Trump defeated by wind

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
@Job you need to remember in voting in Trump, the Republicans (As in the voters) are shooting theirselves in the foot, since it'll scare off the more traditional Conservatives who aren't too phased about immigration and are scared by Trump, and will just result in Mrs Clinton getting an ez win gg.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Actually yes, support is running at 48%, with 80% for republicans...not most, but pretty well half...as for Europe the physical and virtual walls are allready up.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
All this "trump cant beat clinton" are forgetting bush vs gore - which was widely considered a similar race.
"Nobody would be dumb enough to vote for bush? Right."

Job

That figure is support for the wall.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Hilly vs Bernie isn't over yet as superdelegates can change their endorsement (and have). I don't think Clinton would be a horrible president, I just think Sanders would be better.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I like Sanders ideas but i think Hilary has better chance of actually implementing hers

Unless the Democrats can pull a triple whammy and get prez, Senate and congress its going to be a tough presidency for the winner

Same goes for republicans (how many days would Trump last before he gets impeached?)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
And despite the close run %ages Hilldog is way out in front of Bernie. It's over.

Disagree, they are tied on pledged delegates from the states so far 51-51, and bernie is ahead in the popular vote as well.
SC will go to clinton, and she'll win super tuesday, but after that the states favour bernie and he can fundraise better, it's probably 80/20 clinton but it isn't over.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Disagree, they are tied on pledged delegates from the states so far 51-51, and bernie is ahead in the popular vote as well.
SC will go to clinton, and she'll win super tuesday, but after that the states favour bernie and he can fundraise better, it's probably 80/20 clinton but it isn't over.
Minorities favour Hilldog.

Young people favour Bernie. Young people are less likely to vote. Superdelegates won't change unless there's a much bigger reason to go Bernie.

OK, maybe I could be wrong but I'd be willing to put a decent chunk of money on my not being.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its the same problem as the equally nuts Corbyn, anyone who supports him refuses to vote so he is fucked from the get go...thankfully.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Minorities favour Hilldog.

Young people favour Bernie. Young people are less likely to vote. Superdelegates won't change unless there's a much bigger reason to go Bernie.

OK, maybe I could be wrong but I'd be willing to put a decent chunk of money on my not being.

Bernie won the latino vote in nevada, he got crushed in the black vote, minorities are not all the same.

Annnd superdelegates don't matter.

If bernie has 20 more delegates, and 500k more popular vote ( he's up ~50k right now ), and the party superdelegates choose hilary, they will automatically lose the general by alienating every single bernie voter.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Bernie won the latino vote in nevada, he got crushed in the black vote, minorities are not all the same.

Annnd superdelegates don't matter.

If bernie has 20 more delegates, and 500k more popular vote ( he's up ~50k right now ), and the party superdelegates choose hilary, they will automatically lose the general by alienating every single bernie voter.
Seriously doubt Bernie supporters will vote for Trump out of spite :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I really want Mr. Drumpf to threaten him with a lawsuit, because Oliver really, really wants it to happen too.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Trump gonna wrap this show up tonight.

giphy.gif

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I just can't warm to Oliver, he just spouts of purile shite, then trys to build a case for whatever is the subject of the night and cherry picks a few questionable facts to back it up.
He's the same as Trump from the other side.
Except he's not running for President and claiming the Mexicans will pay for a big wall.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Out of interest, have you watched him before @Job before this video about Trump?

Seems to me you've got a soft spot for him.

Job

Watched just about every one, was better at first, but now goes for the cheap laugh at the expense of substance, everything is out of context, and if he can't find anything to nail on some official, he drags up some PC fuckup the guy has done at some time in his past.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Some people think the Tories are pure evil, but they're left of Hilary Clinton. American politics is so completely fucked up. People aren't voting for a president, they're voting for the companies who've bought that president. At least over here, we have strict rules on campaigns.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Watched just about every one, was better at first, but now goes for the cheap laugh at the expense of substance, everything is out of context, and if he can't find anything to nail on some official, he drags up some PC fuckup the guy has done at some time in his past.

Specifics? He was pretty substantive on Drumpf, he was very substantive on the American abortion laws thing last week and he was extremely detailed on why the Republicans were wrong on the Supreme Court nomination thing, which are all from the last few weeks. Not liking what he says isn't the same thing as saying it doesn't have substance, you have to refute that with actual examples.

The thing that amazes me most about Last Week Tonight is that Americans are prepared to watch a Brit say these things. That doesn't usually go down too well.

Job

Jeez, I can't remember evryone, but a few weeks ago he did a big expose on the state of America's infrastructure, all he actually came up with was one bridge that was labelled unsafe and was still allowed traffic over it, the rest of it was complete nonsense comparing bad bits of America with good bits of various third world countries.
It's the endless...'And this is the man who was filmed doing this'....cue clip of him totally out of context, calling some one a bitch.
Entertaining , but usually far from factual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom