The Muamba tweets

Zenith

Part of the furniture
I'm using death scores (even though I dont like it) to make a point. It's in Gaza there is a humanitarian crisis, not in Israel.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
I wont even respond to your hypothetical question since it, in no way, represent the situation that is happening. Points for trying though.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Jews shouldn't have been set up there in the first place and then immediately acted like they owned the region, personally i think this was bound to happen, only for US backing they would be long driven out.

Israel clearly see's it's neigbours as being a lower form of life from their behavior and they have nobody to blame but the line of idiotic narrow minded old male leaders with the same attitude

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
If the Gaza strip happened to be an island off the Kent coast and Iranian backed rockets started raining down on London for whatever reason, what do you think we would do? I'll tell you, we'd return fire with more or less precision strikes of the suspected infrastructure of the people behind the launches.
The western world would back us to the hilt, I'm no friend of Israel, but I also despise hypocrisy, Israel has every right to return fire and fuck the collateral damage, the people firing from Gaza are to blame for that.
The utterly biased BBC are there counting bodies, I don't remember the last time I saw blown apart Iraqi's or Afghans from our 'precision' strikes..no because of the huge conspiracy between media and government to keep such upsetting images from the screens of the masses in the west, which should be investigated like the Jimmy Saville affair.
What the jews did to form Israel is water under the bridge, you cannot on any level solve the problem with rocket attacks, they are done for one simple reason, to provoke a response and then go squealing to the worlds press.

rynnor

Rockhound
I wont even respond to your hypothetical question

Because I dont have an answer? Yes - its a shame when situations aren't simple isn't it? Such is life I'm afraid - oh for moral certitude and righteous anger eh?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What do you guys think of this? The Beeb commissioned a report into its bias in reporting over the Israel/Palestine conflict but has spent hundreds of thousands keeping it secret?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...s-Israel--moral-country-deserves-support.html

I'm more concerned that the BBC seems to think its above FOI requests despite being a publicly funded organisation. This is the second significant blocking operation from the BBC I've heard about in the last couple of weeks (the other is about their climate change reporting policy).

As for the article, I wouldn't go so far as to call them a "moral" country, (they practice a form of apartheid, there's no getting around that), they're not the foaming-at-the-mouth Nazis that Scouse describes either. However, the article does point out an essential truth; would the human rights of the Palestinians be more respected if they were in an independent state (or part of one of their islamic neighbours)? You'd have to say no. Arab Israelis (as opposed to those determined to remain Palestinian) have a much higher standard of human rights than pretty much anyone else in the Islamic world.

In relation to all the debates about the rocket attacks, "proportionality" etc. nothing has changed since 2006; If you're in a bar and repeatedly poke the bouncer in the chest, and he's told you he's going to fuck you up, and shown you pictures of the last guy he fucked up, stop poking him.

rynnor

Rockhound
As for the article, I wouldn't go so far as to call them a "moral" country

Yeah - ignore the daily fail nonsense - I just picked it as about the most recent I could find that had the most up to date amount for the BBC's costs in this secret war with the FOI.

Both sides think they are biased against them so I didnt think much of it but clearly theres something damning in that report.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes..thats the normal term

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom