to Smite or not so smite....

H

Hit ^_^

1,52 is here anyday now. ive been planing to respec my cleric
to "full" enha for a while now cause of the majo nerf of the cleric
(both smite and mezz :\ )
well anyway i was trying my new specc on gorre today
(enha48 reju24 smite 7). and the buff were about what i had expect them to be. then one of my cleric friends who is the same lvl as me but only had eha35 buffs my and to my suprize hes buff were allmost as affctive as mine. str/con only diffed 4points and
dex/qui 12points. so now to my big quitesion.
how shall i specc if i want to have a cleric that is mainly a "buffer"
but not to crappy in rvr/pve ?
ive been thinking of enha40 reju36 smite 4.
is this a good spec? i want to get 100% cap on the buffs and i think i can make that on this spec but im not sure.
anyone have any ideas?

(sorry for all bad spelling and lousy gramar hope you understand what im trying to say)

T

Tiarta

spec like this

40 Enhancement - ooooooo - dont we like buffs :clap: - at 40 u get the Agility of the Archangel (Dex and Quick buff)

35 Rejuvanation - at 35 u have both 2'nd best instant heals - dont do 36 reju, u only get a CRAPPY group heal

9 Smite - u get crappy instant mezz and crappy melee buff - but smiteline gets nerfed anyway - take it to 9 might aswell get the extra melee buff and with the timer on instant mezz dont take it higher

p.s. u can still deal damage with baseline smite, shorter casttime so bigger chance not being interrupted too, and Dexterity buffs make u cast faster too (i think it applys for cleric too)

Best regards

F

Flimgoblin

group heals are superb in RvR... but costly in mana I suppose

Myself my cleric is going 39 smite 36 rejuv ;) but I'm weird :)

As you like enhance, the above spec seems not too shabby... you could go for the one Tiarta suggests, or a more balanced one

(maybe enhance 30, rejuv 35, smite 27, but I'll let the experts debate that :))

K

Khalen

I think I go 40 rejuv, 36 enh and rest smite.

Y

-yoda-

your buffs rock judas :) when u buffed my armsman "lvl42" i dueled a yellow con spear hero and kiled him in 3-4 hits "im ss not a polearm" so i was v happy :) still did well vs spearos when unbuffed buff thats ot :)

E

Exinferis

Enhance 42 is needed!!!!!!1324 :p

my ubardots will do loads of damage with that buff :D

A

Ambulance

Rejuv Spec

Ok tested 46 rejuv 27 enhance 8 smite with +10 to all specs on gorre and to be honest cant see why anyone would go past 41 rejuv for the second best heal "Greater Refection" which was good i must admit, as being able to heal for 706 and at that range in 2 seconds was unbelievable, In real terms breaks down in the amount of casts to fully heal an induvidual to about 1 heal for a caster and rogue (3/4 life on some infils) and 2 heals to heal a tank.

Testing the group heal which is being raved about on US boards was totally different, heals for 400 and 3 sec cast time with no LoS, but costs half your mana in 2 heals(btw im capped 207 peity) so to be honest even with my serenity3 and MCL 2 thats alot of mana to be wasting in a fight and IMO would increase the downtime way too much in RvR skirmishing, asking a group to stop so you can rest in Emain/Odins would just increase the risk of getting ganked by Hibs/Mids.The second best group heal "heavens Blessing" can still get you nearly 300 per heal for alot less mana and would easy be able to control a group getting slapped.

27 Enhance was nice for me as i usually only have 16 normally and the 8 smite was useable still, just had to use more stuns to keep em still while i let loose with the 170-200 uber damage lol not!! btw with the smite how many of you smiters noticed a huge diference with the damage ? i know a few tested against mobs and found some were taking more damage than before(advisors to be specific).

Well thats my 2c worth, i only posted just to let any who were under the same impression as i was about group heal and who were gonna make the spec above. to be honest ill prob stay 41 rejuv and go 34 enhance and 8 smite. yes the 8 smite sucks and is only there for the 11 second mezz,which with resists and 5 minute timer is probablly not even gonna be on my first quickbar anymore.

B

bob007

I'll be going 39 rejuv 37 enhance rest smite, I've played around with few ideas an this is my end result. testing it gorre was harder with all dueling, But 16% resists buffs Nice set of conc buffs an all my heals i had before. 40 rejuv would give me 100% res, but as i've never had it anyway I won't miss it. Also i believe later on in next patch or after higher rejuv uses less power per base spell or something :) (to many patch notes).

Well heres hoping my cleric don't go rustly an me blind with all them colours :)

D

[DK]hakke

Was checking catacombs before and this is how i will specc, i think i why too..

41reju (for last minor heal)
35 enhance (for 2nd best str/con)
3 smite (for uber-nerfed pbae-mess)

F

feldeshadowbane

How does this spec sounds to you guys?:

40 enhance (I want the 16% energy resist and 2:nd best dex/qui buff)
35 rejuve (2:nd best group insta)
9 smite (no plan here really)

<Edit> - Oops, just read the other posts again and realized that this spec has already been discussed *slaps himself in the face*. Sorry, don't mind this post

D

Danamyr

Some interesting thoughts there guys.

Plenty of ideas for my Cleric!

He's only Lvl 30 at the moment, but I'm going to respec him to full rejuv, and then rest in enhance. Probably end up with the 41-35-3 spec as mentioned above ;)

B

bf_kate

I think I might be going:
41R
27E
22S

or

42R
27E
18S

I've always liked high rejuv, and I think the 41 spec heal is too good to miss. At 42 you get a full single target insta, but I don't think it's worth it. As everyone else is speccing high enhan, I will let you all be the bots and I will do yellow ones :p

A

Andrew McConner

My Spec

Tested out, 41 Rejuv, 35 Enhance on Gorre....
Nice buffs, Awesome healing, but 0 Defence.

If I do spec this way... then I should be very effective in RvR (Just with big heals rather than damage), But, I will completely useless if attacked..... after re-spec dualed several druids/shaman's/healers and got Severely owned. Loss of my smite spec damage add hurt more than I thought. Just gotta spam The Wizzy/Theurge for EB now like every1 else.

Now I just got to find a good RvR team that protects it's casters :)

S

'Shy

I'm going max smite!!!

I created a smite cleric especially for the patch. She's only level 12 so far but I'm looking forward to being a gimp with great anticipation :)

F

Flimgoblin

hey, that was my plan too!

cept I'm going 39 smite 36 rejuv... and it's on my 2nd account...

anyone sensible would have a buffbot :) but not I! never!

(actually 43 smite is still pretty mean this patch)

H

Hit ^_^

pbaoe mezz neft was even worse then smite nerf :\
5min cast time!!!

btw enha35 and enha48 did only diff 4points when buffed whit
both str/con buffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom