Subclassing Abilities

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
The only good things for naturalist are the resist stuff imo, all the other sucks bad, what on earth would you want buff for, when you are a buffing class o_O ? (unless they stack ofc :x)

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Steffan- said:
The only good things for naturalist are the resist stuff imo, all the other sucks bad, what on earth would you want buff for, when you are a buffing class o_O ? (unless they stack ofc :x)

naturalists cant pick the naturalist CL line

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
as i understand it m8 u can spend points in all the other lines apart from ur own. eg druids can get styles, debuffs, dds, ect depending on what they spend there 5 points on

Marc

FH is my second home
Daft question maybe, but can casters get melee styles? I mean, for instance a paladin/arms can get magic abilities so if a caster couldnt get melee styles this would limit a casters choice wouldnt it?

Ging

Part of the furniture
more to the point a light tank who is rooted can still interupt with magic, a caster with styles wil be pretty much pointless imo.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
It's a shame they didnt introduce the same system FFXI has, wherby you can do skill-chains, would make RvR and PvE alot more interesting.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
would be nice if mages could get melee styles (and enabling 1h slot), give malice charge on eld ;)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Daft question maybe, but can casters get melee styles? I mean, for instance a paladin/arms can get magic abilities so if a caster couldnt get melee styles this would limit a casters choice wouldnt it?

yes casters get styles if the choose them,

at CL3 you get access to all base weapon types e.g slash thrust crush shield and i think staff

:m00:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
would be nice if mages could get melee styles (and enabling 1h slot), give malice charge on eld ;)

malice is class specific so you cant equip that, you could for instance equip a LGW heater though etc

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
malice is class specific so you cant equip that, you could for instance equip a LGW heater though etc

well, malice was just an example. in OF i used a cold legendary staff (35% debuff charges) but i could hotswap it with tartaros - now they fixed hotswapping i really really miss it

but the 1h cold weapons have a proc, not a charge.. qq :/ or maybe the styles are with staff? that would look kinda cool, even tho its utterly useless

for nightshade im thinking to get the 100 hp heal and maybe the 8 pt hp regen, they reduce downtime sooo much. for champ, since i dont have stoicism or charge, maybe ill get the line where you get a snarenuke. would give me a lot of utility when im cc'd, next to a load of other spells i have to use

not sure yet about the other stuff, looks like it won't horribly overpower anyone (really hope it wont), but still its quite nice

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
will there be a respec stone for this, or is the choice you make final? :eek:

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Bonehead said:
will there be a respec stone for this, or is the choice you make final? :eek:

you can buy CL respecs from the Kings Treasury

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
So as a scout i could go down the healer line, and be able to cure my own poisons and disease? And then heal myself too? Bonkers!! Just givz Cure NS and we are talking :D

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Fellavader said:
mmmmh.. evade buff for armsmen..? :rolleyes:

might work like the vampiir buffs, vamps cant evade/parry but when they use the buffs they can

liloe

It's my birthday today!
the interesting question is, will dex affect the parry/evade buff?

If yes I might take parry on druid. If not, disease ofc ( 5pts and 4 of them useless QQ )

Mordenaar

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm....what do vamps get?

My starting class was a stalker, will i get stalker things or will i get a different one?

Mordenaar

Fledgling Freddie
Never mind found it... All vampiirs will be under the figher starting class.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Heheh 11% parry buff, that'll be fun if I can get it.

What happend to the self haste buff? I don't see that on there.

I'd like to see some official documentation on what restrictions there are if any.

If any class can access any line then im stuck between going for debuff/desease route, self parry buff, healing/cures, or GTAOE.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
dont believe anything that site says... the ranger class.

On the misty Hibernian mornings, through the quiet russle of the leaves, you can sometimes hear the gentle twang of bowstrings whisper through the air. Those who walk the way of the Lurker, but cannot find it in themselves to turn towards the shadowy deception of the Nightshade, instead accent their rogue skills by perfecting the use of the Hibernian recurve bows, and find strength in the ways of the Ranger.
In addition to the basic Stealth skills of all rogues, Rangers learned to channel their natural Hibernian magics into the lore of Pathfinding. Rangers can magically enhance themselves and their melee skills, making up for what they lack in combat training.
But the real strength of the Ranger lies in their love for the bow. Rangers literally live by their bows, constantly training and striving to improve their bow skills through the use of the Critical Shot and other special bow abilities like Volley. Often times on the battlefield, entire divisions have been slain or scattered at the hands of only a few well hidden Rangers.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
dont believe anything that site says... the ranger class.

That's clearly wrong...I see no mention of Vipr or Calu there...nor of DI Bots hidden in towers ;)

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Kanim said:
more nerfs to underpowered midgard !

Hibernia lvl 5 Tree : Chaotic Affliction
Function: Disease
Cast Time: 2
Range: 1500
Duration: 20 sec

Albion lvl 5 Tree : Diseased Spirit
Cast Time: 2s
Duration: 30 sec

Midgard lvl 4 Tree : Disease Spores
Duration: 1 min

Midgard lvl 5 Tree : Disease Cloud
Function: AE Disease
Cast Time: 2.5
Radius: 250

:eek7:

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
Robin the Brave said:
Hibernia lvl 5 Tree : Chaotic Affliction
Duration: 20 sec

Albion lvl 5 Tree : Diseased Spirit
Cast Time: 2s

Midgard lvl 4 Tree : Disease Spores
Duration: 1 min

Midgard lvl 5 Tree : Disease Cloud
Function: AE Disease
Cast Time: 2.5
Radius: 250

:eek7:
QQ!! we only get 4 trees.. albs get 5.. hibs get 6....

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
VampiiricMist said:
QQ!! we only get 4 trees.. albs get 5.. hibs get 6....

Albion just has more caster starting classes... each realm has the basic healer/caster/tank/rogue trees, oh no what if a fire wizard has access to a 35/40 value DoT or a cabalist with a 95 value bolt :eek6:, theres very few abilites worth speccing in.. disease will be one of the more popular choices im sure and mids version has 30 sec greater duration over albion and 40 sec over hibernia? and access to a AE version which is still 10 sec greater than hibernia's basic disease.

ofc these stats may be wrong or changed later (or not as US release is afew weeks away?)

oh and ofc mids get disease in tier 4 so they can spec in a gimpy heal or something :p albs/hibs will have to use all 5 points if they want a lesser version. fair?

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
qqqqq looks like alot of interupts, atleast the weapons looks cool :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom