To respec or not

W

wildpt

Its a fact, parry & block is working fine in 1.62...

So polearms/2h users what u going to do? respec back to s/s?

I wont respec cos i dont wanna go back to crap 1h damage again, i still think that an armsman should be offensive and let pala's do the defense, but its just my opinion.

Im just curious to know what our offensive arms will do on day 1 of patch 1.62 :)

Q

quinthar

I'll see how it goes for me, I've been waiting a long time for block/parry to be sorted, be nice if it is now...

S

Stormm

bloody right - hopefully ill see a benefit of 42 + 15 in sheild in rvr... block like a sink plug on steroids in pve :eek:

P

Powahhh

Originally posted by wildpt

I wont respec cos i dont wanna go back to crap 1h damage again, i still think that an armsman should be offensive and let pala's do the defense, but its just my opinion.

Im just curious to know what our offensive arms will do on day 1 of patch 1.62 :)

i think i am gonna respec to pole! :p lol
personaly i am gonna keep the s/s spec and if things are really good i am not gonna use the respec...if it is the same bullocks then i am gonna mae a pole [or hybrid dunno yet]

K

Kagato.

Full offensive, keeping my spec exactly the same, 50/50/28.

B

Bellona

Originally posted by Stormm
block like a sink plug on steroids in pve :eek:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You make me laugh so badly.. im hurt in the stomach :D

W

wildpt

Originally posted by Kagato.
Full offensive, keeping my spec exactly the same, 50/50/28.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

2 now to give enemy casters a hard time :)

Hope 1.62 its not the ending of All Offensive pole/2h thou will see more and more s/s and hybrid specs.

F

-frostor-

make that 3

4days ago i found out i still had a respec left :rolleyes:
so i respecced to 50pole 39thrust 42shield rest parry

doing cap dmg with backstyle on caster :x

O

old.shotgunstow

To respec or not...
Current spec:
40 rejuv
26 enhance
25 smite
1 point remaining!!

PLanned respec:
41 rejuv
30 enhance
18 smite
0 points remaining woot !! :D

Y

yurka_polearm

im gunna keep with 50/50/28

though if i were to respec it would be 50/42/39.

Couple days ago i actually beat a sb who was 2/3 his life and wasnt stealthed. I parried about 6 times :DDD.

But if shield is gunna be decent and with MoB you might be able to take on a zerker (/me getting hopes up). And just go for the long fight and hopefully block and parrying him. Then slamming and using the uber 50 dmg combo on him with polearm.

A

Aybabtu

Im not gonna try and get a respec stone for Cupid so my spec after 1.62 for Cupid will be 50pole 40Slash/parry..... best i can do :)

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by wildpt

Well I respecced a few weeks back from pure s/s to 2H hybrid (50/42/39) - and even with the fix in 1.62 I dont regret it. Now I can still do the defensive role if needed, but can also go offense and not just be a nuisance to enemy casters - its nice to actually be able to kill them quickly now :p . Maybe because I had played s/s for more than a year I was just bored with it - but I would recommend this spec to anyone if they want variety and versatility as an armsman :)

D

Draylor

Respeccing out of slam as quickly as possible.

P

pilia

With that fix coming up i think the hybrid spec will be kinda gimpy :/

Either s/s for max defence,or max pole main dmg for the the frontloader.

The hybrid type will be left with minimal defence and mediocore dmg im afraid :/

V

vindicat0r

I wll prob respec to full 2h/pole as being a hybrid arms is teh ghey and why be s/s with pally's about ?

Kind of leaving arms little option, its just pbt sucks so much. if your not in a grp using /assist u may as well sit down and go afk.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by pilia
With that fix coming up i think the hybrid spec will be kinda gimpy :/

Either s/s for max defence,or max pole main dmg for the the frontloader.

The hybrid type will be left with minimal defence and mediocore dmg im afraid :/

Na not from what I've found after respeccing. 50 2h + 11 items/rr gives decent max damage, 39 + 5 rr slash (more if I could be arsed to tinker with sc) gives decent minimum damage, then 42 + 13 rr/sc shield (and could add some MoB onto that) means that when defensive I'm blocking as well as any one. Parry is 7 + 9 + mop2, which gives basic chance to parry of 20%, though in truth parry really doesn't make much difference in rvr. So in my experience respeccing from pure s/s to the hybrid certainly doesnt seem to have made my char into a gimp - and I see no reason why it will be any different after 1.62. I have more versatility now than I ever had before, and well able to perform any role thats needed. And there is something very satisfying about getting a quick slam off as the enemy caster tries to flee before taking him down in 3 hits with the 2H :)

D

drunkard

I'm gonna wait and see how it goes first. Hybrid atm (44 pole, 42 shield, 39 slash, 27 parry). Dont want to lose the versitility but if I start feeling gimped then might have to make changes.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by drunkard
I'm gonna wait and see how it goes first. Hybrid atm (44 pole, 42 shield, 39 slash, 27 parry). Dont want to lose the versitility but if I start feeling gimped then might have to make changes.

If you stay hybrid might want to look at that 44 pole and take it up to 50. Not just for the increase in max damage, but also because you will increase weaponskill which impacts on how you do against evade/parry/block. There have been a number of logs on us boards showing how a lower weaponskill is evaded/parried/blocked significantly more. Just a thought :)

Read this particular log for more detail

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=51233777&replies=15

D

drunkard

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
If you stay hybrid might want to look at that 44 pole and take it up to 50. Not just for the increase in max damage, but also because you will increase weaponskill which impacts on how you do against evade/parry/block.

Exactly what I've been thinking. I'm not that worried about missing out on aegis, and with +15 pole I dont think the damage difference would be that much (hit an sb today for about 530 with crippling blow), but if block and parry get fixed and I start missing hits then maybe the extra weapon skill would be worth it.

Although saying that then I'd basically lose my parry completely which atm is over 40 (... and with mop) is fantastic in 1 on 1's. But then again in real grp rvr parry is irrelevent anyway, whether they fix it or not, in which case I guess either pure pole or 50/39/42 would be better even if the damage difference isn't that much.

In truth I generally go s/s in rvr, unless in a really tank heavy grp, so I guess that landing slam and having a very high block rate (for guarding) is probably the most grp useful spec.... but then we get back to the gimped palla.

Damn, now I've confused myself again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom