The Experiment Game

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*The light over Levins bed...stays green*

(And will do so until things change, heck, he's alone in there :D)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Not overly satisfied with the answer, Levin looks at the coffin.

"Well, whoever you are in there.. I am not sure I can get you out. Heck, I'm not sure I want to."

He asks something again.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Muttering something as he strokes along the coffin with his hand, Levin asks something else into the mic.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Levin listens to a rather long winded speech from the man in the other end of his headpiece. Afterwards, he squats next to the coffin and starts searching it for an opening mecanism.

Search: Coffin

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*The light over Levins bed turns red*

*The coffin opens smoothly, without any eerie creak or howling scary sound. It just opens and in the coffin lays a man with a Cerb nametag on, a gun in hand, same bland clothes, earpiece and mic on, and a look that could either kill or mean that he wet his pants many many times.*

(Cerb is now added to the game...finally)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
"whadafuckisgoinonwheredafeckamiohmygodohmygodohjesuspleasedontkillmeihavelotsofmoneyiswear!!!!!!!!!"

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Levin gives the man in the Coffin a look of sympathy. "Hey man, looks like you got it worse than the rest of us. Well... at least you're better off than them, now." He nods towards the four corpses in the room. "It's nice with some living company here again."

"Listen, I have the key to get out of here, but I have a feeling the jackass out there has more surprises for us so we might not be safe just yet. I assume you know the rules to this game... Cerb, is it? I found that asking questions is quite good for your health, here. So if you have an action left this turn.. you may want to ask about the door, leaving.. traps, risks, something like that. When it's my turn i'll just open the door for us so we can get out."

Levin helps Cerb out of the coffin and adds, "Oh and good luck!"

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
cerb seems to breakout of his crazy state for a second..."theres a way out?...hol on...what do you mean traps.....oh man i dont even know whats goin on here but ok ill try ASKing a question"................

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*The light over Cerbs bed goes red*
*Both lights turn green*

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Levin looks up at the lights, and then back to Cerb. "Good, well done. What did you ask him? Did he say anything useful? Otherwise I suppose I may as well try and get us out of here now." He moves towards the door and looks at it suspciously.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Levin ponders Cerb's silence and shrugs. "Alright, nevermind.. at least I let you out of the box. Come with me if you want then, eh?" And with that he uses the key on the door.

Leave

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
cerb comes out of a weird day long trance and finds himself alone...he decides to leave.....as he does so he looks around at the dead bodies and thinks maybe that coffin wasnt so bad!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*Both Levin and Cerb walk hand in hand down the corridor filled with flowers an...wrong story...

The door opens after a plethora of clicks, whirls and thuds. Levin and Cerb stare down a long dark corridor, lights in the ceiling seeming to go forever. They picker for a moment which one of them should walk first and then decide on just getting the f*ck out. They start walking into the darkness and the door behind them closes, leaving the bodies to rot for...who knows how long.

Bit by bit the memories start coming back, and while Levin thinks about the lives he took, he also remembers that as an ex military, it's nothing he couldn't live with. Cerb on the other hand, starts remembering bits and pieces of the deal, how he was offered money, lots of money, how he could finally buy that house for his family...but was it worth it...it seemed so now.

The light of the outside world hits their face like burning fire, it's been quite some time since they've been outside, and slowly their lives become clearer and clearer. The initial shock of the outside world makes them forget for a while where they came from, but as they turn, there's nothing there.

They are left standing at an alleyway, dead end, with nothing but bricks and one way out. It all seems very...very...unreal at that time.*

(Game over, Cerb and Levin win)

Rabble rabble on! :D

Iceforge was a lone survivor, only getting out after he killed all.
Levin was ex-military, meaning he could kill to get out but it wasn't necessary.
Golena, tris-, Cerb and Megadave were all innocent, who had to keep clean. Meaning no killing of innocents.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Rawr, victory!!! :)

Aaah, an interesting game Tohtori! I had the impression the whole time that whoever won would have to do so alone, so I kept expecting that in saving Cerb, I'd either doom myself or him as we left. I guess in the end, it was really just Iceforge who had to win alone? And he didn't even know it?

As for feedback, I wonder if letting people know their "roles" might be a good idea. If i had known how to win i could work towards it more easily, and other people could suspect me of this or that. Same for Iceforge then. He would have known he needed everyone dead, and could work for that.

All in all, a very interesting game. Thanks for setting it up, Tohtori!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's all about the questions really. Iceforge learned it quite early that he should get everyone killed. The questions are quite interesting, people asking who has the key ofcourse, then people not asking about the key, people asking who has to die etc.

I didn't reveal(this game) any roles, as i thought complete memory loss would fit the game very well. This is a very loose concept and it can be modified quite a bit.

Noone asked "how do i win this" though, which would clear up a lot.

And all of you silly people with your lies :D

This is a more moderator heavy game though, so it takes time to moderate, but ti's fun.

Glad you enjoyed, have to bump the sign up thread again.

Oh yeah, i could post all the questions/answers here, but would that be giving away gamestyle too much? Have to get all to agree really.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
*shakes his fist at Golena* I got so close!

If Golena had been persuaded not to shoot me, then I would wait for 1 of Levin or Golena to do 1 action the next turn, shoot the one without action (at that time I thought that would mean they died without getting to take an action) and then try and shoot the last one in the turn after before they could get me.

So close, but no cake, because Golena didn't trust me... rightfully so, but still,... *shakes fist some more*

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
considering i was in the box so long i was proud of how i put my question :)

"other that the door is there anything else that will stop BOTH me and levin leaving this room safely?"

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i cant believe i got shot.
and yes i was lieing every time :p

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
In hindsight I'm sorry I blew Golena away, but I have no remorse for offing Tris, the liar! :D Did you know the key was in your gun, Tris?

So, how many shots did everyone have in their guns? I had two. Used 'em both. :flame:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
In hindsight I'm sorry I blew Golena away, but I have no remorse for offing Tris, the liar! :D Did you know the key was in your gun, Tris?

So, how many shots did everyone have in their guns? I had two. Used 'em both. :flame:

nope. didnt know i had the key.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Well came fairly close..

I asked if the person who has the key knew they had it, and got the answer no which is why I was so suspicious after you confirmed Tris had the key.
I blame Levin for shooting me needlessly tbh, although there was about a 50% chance that if he hadn't shot me i'd of shot him.. I thought about simply shooting him at the start of that round but decided against it, not that it would of helped me in the end.

I think for future it would help knowing slightly more about your roles tho. Maybe also make the questions more defined, something like you can only ask questions that will get the answer yes, no or a number. Asking questions like "what are the exact things I need to do to get out of here" would appear to be sensible but I figured i'd get some nonsense answer if I tried, so I tried to keep them slightly more abstract.

Would shooting an innocent include shooting Iceforge since he was trying to kill us all, or as an innocent are you not allowed to shoot anyone?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Would shooting an innocent include shooting Iceforge since he was trying to kill us all, or as an innocent are you not allowed to shoot anyone?

Nope. Only killing innocents, killing Levin wouldn't have counted either.

Kinda like "innocent and pure in the killing departmetn is a nono".

I personally prefer the freedom to ask questions, i'm very fair in giving the answer though. Also keeps the "under the thumb" pressure going.

But, in the future games, there might be some changes ;)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Well, some of the things I found in the game that I think could be improved, as I know you wanted that feedback:

1) Role PMs. Even if the PM just said "you can't remember anything as you waked up in the room!"
I dont know if anybody got any role PMs at all this game, but I had no idea that I had to kill everybody until I was told so after asking some questions, making my role a lot tougher because of the way I had acted until I got the answers to the questions I had asked.
Without a role PM, I sort of assumed we was all in the same position and the fact that the rest didnt have to kill to get out, but only me, is actually a surprise I got now that the game ended.

2. Remove Rounds / Green Lights for some actions. Instead make a 24hour or 48 hour limit, in which everybody is perhaps allowed X things. I know you had planned that if we did an ASK and then a SHOOT, you would do something to punish us, but it just didn't make sense to me, logically, that I couldn't move a gun up and press fire while asking a question, as neither seemed exclusive to each other in what one is able to do. If you dont want to allow players to do more pr. "round", atleast consider making it timebased. Was quite frustrating in this game when waiting on some player who seemed to just never post or be active, with a timelimit, one could atleast time ones actions so one was quite sure there wouldn't come any major surprise actions right after you taken yours.

3) If you want to go with the innocent/guilty kinda aspect like you did here, perhaps make some action they have to agree upon from time to time, or just something to give it the feeling of "us vs. them", but perhaps that would make it too much like mafia, totally up to you, just felt a lot like a single player forum game where one had to wait and bet on how others acted, but the actual working together wasn't so much present. Just my feeling anyway

EDIT: Also, agree that more clear restrictions/rules for the use of ASK would be lovely. Each time I made a question I dumbed it down several times to make sure that it didn't end up being to wide a question (i.e. revealing to much information) or crossing a barrier into information we was not allowed to get. Which was pure guesswork from my side, as there was no rules really posted, but I couldn't imagine any question being viable.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Good points, and some are in "production" already. Have to count those in too.

that's exactly the kind of feedback i'm asking for, to improve the game and making it more enjoyable.

But yes, us vs them mentality is a bit mafia'ish, but it might not be a bad thing.

Next game will be alot different, lights are going, but there will be pressure. Also setting will change etc.

Have to do a couple to perfect this, but it seems people enjoyed the different aspects and the other options then voting.

Also i think people like the "you decide who dies" thing. In equality ofcourse.

Will be a while before i manage to perfect it, but, not too long :)

After examining this game I've deduced a very easy way to win against opponents that aren't quite so witty. I think if I played in the next game it would be easy, can I have a go?

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Good points, and some are in "production" already. Have to count those in too.

that's exactly the kind of feedback i'm asking for, to improve the game and making it more enjoyable.

But yes, us vs them mentality is a bit mafia'ish, but it might not be a bad thing.

Next game will be alot different, lights are going, but there will be pressure. Also setting will change etc.

Have to do a couple to perfect this, but it seems people enjoyed the different aspects and the other options then voting.

Also i think people like the "you decide who dies" thing. In equality ofcourse.

Will be a while before i manage to perfect it, but, not too long :)

A way to apply pressure COULD be make actions unaviable if somebody does them before you.

Or 2 people do them before you, depending on number of players / number of actions you can think off.

Exclude "shoot" from this rule through, if you include that action again.

People will be under much more pressure to perform their actions quickly, if for instance 2 other players ASKing before them in a round will mean they suddenly can't ask, but only use SEARCH and,... well, whatever other actions you can think off that fits the theme you choose for your next game.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I think in some respects that can be slightly unbalancing in itself.

If you take the mafia game as an example, your action means the same whenever you make it. What you don't want to happen is for the winner to be the person who manages to be at their computer when the next round starts, as those who can't be on FH 24 hours a day would suddenly be at a disadvantage.

I think ensuring everyone has to take an action every 24 hours isn't unreasonable, any more than that and people that work might well struggle to actually keep up.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I was thinking about if letting people know their roles at the start would make the game better when a thought occured to me.

What if you started the game with the wallet of the person to your left. So you knew someone else's role but not your own. That would mean people could act with some knowledge, and also try to reason why others were behaving in a certain manner, but without simply disclosing their role. Obviously everyone wants as many other people dead as possible to increase their chances of winning, but without shooting them themselves, so the person knowing who the lone survivor is could try to get him killed but couldn't shoot him themselves if they were innocent. Maybe make the innocent role completely unable to kill anyone, and increase the number of ex-military in the room?

Searching someone could reveal any roles that they knew of, so gradually as people die you can find out more about who is who.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The innocents already outnumber the "evil" characters, so they have to be careful of who to shoot anyway.

The way th next round probably goes is that you get a bit of random info at the start, be it who it may, but i'm not really confident in giving out direct info on who is who, as then, say, the lone survivor would only survive if people didn't believe the guy claiming it.

In other words, popularity/trust/other games experience would come in play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom