Aldoran

Hi i find my rejuv enhance cleric boring i just stare at the grpwindow n heal

what i m wondering is is a smitecleric good

or does he suck bigtime?

with the nerf and all...

kind regards

G

Galiryn

it sux, but its the only fun part about clerics imho, :)

E

Ekydus

It scares the Hibbies and Middies shitless that's for sure.

K

Kirtaa

it dont scare the middis or hibbis , it scare the shit outta the albs tho, having a cleric who smite :p

B

Bellona

Originally posted by Kirtaa
it dont scare the middis or hibbis , it scare the shit outta the albs tho, having a cleric who smite :p

haha kirta tehfunneh :clap: :clap:

S

stinkie

make an assist macro for a caster and stun now and again. being stunned for 9 secs is much worse than being hit for 200 - 300dmg imo

O

old.LandShark

If smite clerics hit for 200-300 then they'd be going on for good :great:

K

kirennia

It isn't really worth it tbh m8. I spent my first million or so realm points as a smite cleric, aye they are good fun. It's nice to take out a couple of stealthers at a time for example but it's not really lasting. You need heavy RA's to be of any use which you wont have going from scratch.

Only extra things you get are the pbaoe mezz (nice shock mezz if no sorc in group but it wont last and will get you killed often), youve got the pbaoe smite which is nice for solo and uncovering stealthers, the damage add but you can get a better one if you go for 41rej, 35enh and the DD isn't a hell of a lot higher then the base one.

stun is NOT......I REPEAT NOT ON SMITE SPEC depite what people think. You will get the 9second stun even if you went 50rej or 50enh

A

Aule Valar

aoe smite!!, almost as pleasing the for enemy as thane hammers

F

fl_gorre

dont smite period .
imho
nukers without QC isnt a nuker class :p
keeping your grp alive is allrdy rewarding enuff
while you are casting a smite one of your grpmembers can easily get killed cuz you will cast your heal way to late

the stun is great thoo especially when you are with 2clerics in grp
only use it to help casters (or just any support class) when you see them getting in trouble cuz their QC is down and they cant pull of a root

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by stinkie
being stunned for 9 secs is much worse than being hit for 200 - 300dmg imo
Except that it's not a 9 sec stun for any full tank class...

Alithiel pretty much walks through any castable stun with barely a pause with AoM, Dertermination and resist buffs, and other realms main tanks will most likely be able to do the same.

So please don't try to stun tanks, let our shield tanks deal with them to get the maximum length of stun possible!... and the same goes for Minstrels! ;)

G

granny

Smite clerics are like wonderbras.

You see them and think "wow!" and it's not until you get them home and take the wrapping off that you realise you've been had :(

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Aldoran
Hi i find my rejuv enhance cleric boring i just stare at the grpwindow n heal

what i m wondering is is a smitecleric good

or does he suck bigtime?

with the nerf and all...

kind regards

smite clerik is good char n good fun

someone/most could say the ruther u to be rejuv enanch...

than u only have to heal n buf... mmm if is ur main char... thers nothing more boring to be only a healer/buffer...
smite is nice... also in pve

u get damage add, 9 sec mez , 30 sek aoe stun... pbaoe dd

n nice dd spell =) n u can do it keeping decent buf n both the instant heal...

if u have alt... n play in a fix rvr group than rejuv could be a choice..
but if is ur main n u have random group smite is better =)

Better Fun

enjoy

p.s.

n dont trust who says that ur damage is crap...
300/400 inst rlly bad on enemy, n on mob u can reac 500/600(talking bout yellow mob to a 50, but may vary depend from mob lvl n resist)

also no u have 3 sec cast time as real caster... yes no qc
but still Fun

A

Aldoran

hehe

finally a positive smitepost :)

and yes it is my main i just dont wanna be the "uber" gimp so checking

T

Tilda

Re: Re: to smite or not to smite?

Originally posted by Silenzio

u get damage add, 9 sec mez , 30 sek aoe stun... pbaoe dd

n nice dd spell =) n u can do it keeping decent buf n both the instant heal...

:ROFLMAO:
have you ever even looked at a charachter builder for a smite cleric?

L

legaoniel.old

Smite cleric

Smite cleric here - well, yeh it's fun but you can forget groups, damage on spirit weak mobs is cool - but not anything like a nuker, tbh. My primary reason for smite was as a money earner but now necros are with us the reason looks a little poor and I may consider a re-spec.

I would suggest if you're set on it to give it a whirl with the free respec coming in next patch and if it's not to your taste respec stones are pretty easily available these days..just don't expect a smite cleric to be oober, 'cos they ain't...

A

Arnor

TO SMITE!!111111111111111111111111!!!!!!111111111 BE UBAROMG!!! THE SMITE NERF WAS A CONSPIRACY MADE BY WUSS ALBS IN NEED OF HEALERS!!!!!

S

Silenzio

Re: Re: Re: to smite or not to smite?

Originally posted by Tilda
:ROFLMAO:
have you ever even looked at a charachter builder for a smite cleric?

yes since ive a smite clerik =)

44 21 23 =)
both instant a ndecent spec buff

so what?

M

MesS°

Originally posted by kirennia
It isn't really worth it tbh m8. I spent my first million or so realm points as a smite cleric, aye they are good fun. It's nice to take out a couple of stealthers at a time for example but it's not really lasting. You need heavy RA's to be of any use which you wont have going from scratch.

Only extra things you get are the pbaoe mezz (nice shock mezz if no sorc in group but it wont last and will get you killed often), youve got the pbaoe smite which is nice for solo and uncovering stealthers, the damage add but you can get a better one if you go for 41rej, 35enh and the DD isn't a hell of a lot higher then the base one.

I agree, been think about changing to smite my self but desided not to...
If smite was are more viable spec im sure we would see alot more Clerics around than we do atm...

Not counting the once at atk ofc...

T

Tilda

well I wish my cleric had an aoe stun and a 9 sec mes ;)

V

Vasconcelos

Re: Re: to smite or not to smite?

if u have alt... n play in a fix rvr group than rejuv could be a choice..

Smite cleric isnt a option with fix/balanced rvr groups.
Reju/Enhc is the ONLY option.

but if is ur main n u have random group smite is better =)

Aye, its allways funneh to run with another 4fgs albs n aoesmite amg :great:

w8..... it isn't :rolleyes:

A

acei

Originally posted by Tilda
well I wish my cleric had an aoe stun and a 9 sec mes ;)
lol i refuse to moan about healers, i duelled a level 50 healer a few days ago in Melee, he was down to 0HP before he'd even managed to hit me. Healers can cast CC great but if a cleric can kill one then anyone can :p

To the original poster:
Don't go smite, it's weak and if you use that AoE smite you're gonna give the sorcerors and minstrels a headache.

O

old.Prof

Well Silenzio I want to know in what kind of alternate universe you are playing ... at what is your RR actually ?

In PvE, smite cleric is nice (you don't need really high rejuv for PvE anyhow), but far from impressive

In RvR, smite cleric is a crime.

Your already short-ranged PBAoE mezz is on a 5 min timer, your AoE DD is only good to break mezz, your dmg add won't turn you into a good meleer anyhow, your PBAoE DD is underpowered and your spec DD to weak and far to slow to compete with nukers.

PS it's 9 sec STUN and a 30 sec MEZZ you're speaking off ...

M

Moody

Just a little warning if you go rvr with a cleric in groups tho. Your group members have absolutely no clue what you can and can't do 80% of the time.

You cannot heal when mezzed, you cannot heal when stunned. You cannot heal when under attack unless its a very slow 2H and you time well

You will get told to rezz when you have zero power.
Your group will run in 7 different directions and still expects you to be behind them.
Your group thinks you have 10 instas
Your group thinks BoF doesn't have a recast timer
And once in a while you will get instakilled, and the Armsman beating on a zerker will yell "WTF my buffs just dropped!!11!!1" and "Heal!!1!1"

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by old.Prof
Well Silenzio I want to know in what kind of alternate universe you are playing ... at what is your RR actually ?

In PvE, smite cleric is nice (you don't need really high rejuv for PvE anyhow), but far from impressive

In RvR, smite cleric is a crime.

Your already short-ranged PBAoE mezz is on a 5 min timer, your AoE DD is only good to break mezz, your dmg add won't turn you into a good meleer anyhow, your PBAoE DD is underpowered and your spec DD to weak and far to slow to compete with nukers.

PS it's 9 sec STUN and a 30 sec MEZZ you're speaking off ...

Albion/Excalibur ( sorry no rr =) i dont like to name my char in forum)

=) atm im mainly focused on my inf or my minstrel to play =)

but with the spec i've n some ra... my clerik heal bout 400hit per cast someone could say bad... to me is still good,
damage with 44 smite + 11+ rr is kinda nice such like +/-300hit

still have 2 instant... group n single... n they work rlly nice trust me,

who ever told ive to use aoe dd? maybe if im in df killing a camp ov grey =) rlly never tried in rvr...

my damage add give me bout 45 hit more per time...
not that wee id say... yess im not a tank that deal 300/600 damage per time... but could reach 90/100 per hit...( n noe have the fist enhanc damage add too :))

the point is not to compete with nukers, since a clerik is a support char... can support healing the damaged friend... stunngin n enemey n letting the other caster go... or smiting a someone to kill o help to kill...

pbaoe dd is good to meele someone or as support hit ... is just damage that u add... it goes for 100/200

yess 30 sec mez with short range... u say worthless?
well face this... ur group get mezzed n enemy tanks tart sworming on it... "purge" "Theopaty" n u have some time maybe wee but still time to heal unmez stun or nuke... think is a nice tool =)...

n btw this spec allow me to solo (mean 1vs1) well n haveing fun...

n since we are talking bout haveing fun... cant see what wrong in it... this guy is getting bored ov his spec... here my exprience with my clerik, my impression, n my fun.. not a Law.

one free respec is inc... repsec stones aren't hard to find... so let him try a diff way before boredom win...

bb have fun :spin:

p.s.
bout pve maybe not impressive... but i've nicely pl'ed lot ov char with a SmitY clerik :)

A

acei

My opinion on smite is, it was fun, i tried some out until level 40, i was able to solo but not very good, i wasn't very good to groups cause i'd had to sacrifice some of my rejuv and enhance. I respec'ed at 40 and now i'm 50 with a total of 41rejuv, 35enhance, 3smite (for the little mezz that occassionally comes in handy).

No matter what people say, if you must, you CAN solo. If a stealther jumps you you can win, same with most classes, once even managed to solo a zerker (don't ask how cause i dunno).

If your stats are capped, your resists high and you buffs good you can take more damage than a Paladin/Armsman at times. Also in PvE i can solo oranges, not tried a red yet but i think i'd need to use insta's for a red.

If you wanted to be a damage dealer than you should pick wizard or a tank, if you want to be a group assistant you chose the right class, but unlike most other group aid's you can solo no matter what other people say.

K

kirennia

damage with 44 smite + 11+ rr is kinda nice such like +/-300hit

still have 2 instant... group n single... n they work rlly nice trust me,

who ever told ive to use aoe dd? maybe if im in df killing a camp ov grey =) rlly never tried in rvr...

my damage add give me bout 45 hit more per time...
not that wee id say... yess im not a tank that deal 300/600 damage per time... but could reach 90/100 per hit...( n noe have the fist enhanc damage add too :))

the point is not to compete with nukers, since a clerik is a support char... can support healing the damaged friend... stunngin n enemey n letting the other caster go... or smiting a someone to kill o help to kill...

pbaoe dd is good to meele someone or as support hit ... is just damage that u add... it goes for 100/200

yess 30 sec mez with short range... u say worthless?
well face this... ur group get mezzed n enemy tanks tart sworming on it... "purge" "Theopaty" n u have some time maybe wee but still time to heal unmez stun or nuke... think is a nice tool =)...

After spending a million rp's as a smiter, I will say you will NEVER hit anyone from another realm who is lvl 50 and with more then 5% resists for 300 damage with the smite. Mostly the DD damage is around 200 or so and for a slow spell, that isn't great :/

The hitting for 100 a hit, well 176 is my absolute cap on hitting grey but again, in general RvR, i hit for around 80 yes, BUT with 41rej, 35enh, you will hit for the same anyways, so this isn't a point to base going smite on.

The pbaoes are very nice but very dangerous unless already forced into melee. They can be nice in different situations but can also leave you dead quite often.

But as he says, the point is to be a SUPPORT caster, not to compete with wizzies or anything.

And as some1else said, never stun a tank unless a caster of yours is in REAL trouble and no tanks are around, otherwise it's a waste (Tank slam duration doesnt get effected by determination)

Users who are viewing this thread