smite clerics

O

old.Demerzel

you are up for a nerf, but if you feel like having someone to talk to, come to me for love and male bonding :D

what?!?

O

old.Kerosene

Yup. Yer for it.

But never mind.. happens to all of us :)

btw.. I was looking over all the servers. Albion are doing seriously poorly on them now. If the servers had equal numbers, we'd be battered all over the place :(

I'm looking forward to patch 1.67 when theurgs get charm, 32 min AoE mez with 4000 range and go faster stripes.

P

Pickles14113

I think smite will still be good though,Scouts got nerfed,but ppl still do them,I wonder how many ppl will still do a full smite cleric ?!?!?!

Z

zlair

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
I'm looking forward to patch 1.67 when theurgs get charm, 32 min AoE mez with 4000 range and go faster stripes.

ROFL !

O

old.Wildfire

If you want to be able to solo PvE, fine, smite all you like
If you want to be a useful, desired group member in RvR, /respec is your friend!

D

drunkard

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
If you want to be able to solo PvE, fine, smite all you like
If you want to be a useful, desired group member in RvR, /respec is your friend!

Why be a cleric unless you want to be a support class, smite should have been nerfed a long time ago. If you wanna hit hard be a fire wizzy or something.

D

[DK]hakke

Originally posted by drunkard

Why be a cleric unless you want to be a support class, smite should have been nerfed a long time ago. If you wanna hit hard be a fire wizzy or something.

yep

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by drunkard

WTF has it got to do with you whether people want to spec a specfic line or not?

Your attitude stinks, and is representative of the bullsh*t pressure within Albion to play characters in a specfic way.

He pays the same money everyone else does, and he should be able to spec and play his character how he likes without arseholes like you moaning on at him.

The fact that 'you' and the other self entitled Albion elite think that Support class characters should do nothing else need to give your heads a shake.

Smite was never as powerful as it was made out to be, and it should not be nerfed at all - in fact the opposite IMO. Mythic have already nerfed Smite and put the insta mez/stun on a frickin' stoopid 10 year recast timer. It's about time they re-thought what they've done, and start showing Clerics some love before there are none left at all.

The argument that you should be a wizzy if you want to nuke is utter bullsh*t. Mythic should put Smite back to it's pre-nerf level and bloody well leave it alone.

If you disagree with anything I've said then tough sh*t - blow me...I've had my say and that's all there is to it.

S

starsnuffer

Starsnuffer

Cant agree more Smite=crap

In NO rpg a cleric counts as a pwr caster, They are a heal support class just like shamans etc so stop the whining.

D

dakeyras

Re: Starsnuffer

Originally posted by starsnuffer
In NO rpg a cleric counts as a pwr caster

ROFLMAO

Ain't a very experienced gamer then are you....

How many you played?

O

old.LandShark

A Smite cleric is one who hasn't realised that he can have under 40 smite spec and still utterly rape a wide variety of classes or pairs of classes, solo...
48smite is a waste of a character. I'm not telling you how to play, I'm telling you that the amount of enhance or rejuv you lose just isn't worth it. Only cloth casters should spec a magic line that high - they get the damage output out of it.
Anyhow, will be nice when they all respec to 43smite and higher enhance.
Or they could all be silly quitters and reroll/cancel ^^

O

old.Demerzel

Well this is gonna have an huge inpact on albion.
The number of people who will settle for healing buffing wont be big.
Beware of the flood of buffbotted infis that will zerg about in a couple of months.

D

drunkard

Originally posted by Danamyr

WTF has it got to do with you whether people want to spec a specfic line or not?

Your attitude stinks, and is representative of the bullsh*t pressure within Albion to play characters in a specfic way.

He pays the same money everyone else does, and he should be able to spec and play his character how he likes without arseholes like you moaning on at him.

The fact that 'you' and the other self entitled Albion elite think that Support class characters should do nothing else need to give your heads a shake.

Smite was never as powerful as it was made out to be, and it should not be nerfed at all - in fact the opposite IMO. Mythic have already nerfed Smite and put the insta mez/stun on a frickin' stoopid 10 year recast timer. It's about time they re-thought what they've done, and start showing Clerics some love before there are none left at all.

The argument that you should be a wizzy if you want to nuke is utter bullsh*t. Mythic should put Smite back to it's pre-nerf level and bloody well leave it alone.

If you disagree with anything I've said then tough sh*t - blow me...I've had my say and that's all there is to it.

I wasn't suggesting that people shouldn't do it, I was just questioning the logic behind it. Of course people can spec however they please, I can't wait to get xbow to 50 ;)

O

old.Wildfire

_IF_ you want to be able to solo PvE, fine, smite all you like
_IF_ you want to be a useful, desired group member in RvR, /respec is your friend!
_IF_ you just want to flame FC, and/or people who take RvR more seriously than the average whoopee cushion, fk off and lvl your smite cleric/multi-spec wizard/xbow-thrust-shield-slash-crush armsman/buffbot infil alt, then go and kill mobs for as long as you please, away from those of us that care. Don't waste valuable BW webspace with your insults.

C

ChillyDawg

il tell you what chaps, Rejuv sucks. Crap range, and not very good at that. If i were a-healing away in a battle and someone put a pet on me, currently id mez it walk back and heal some more then own the pet, but after nerf, i can neither mez (cos il have used already in the last 9 hours) and even if i could mez it i woulndt be able to bloody own it cos my smite if fuct, it will do 200 dmg a shot and the pet will giggle and bash the shit into me and stop my grp getting heals and thus they all die cso of one crappy pet. That imho is not particularly well balanced.

Most of what i say has been brought up by the cleric TL in the states where theyr already nerfed and have been nerfed for a while and so thy know its crap. Why should i wear chain armour if i cant defend myself? sure, it stops 50% more grunt that lether but its useless if i cant back it up with a decent defesive ability, after all if i die, the rest of my grp die.
Granted that currently if a cleric is 45 smite he is pretty much a chain wearing, self healing, uber wizard with a 4 sec nuke, but i dont know any clerics who are full smite cos they know itd render them useless in a team, i am 35 smite and it bloody owns, i can out damage most mellee styles that tanks do with it on a yellow/orange con and it looks plain sexy 8D

Anyway...il go and pl my stealther now.

T

Tigerius

Amen for that Landshark. So true.

As for Wildfire, FO. I play a char in a way I find amusing, it IS a support char but the best way to support is far from always just healing. RvR is balanced so that it's far easier doing damage than it is to heal it, that a properly placed Stun will have far more benefit than chain-healing to prevent the damage the stunned person would otherwise do AND so that killing a target will totally prevent his ability to do damage. (yes it's true). There is no 1 way miracle solution, different situations are best resolved in different ways and being able to act respondingly is great.

Secondly everyone likes a full support class when they want one, but when they don't need it there are no problems forgetting about em.

Chilly is pretty accurate too.

Oh and yes, wtf kinda RPGs are you high on to say that Clerics are SOLELY support/healing?

If I wanted to be someone elses bitch /respec would be my friend, I'm not.

J

Jiggs

i quite enjoy popping a few heals off, it really frustrates those dumb trolls:p

They are increasing the range of heals and try using group heals: you dont even need Line of Sight for them :)

i mean when you are melee something and you see s/he is being healed its really annoying, no one is supposed to heal RvR hehe :)

S

starsnuffer

Starsnuffer

To the idiot up who said

rolfmao how many games you played...

Name me 1 simple fucking game where a cleric is a powerful caster pls...And dont give me fucking DIablo

/

O

old.Wildfire

I guess views on smite clerics are varied then, but if stun is the only argument that there is to support smite clerics being valuable in RvR (cos lets face it, their smite aint), then I'd rather take a sword+board armsman for slam. If a cleric is smiting away instead of healing my group when we need it (which is 90% of engagements), they wont be in it very long. Call me whatever you like for that, you have NO IDEA how annoying it is to be needing heals, and not to be able to get them because your cleric is smite-specced. We have difficulty enough in this realm to fit the right characteristics into a group, without a healer that cant/wont heal.

Best clerics I know are Noret and Kate. People should take lessons from them because they have an insane ability to keep their groups alive in combat.

H

Hit ^_^

1,52=reju1 smite50 rest in enha.
or enha48 reju25 smite6 and never leave apk.

B

bf_kate

1. Healing isn't gimped in RvR and it is about to get better. You just have to play smart. Hang at the back, don't get mezzed/stunned. Use your stun! A stun is often worth 2-3 heals.
2. Stun is NOT in the smite spec line. Speccing smite does not do anything for stun afaik.
3. I have seen a few good smite (I say smite but they weren't 48/50 smite) clerics in rvr, but the majority just seem to go into smite mode and can't see the health bars. This is a problem with other classes too though. Tanks attacking mezzed tanks first for example. Face it, people just see red when they get into a battle. You have to learn to control the urge to kill :p I haven't totally mastered this.
4. Clerics are getting totally fucked with the mez nerf (on top of the smite nerf), and it's thanks to albs whining, so go ahead whine about infils all you want - get your own realm nerfed some more.

Y

-yoda-

most of you still seem to ignore what most people are saying . if people want to play smite cleric let them do so . who are you to tell them to play otherwise? i aint saying clerics shouldnt heal "they should" but to try tell them they should just sit back and heal your ass over and over imo is very boring thought.

if clerics were purely support class why did mythic give them smite? they gave them smite so people could CHOOSE wether to be a smiter or a healer .

imo 75% of chars in albion can be RE-SPECC'D to make them more usefull to our realm . but they dont get grief .
main peeps who get it are theurgs if they not got pbt "many theurgs dont" or clerics that go smite , people imo play smiters because they dont wanna be the lightwieght wizzy who nukes hard but dies in 1-2 hits. clerics can smite pretty hard and can last longer than any caster once the enemy gets in close contact. thats why peeps play smiters instead of wizzys ,

@wildfire sorry but you sir are a dickhead :) your starting to become one of those "im teh Ubah and u all sook cos u not as good as me" sort of people "you used to be pretty cool". you seem to be getting the sort of attitude most people hate .... not because we are jelous of the way you play . or the guild your in , or the amount of rp's u got . but just because you got the im ubah elitist attitude , maybe you should stop telling people what to do and let them play the game how they want to .

you AINT no better than anybody else . we are all playing a GAME and being more succesfull in a game doesnt enable you to cast judgements on what people are "calling them noobs" and how to play they class THEY choose to make . if you pay there subs then by all means tell them how to play but untill then stfu and keep ya dumb elitist opinions to yourself :)

O

old.ghengis

in beta i was a timid healer.
my friend showed me smite and that was my chosen path in retail.
i enjoy smiting mobs.
i rarely RvR.
i am not about to become someones health bot.
my character
my money
my choice in how to play my character.
if anyone doesnt like it...dont group with me.
see if i give a damn.

T

Tigerius

Kate: By saying heals are gimped in RvR it's not really the same thing as to say they are useless and never work. However they are gimped in the sense that it takes alot more effort (power and time) to heal than to hurt. Generally speaking. Add line of sight, fairly limited range and interrupts and yes a Cleric really has to play well to succed at it. Stuns are of course avaliable to Rejuv as well as Smite clerics but their usage varies and is limited by range. A rejuv Cleric would mostly be stunning oncoming tanks whereas a smite Cleric would be breaking mez with stun for others to gank (and usually throws in a few DDs to speed up and point out this).

Wildfire: Again as must be pointed out, a Cleric mustn't be a healer but rather a class that can heal. Healing isn't always the most effective approach. I many times find myself stopping heals when I see a bloody unengaged RM stand and nuke happily, as I really do believe first stunning but then also taking him down in 10-12 seconds is worthwhile. Annoying to not get a heal when you want it? Sure, but it really depends on how narrow minded you are. You've already proven quite alot in that area by making the blanket statement that their DDs can't be useful. And just to point out, it's always annoying when others don't do things they way you want in RvR, but only with hindsight and sometimes not even that can you tell that they chose the wrong course of action. I could go tell you Wizards to never break mez without my Stun first, but such a blanket statement wouldn't always hold true so I will leave it up to you to think and choose for yourself.

O

old.Wildfire

Before I start I'd just like to point out that this isn't a flame post, but I do need to air my thoughts, and this may well conflict with others' opinions.

"I many times find myself stopping heals when I see a bloody unengaged RM stand and nuke happily, as I really do believe first stunning but then also taking him down in 10-12 seconds is worthwhile."

solution : use base smite, interrupt him. Stun is also baseline.

Am I not allowed my opinion any more? People have told me quite bluntly that I'm shit many times, that I should do things differently. Am I saying that to you? no... Have I called anyone a dickhead? no... I'm simply expressing my opinion, which is what these forums are for. I don't insult people, so why are you insulting me?

I've already said that I won't try to lead in future in RvR (so those of you that ask me to, ask me about cgs, ask me whats going on, will have to stop). I will send people to yoda who knows best.

I speak from MY experiences. MY experiences have involved smite clerics only killing people when they have already been low on health. MY experiences have involved me dying loads when I have a smite cleric in my group, because their heals are so small that they can't keep me (and/or other casters) alive. MY experiences tell me that in order to enjoy yourself in RvR, you must stay alive. MY experiences tell me that the best way to stay alive is to have a cleric in the group, and if that cleric is unable to do the job, I won't want them in my group, I'll want someone who's rejuv specced.

Lets look at body cabalists shall we... they are a nuking spec, which can also do a small health transfer. In essence they are the polar opposite of a smite cleric. Over time people have realised that their health transfers don't do enough to be worthwhile in a group, and that as far as nukers go, wizards just do it better. People have also seen the cabalist's matter spec, with its AE DoT, nearsight e.t.c. which no other class in albion can provide without making it useless all other fields - much like a rejuv/enh cleric and its healing abilities. Many people (call it 80%) are respeccing their cabalists to matter to be of more use in RvR (do they get RPs for nearsighting? hell no, but it helps their realm-mates). Those that choose body spec will tell you how frustrating it is for people to prefer wizards in groups, and yes I am sympathetic, but they will also tell you that they understand why there is a bias, and that they're annoyed that their spec is "gimped". If they stay with body spec, and choose to live with this bias, fair enough, it's their choice.

The fact is that no class in albion can heal like a rejuv/enh cleric. We struggle to fit the right characteristics into an 8-man group as it is, and to survive in RvR where fights can last between 10 and 60 seconds, a group's success pretty-much requires speed for maneuverability. Tanks for longevity, to interrupt casters and for minor crowd control. A sorcerer or air-theurg for crowd control (don't need to explain this one really), and a healer to repair the damage that will INEVITABLY be done by a half-awake group of opponents. I will admit that my own class is surplus to these requirements, as are smite clerics. Wizards and other high-damage casters can make a fight far easier to win, but smite clerics cannot offer this same luxury as their damage isn't nearly comparable.

All those words above are why I feel smite clerics are an inefficient use of a group space. Flame me if you will.

D

daphatfriar

Agree entirely WF :)

As a Friar I will downtime heal after a fight but as Friars have no range attack in a keep taking/defending situation I will heal.

True may be as well to take yellow casters down as a cleric but 9 - 10 seconds is very slow to kill a caster (2 hits in less than 5 seconds from a Friar does the trick :) In an organised group the casters should be 1st casualties ergo the cleric *should* be able to heal with eyes watching the quick bar. This doesnt always ring true but group instas are among the best ways to win a fight that seems lost :)

O

old.Wildfire

Ah now that you've reminded me... what happened the first time I invited a friar into a group and informed him that he was main healer? I was laughed at. Since then I've learned that friars r0x0r in melee, and leave the healing to clerics. If they spec rejuv, they're better of just making a cleric, who can heal better, and fight just as well, because they become poor tanks (I knew nothing of friars when I made mine a long time ago, gave him rejuv spec and was unable to solo blues).

D

Danamyr

Well it's obvious that some of you are too entrenched in your own opinions.

All I'll say is that if you do not have a Cleric, then please STFU. I am sick to death of reading people slagging us off.

Perhaps if everyone with a Cleric and a similar attitude to myself just didn't bother logging in for a week, then you lot might change your attitude.

To be honest, I'm feeling pretty f*cking unappreciated right now - as I am sure are others.

Unless things change, then don't ever bother asking me for buffs, rezzes or heals because you'll get nothing. That's not a loss for me - that's a loss to the Realm.

Change your attitudes guys - and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread