Mauler abilities

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
The Mauler uses gravity, magnetism and aura powers to augment melee combat," said the slides as Yarbrough presented them to us. The class wears leather armor, has new weapon specializations called Fist Wraps and Mauler Staff, gets combat power regeneration and new abilities called: kick, push, silence, multi-attack, disarm, nearsight immunity aura and a casting time increase debuff. Minotaurs, Britons, Celts and Norse are allowed to create Mauler characters.

The magnetism mauler line is crowd control oriented. There is also a power strike line that is more offensive and carries a wealth of debuffs. The Aura Manipulation line is more of a defensive specialization track.

Kick, push and silence?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setview/features/gameID/11/loadFeature/922/page/1/from/

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Well gee, that sounds like its going to be another perfectly balanced expansion class then.

MaCaBr3

Banned
The next expansion they will make a class called The Phoenix which will pwn all.

/sarcasm_off

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like this is going to be prime interupt/cc, and a general boost for grp against other classes.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Imon said:
Silence?
Another female only class, silence you to death? :)

funny what a contradiction in terms they are, most of the time you can't shut the bloody women up. Making the banshee a perfect comparison. But then you have the silent treatment too :p

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Well seems to me, they been trying to cackhandedly nerf casters for a while with more and better interrupt classes (banelord just taught casters how to kite) and this the latest robocop for casters. Dunno if it will be :)

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
The Minotaur race carries high strength and constitution, but lacks dexterity and quickness. They are also resistant to heat and cold.
So almost no difference between stats for minotaur and norseman, except for the extra heat resist minotaur gets, wich makes norseman mauler only viable if you care about the looks. Since it's got leather, the heat resistance is extra important.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Dr_Evil said:
Since it's got leather, the heat resistance is extra important.
With the current armour bonuses, leather is only 5% vunerable to heat now, not that important now than before

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
One thing for sure. If people prefer minataurs to 'bard' for em in rvr then the end of camelot is coming.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Mckennitt said:
One thing for sure. If people prefer minataurs to 'bard' for em in rvr then the end of camelot is coming.

Still need speed & end i guess ? .. what about grp slots increased to 10 ? :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Well gee, that sounds like its going to be another perfectly balanced expansion class then.

atealst evry realm get the same version :/ but compared to other classes it might be OP as hell

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
kick push and silence sounds like anti caster stuff. Stuff that prevents them from casting for x seconds or so maybe? thats the way those abilitys work in WoW anyways :p

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
For those who are capped out in Camelot, Champion Levels 6 to 10 should be exciting. These will provide players with a measured power increase, more health, additional sub-classing points, new mythical slot items, player titles, new horses and additional weapon tints.

mythical slot items? Oo

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
I dont know what 'Kick' is...but they should give it to Trolls too.... u see a small luri...kick it to the next bridge... size does matter !!!

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
hmm silence? i guess its like disarm? just a thought would be too cheat if it is like this xddd

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The 'anti caster' approach is just the same as the recent trend with valks and vamps etc but then they give a CC (magnetism) line to the same class that is meant to be anti-caster?

That seems a little bit to much. It basically seems like they don't want tanks, hybrids or spellcasters to be able to kill this thing, I hope they don't give it a stupid amount of spec points so they at least have to choose which line they want.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
1.5 is what is said iirc

and who cares really, if its OPd it get nerfed, and at least all realms have access to the OPd shit

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Kagato said:
The 'anti caster' approach is just the same as the recent trend with valks and vamps etc but then they give a CC (magnetism) line to the same class that is meant to be anti-caster?

That seems a little bit to much. It basically seems like they don't want tanks, hybrids or spellcasters to be able to kill this thing, I hope they don't give it a stupid amount of spec points so they at least have to choose which line they want.

I am sure I read somewhere that they got 1.5 spec points per level. It is a hybrid class so I think it will be less op than most new classes. I mean the mauler won't be able to out damage merc/bm/zerker etc in combat or out damage a caster in terms of range dps.

I can still see it being very useful for interupts and other utility in group combat and it will inevitably appear to be OP when used solo intially because of new abilities but I don't see it as being anything that will change the style of gaming for a large majority of people. I would be very surprised if it generated the same amount of whine that the warlock/bainshee produced.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Hope that Silence is going to be something like the GW Blackout;

Blackout

Description
For 2-6 seconds, all of touched target foe's skills are disabled, and all of your skills are disabled for 5 seconds.

Energy Cost

Casting Time
1 seconds

Recharge Time
12 seconds

Skill Type
Hex Spell

But it's probably going to be a spammable spell that disables the target from casting anykind of spell for a ridiculous amount of time, because Mythic needs to sell some boxes first.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
how in gods name can u tell if its OP from that description.

And seriously pretty much every daoc player got a fotm OP toon in their rack of characters!

yer it will prolly be OP but lets get more details before we start moaning for gods sake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom