Advice Recommend me an office/gaming chair

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My home office chair is creaking like a motherfucker and I think I'm ready for a new chair. Any recommendations? The best chair anywhere is probably a Logitech/Hermann Miller Embody, but I'm balking at €1700 (although I would pay it if it's genuinely worth it and it was recommended).

The only other seat that seems to have credibility is Secretlab, but I just keep wondering why office chairs need to look like they belong in the Fast & The Furious?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've had a Secret Lab since right when COVID struck (I remember because it delayed the delivery). Here's the thread. It's been great tbh, I've had to have a bit replaced (the handle to activate/deactivate the tilt mechanism went) but very comfortable for long periods and not too gamer-y. I got the 2020 TITAN in charcoal blue.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've just seen Secret Lab do something called the NeueChair, which could be interesting. It looks like they've gone down the "upmarket-sounding subsidiary" path rather than doing it under the Secret Lab name but it seems to review well.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can't recommend sectretlab enough, tbh Gaff. I also have a titan and it's superb.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can't recommend sectretlab enough, tbh Gaff. I also have a titan and it's superb.
Yeh but you didn't tell @DaGaffer that yours is the child version and a 1/4 of the price of the grown up chair.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
baby eating GIF by South Park

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Don't buy a proper gaming chair, they're 99% cheaply made shite. Buy an expensive operator chair or splurge a bit more on a well-known brand that'll last.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Another SecretLab lockdown purchaser here, 3 years on it's still bloody brilliant. Still comfy - I can quite happily do 8 (ish) hours on it for work then turn it round and put my feet up for another couple of hours on the PlayStation.

No quality issues, and the Cookies and Cream finish still looks good despite my love of eating crisps in it.

Vae

Resident Freddy
SecretLab Titan here too. Bought in Nov 20 Black Friday sale. Use it for 8-9 hours per day 3-5 days a week and it’s still doing well and very comfortable.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucksake, I went upstairs just now to go for a piss and see what chair I have, fucking shit memory, managed the piss but not looking at the chair.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I have a Secretlab Titan with softweave fabric too. Amazing chair. My wife has a Secretlab Omega in leather, and it's nice, but she likes my chair better.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My son has a SecretLab but the fabric seems infused with his farts now.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I have a HM Aeron and a Secretlab Titan. Both very good chairs but I'm preferring the Secretlab because it fits me better and doesn't become uncomfortable during long sessions. There's no cushioned support for your legs on the Aeron and I find that can be a pain if used for too long.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I have a HM Aeron and a Secretlab Titan. Both very good chairs but I'm preferring the Secretlab because it fits me better and doesn't become uncomfortable during long sessions. There's no cushioned support for your legs on the Aeron and I find that can be a pain if used for too long.

When you shit yourself in the middle of a game you'll appreciate the mesh of the aeron.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have a Steelcase Leap, which I don't suppose you can call a gaming chair, it's just an office chair. Bought second hand in 2015 and is starting to fall to bits now. It does get heavy use though, and has absorbed a great many farts.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I got an office chair from a skip outside work in Nottingham in 2001.

Works fine. It's just got a bit of a brown stripe from where I must have dropped chocolate years ago. It's definitely not just 20 years of accumulated farting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom