptable primer on it however can be given access to moc for this nuke)

There few other tweaks to weaken it in some areas and strengthen in others, but not worth going into here, but I do try to keep a balanced view to much of it so that though you weakening the class dramatically, you keep them in line with other classes still

Himse

FH is my second home
No doubt WL's are op. but they deal alot of damage over that short time, then they are basically fucked :|

still, i think they should get a bit better powerpool.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Mas said:
OMG Spetina's chars cant kill a warlock 1 on 1 dial 0800 cry nerf.. to get your most hated char nerfed. Again the assumption is 1 on 1 RVR isnt 1 on 1... The same shit can be said when my warr (2890 hp and 27% and 10% body resists off sub spells ) sees a sorc dead albeit 1 sec longer than a warlock. I could mention the same with a theurg, chanter, menta, eld, etc etc so dont give comparisons on 1 vs 1 cause its just not valid.

Big diff is that any of those casters can be interrupted... a warlock even at rr1 can dish away insane damage without a chance of being interrupted. :)
If the warlock actually could be interrupted it wouldnt be half as overpowered as it is but the fact remains. You can mezz the warlock but as soon as you break that mezz you will be eating grass without ANY chance to do anything. :p
The ONLY thing that can stop a warlock is stun and that can be easily countered by the lock by speccing purge2.

And dont see how you're not able to kill casters with your warr, see caster, throw weapon and voila he's INTERUPTED which a warlock wouldnt be. :)

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Septina said:
Big diff is that any of those casters can be interrupted... a warlock even at rr1 can dish away insane damage without a chance of being interrupted. :)
If the warlock actually could be interrupted it wouldnt be half as overpowered as it is but the fact remains. You can mezz the warlock but as soon as you break that mezz you will be eating grass without ANY chance to do anything. :p
The ONLY thing that can stop a warlock is stun and that can be easily countered by the lock by speccing purge2.

And dont see how you're not able to kill casters with your warr, see caster, throw weapon and voila he's INTERUPTED which a warlock wouldnt be. :)

Providing i respec to battlemaster, the throw weapon would interupt the caster for 3 secs whilst i fumble for my weapon for 8 seconds, why a free 5 second of nukage/kite. Or do you mean throw as in the none specced warrior line because that would be funny.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Mas said:
Providing i respec to battlemaster, the throw weapon would interupt the caster for 3 secs whilst i fumble for my weapon for 8 seconds, why a free 5 second of nukage/kite. Or do you mean throw as in the none specced warrior line because that would be funny.

Nice way of dodging everything else i typed :]

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Septina said:
Nice way of dodging everything else i typed :]

Everything else you typed is yet based on 1 vs 1, yes the warlock is v good 1 vs 1, but not sustained, over the first 10 secs a warlock can outdamage any caster over 20 any caster can outdamage a warlock, 1 vs 1 caster against caster are all over in less than 10 secs, maybe some infs/sb/ns fights last longer i dunno but caster wars are fast. I only cast UI cast purely because its the fastest cast a warlock has, i dont stand a chance with powerless or base dd first so the class design is to use chambers and UI.

Id love nothing more to have dex based casting and remove all the WC line, but mythic nerfs it the wrong way and people will still insta die even after nerf, just more power usage for the warlock.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Haggus said:
I would like to see them deleted :)

Did you read the very first post and yet you sill post the same old tired rant of someone whos just been owned recently by a warlock. :twak:

pip

Banned
Mas said:
The 1.82 nerf wont stop insta killing, if a warlock sets his sights on you and unloads your dead which is what you cry about, the ideas ive posted are to stop you crying and bring them inline with other casters, but obviously you post crap about specs in other casters which noone specs.
Sod em let them cry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom