Football The 2018/2019 Season Thread

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Moriath, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Fucking what.

2. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Well well well.

3. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Oh my. What a game. UCL is coming home.

4. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

Spurs played better but Ajax just came out in the second half with the wrong attitude.

5. caLLous

More incredible games in this year's CL than any I can remember before.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Shagrat

Shagrat I am a FH squatter

champions league has been as mad as this season. some top quality games, both the semi finals have been immense across both legs....

7. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Those were the words I came here to type.

Gonna be a fucking hard final.

8. Scouse

Dunno. Never heard of the fucker. Who he?

9. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

How come they decide to have such epic games when im out of the country in the usa. Where a) they dont care about football b) the games are played during the working day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hawkwind

Hawkwind FH is my second home FH Subscriber

Can't believe Ajax came out in the second half with a different plan. They were amazing in the first half and fully deserved the lead. As soon as the pressure came they couldn't cope.

11. Billargh

Billargh FH is my second home

I genuinely cannot believe what I've witnessed the last few nights. Liverpool is slightly less surprising, those lot love a good cup competition comeback, but for Spurs to do it too, fucking hell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Embattle

The sweet flavour of Spanish tears, tastes even better knowing the final will be in Madrid :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. Scouse

What you doing in the states? :)

14. Embattle

Luiz being a spanner tonight.

15. Embattle

Did we do any passing training this week.

16. Embattle

Jesus Christ what a load of shit.

17. caLLous

Come on Chelsea ffs. Two all-English finals would be nice and I really don't see this Frankfurt team causing Arsenal enough trouble.

18. Embattle

We've been useless this game so don't see us having a good game against Arsenal if we get through.

19. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

I'll love it when Spurs win the CL and Chelsea the EL. Can't wait to rub it in to all my arsenal fan friends

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Embattle

Nice:

21. caLLous

They should be 2 great finals. Arsenal obviously have to win theirs to qualify for next season's Champions League but it'll (probably) be Hazard's last game for Chelsea and he won't be having any of that. I've no idea what to expect from the CL final tbh, Liverpool have won both times in the league this season but they were both tight matches.

22. Embattle

Liverpool should win it but since the underdogs have done so well it'll benefit Spurs, plus I'm interested in what effect the rush to return injured players might have on the teams.

23. Moriath

Work trip near Boston. Fly back at 7:30am Friday morning est

24. Moriath

Two london clubs having to fly all their fans to Azerbaijan or where ever.

The competition should be able to move the final game to the most appropriate /nearest neutral country. Rather than flying thousands of miles. Guess they have to try and be inclusive to the lesser nations.

25. Access Denied

Access Denied It was like that when I got here...

To be honest I think Arsenal will take it. Not just because I'm a supporter but because unless a fucking miracle happens on the last day of the season, it's our only way into the Champions League and I reckon we'll go balls to the wall to win it. Besides, we all know Liverpool are going to stomp Spurs and it'll be hilarious if Spurs, having reached a CL final, get dumped into the EL next season..

26. caLLous

The only way Tottenham can end up in the EL next year is if we lose against Everton and the goal difference of 8 between us and Arsenal is wiped out. If Arsenal win the EL then there'd be 5 teams in the CL next season. Seriously, how do people not know the various permutations that could've led to 4th place dropping to the EL by now? It's been covered to death by every media outlet under the sun.

27. Embattle

I had lot work colleagues not understanding how it works as well.

28. caLLous

• Like Like x 1
  29. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

Weird isn't it? Giant killing has been very much a Wolves thing this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Scouse

Brighton have left two of their key players out - not even on the bench. Thst's pretty shitty :(