The Muamba tweets

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Having just seen a picture which claims to be a screenshot of what he said on Twitter I think I can safely say the guy is a cunt but to send him to prison for 56 days is taking the piss. Sure there used to be a time where we dealt with people like this by simply realising what sort of twat they were and letting society judge them, don't see why we needed to get the police/courts involved.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, what exactly did he say then?

Or has this legislative attitude made you scared to write it on a forum when we're discussing the subject?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
How come you're not in prison then?

Because he hasn't committed the crime of inciting racial hatred.

You don't get it do you? IT'S A CRIME. CRIMES CARRY PUNISHMENTS. Your hyperbolic treatment of the event is hilariously blinkered "one of the worst crimes in the UK"? Really? 56 days, probably out in one month for ONE OF THE WORST CRIMES YOU CAN COMMIT?

Or is it simply a reactive punishment that fits within the scope of the law being used in a high profile case to act as a deterrent? Nah mate. Of course not.

They're doing exactly the same thing for the London rioters - they're getting long sentences to act as a public notice saying "this shit isn't acceptable."

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
How come you're not in prison then?

"Life ruined". Yep. For a pissed up racist twitter post. Oh noes! Crime of the century. Certainly worth ruining a young university student's life, restricting the jobs he'll be able to get to low paid shite for the rest of his life and all the misery that goes with it.

Writing something on the internet that some people may take offence at is now officially one of the worst crimes in the UK.

I have actually seen less time given for assault.

Why would anyone want to employ such a horrible little arsehole? At least it saves the employer time in the long run.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Not forgetting that after he started getting heat for his comments he claimed:

1) It wasn't him, it was a "friend"
2) He was drunk
3) He was "hacked" - IIRC, might be wrong on this one.

So he's not just a prick, he's a lying scumbag that'll do anything to try and cover his back - he knew exactly what he was doing and how wrong it was, otherwise why try and defend it with such baseless defences?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Really? 56 days, probably out in one month for ONE OF THE WORST CRIMES YOU CAN COMMIT?

Really? Internet trolling is one of the worst crimes you can commit?

Edit: Ah, see where you're coming from. You're being overly literal and pedantic in an attempt to support your argument again. But wtf eh? It's not a crime IMO.

Maybe your right. I read those comments and I have become suddently racist and feel the need to go out and kick some niggers face in. Maybe some paki's too eh? They all smell anyway. And what about the japs? Slanty eyed bastards. I'm going to go get me a gun and find me a jew.

Oh noes! I've been "incited". I've read the comments of a drunken internet fucktard and I'm off to commit some hate-crime!

Sod off. It's a fucking joke. A disgrace. Yep, the guys a cunt, but no more a cunt than the child who kept telling me that a nigger was fucking my mother in the ass on Tribes last night.

Maybe I should have reported him? Oh noes! Someone said the coon word! Hate Crime!

It's a joke of a law. It shouldn't be on the statute books. It makes a mockery of our country and our claims that we have freedom of speech. It's authoritarian and the very dictionary definition of facism. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

But I'll defend to the death your right to be that incredibly wrong :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
It isn't acceptable and the sentence makes it clear that it includes popular online communication services as well.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I think the judge needs a refresher course on impartiality, in the history of mob justice sentencing, that was up there with burning witches.
I can only hope Muamba publically forgives him, now he is some fuking god for being famous and nearly dying, it's the least he could do after we saved his life.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So inciting racial hatred is a stupid law?

What about racial discrimination? Should employers be allowed to ignore jobs from racial groups based on race? It doesn't make sense to have one law and not the other. We either live in a society where you can discriminate (in whatever form) against races, or we can't at all.

While it's obvious we disagree on a lot of aspects here, you can't surely think it's ok to discriminate against people in terms of gaining employment? Because if you do think that's unacceptable (and I sincerely hope/trust you do feel that way), how can it be acceptable to have a law where you can't discriminate against them professionally based on their person, but you can publicly discriminate against their person based on race? If we have one it makes sense we have the other. If you think inciting racial hatred shouldn't be punishable then surely discriminating against them in terms of the workplace and other parts of society should equally be legal, since they're both about personal freedoms? I don't see how you can have a society where one doesn't support the other.

Job

with bit of hindsight, when he was arrested and they ask you what ethnic class you think you are , he should have answered 'black caribbean'...case dismissed.

soze

I am a FH squatter
This is silly if it is ok to go around saying what you when then its ok for people to react however they want? Should a group of Nazi's be allowed to stand outside a Synagogue shouting whatever they want as long as they don't touch anyone? This guy was a mug and got caught end of.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
This is silly if it is ok to go around saying what you when then its ok for people to react however they want? Should a group of Nazi's be allowed to stand outside a Synagogue shouting whatever they want as long as they don't touch anyone? This guy was a mug and got caught end of.

This is the point ^^

Some people seem to think he's being charged for what amounts to a thought crime, inciting racial hatred is typically what you've just described, the blurred part comes when trying to define Twitter. The general consensus is due to the amount of people you're tweeting to, especially when hastags are used, it's comparible to standing in a public place spouting hatred.

It's a joke of a law. It shouldn't be on the statute books. It makes a mockery of our country and our claims that we have freedom of speech. It's authoritarian and the very dictionary definition of facism. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

It's not just our country, it's pretty universal.

Job

I don't even see how he was inciting racial hatred!
He didn't ask anyone else to agree with him, or make a call for people to hate anyone,
it was simple bigotry against africans, pretty tired stuff.
Used the term wogs and told them to go pick cotton, I mean really, it's playground stuff
and no worse than every identifiable group gets on a daily basis.
Gervias was tweeting about mongs, he wasn't accused of stirring hatred against people with downs syndrome...oh hang on he was, but they don't matter for some reason.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The big difference in that hugely irrelevant point was that he was arguing mong generally doesn't mean disabled anymore, it just means idiot.

Wog only means one thing. It hasn't changed or evolved at all. It still carries the same hate it always has done.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He was Inciting me!

I'm joining the Klan! Who's with me!!

Not you tho Waz. You're too much of a wog.

SHIT! Hate crime!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Scouse is now the Thot of any post made about the evil establishment that runs this country.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
56 days in jail for being a prick on a social networking site? fair enough what he said was way off the mark but fucking 56 days for that? when murderers and rapists are getting suspended sentences left right and center? this country is fucking backwards really, only in the UK can you jail someone for being a total prick but get let off for killing people.

Job

So the scumbags who shot and paralysed that little girl were out on bail and he gets 56 days for tweeting wog.
I'm off to join the Daily Mail members club.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So then. Are we going to denounce Israel for their abhorrent use of twitter about dead people, that they actually killed and are now bragging about?:

_64161921_idfaljabarieliminatedposter.jpg

? :)

opticle

Part of the furniture
So then. Are we going to denounce Israel for their abhorrent use of twitter about dead people, that they actually killed and are now bragging about?:

? :)

We should have probably denounced Israel by now anyway :rolleyes:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Its crass; but in some ways the youth of a country coming out, under no obligation, to defend their country is inspiring.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
denounce? well that is for a person themselves to decide.
But abhorrent use of twitter I would say no.
more the comments from hamas and the response on that are against the twitter coc.

A better comparison would be the 56 days and lord McAlpine, isn't he going to sue twitters that retwitted stuff?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its crass; but in some ways the youth of a country coming out, under no obligation, to defend their country is inspiring.

This isn't the "youth of a country" - it's the fucking Israeli Government.

But abhorrent use of twitter I would say no.

So you're in support of the idiots who got jailed for their jokes about dead people in this thread too?

Good to see :)

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
oh I think the judgement on the Muamba case was way over top.
But I also think you can't compare the two issues.

Job

Because hypocrisy has a place of its own in the human psyche..we routinly accept behaviour from some and denounce the same in others...its context that clouds our judgement.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
This isn't the "youth of a country" - it's the fucking Israeli Government.

all the twitter/instagram stuff coming from the idf is a youth movement coming out from within the idf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom