Football The 2018/2019 Season Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Now the world cup is over. Its time to speculate on the new season. Starting in under 3 weeks :)

Can anyone stop Man City this year?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Still wish @Wazzerphuk was here.

LIVERPOOL TO WIN IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*May as well get it said now.

Himse

FH is my second home
I'm really excited for Sarriball. Next year more so though.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Tottenham to sell Kane on last day of transfer, less then 10 pts at boxing day, and relegated by the end of the season.... oh one can only hope :D
More serious... Arsenal will finish 3rd or 4th.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If Arsenal don't finish top 4 then they should get Wenger back.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I thnk Arsenal will be in the wilderness for a couple years. I not seen them buy much so far and they need to in order to compete with the top 4 from last year.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Seven players have joined Arsenal so far... That said, none of them are exactly household names, apart from maybe Torreira from Sampdoria.

Embattle

FH is my second home
A tough year for Chelsea, new manager and players and a good chance Hazard will leave this summer.

Gray

FH is my second home
I haven't noticed any signings for Everton so far, only trying to sell sell sell. Usual bluster with names being linked but never going anywhere. I guess things were slow initially due to the World Cup but we don't have long left. So, "the usual".

If we maintain our form and goal scoring record from pre-season though i'll be delighted

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ouch. Ox out for the entire season. Just when he was beginning to look really good :(

That turned from bargain to expensive really quickly...

Edit: All four ligaments??! Anterior and posterior cruciate, and his lateral and medial collaterals? That's fucking madness.

The tackle looked really innocuous, but in actuality it was like this... :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I'll go out on a limb and state Arsenal for 4th Place :) <crosses fingers>. Although 4th to 6th will be a hard fought battle.

1. Shitty
2. Chelski
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6 Tottemham

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'll go out on a limb and state Arsenal for 4th Place :) <crosses fingers>. Although 4th to 6th will be a hard fought battle.

1. Shitty
2. Chelski
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6 Tottemham

Can’t see any credible challenge to City at the moment; Liverpool and United look like the strongest current challengers for 2nd, Arsenal are an unknown quantity, Chelsea are in real danger of losing their three best players and Spuds are very quiet but have a new stadium to deal with that usually upsets a team’s rhythm in the first season.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Agree on City, then Liverpool/United or United/Liverpool, then who knows. Tottenham did ok at Wembley last season, I don't see us beating Liverpool in our first home match though. Hopefully the team will take to the new stadium like a duck to water as it'll feel more like "home" than Wembley ever did, but we'll see. :\

Very quiet on the transfer front, Grealish is supposed to be on the verge of being done. He was a very controversial signing when the rumours started but a lot of people have come around to the fact that he could be a fantastic player with a better team than Villa around him (and Villa fans are absolutely aghast at the idea of him leaving). I think Poch wants to get better contracts sorted for existing players before making any signings - Sanchez and Kane signed before the World Cup and there are rumours than Dele and Eriksen did as well but they haven't been announced. I'd still love Martial and Mourinho apparently would still love Alderweireld but I can see that one dragging on until the end of the window.

Pretty underwhelming stuff so far, though. As in, fuck all has happened (apart from one of our academy players going to Portsmouth).

Gray

FH is my second home
So Everton are closing in on a Watford player who started last season well but went quickly off the boil in his first season at the club. They paid around £10m for him and now Everton have stoked up a bid of £30m+ likely rising to £50m.

What the actual fuck. This has me remembering the whole saga with Swansea and Siggurdsson, only with Watford they have been massively bitter towards Everton due to them blaming Everton for Watford sacking Silva? Could this be a way of trying to get into their good books by giving a little bit extra as an "apology" even though they did nothing wrong??

The lack of new faces is slightly concerning, especially as our defence is aging (Even though I love Baines and Jags, they are getting on now). Williams can stay the fuck away from the First Team, but getting rid of Funes Mori seems like a very bad roll of the dice since he was decent.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Watched some of the Champions Cup games yesterday, seems to me they should play the new/young talent at Arsenal in the EPL. They did a great job on PSG. As did Spuds in their match.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Transfer window closes before season starts this year, that news had completely passed me by

Himse

FH is my second home
Watched some of the Champions Cup games yesterday, seems to me they should play the new/young talent at Arsenal in the EPL. They did a great job on PSG. As did Spuds in their match.

Pre season really doesn't cut it when it comes to proving if talent would fit in your starting 11 side in the PL. You only get the odd diamond in the rough such as Mbappe.

Gray

FH is my second home
Well Everton's defence since our incredibly 22-0 win over that incredible has gone back to dire. Draws with Burnley and Lille. defeats by Porto, Blackburn (FFS) and Rennes.

We only have one match left and one week before the window closes... We better hope we don't get embarrassed by Wolves.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Mourinho in third season arsehole mode, no-one getting bought. Sigh.

Himse

FH is my second home
Mourinho in third season arsehole mode, no-one getting bought. Sigh.

I honestly think he needs to walk away from football for a little while. He's not playing good football & just basically looking to not lose.

The players that are there are only there for the money now, no way Sanchez would've rocked up there if it wasn't for the 400k or whatever a week.

Embattle

FH is my second home
He was in trouble the last year of his Chelsea tenure before moving on to MU.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Mourinho making excuses before season even starts is usually a sign he is mentally on his way out

Wenger to Man Utd!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Trying to watch quest +1 to see footy highlights and for so e reason its being shown in 4:3. Quest channel is 16:9

Very odd. On virgin btw

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We've long known that we never get penalties and the scummers get loads.

I knew Pete Walton - used to work with him. He absolutely hated the scousers - so if he's been involved you can be sure that we've not been given special treatment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom