So...Skyrim

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I shouldn't have got it, with an exam looming large in a week 0o

So far:

-It's very pretty!
-It's crashed three times :/
-It's quite hard to kill a troll :(
-Giants hit rather hard; I prolly flew across half the map!
-It's very pretty!
-The menu system is complete gash.
-I was walking across some marshes, when two mammoth came out of some scrub trees and walked across a stream and up the side of a hill, while it rained. I just stopped walking to stand and look, it was that awesome!
-I've applied some extra water and shadow tweaks I found here : http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/11/t...el=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0 to make it more pretty.

Played for about 6 hours. I'm level 7, and loving this Imperial Bow I found lying around somewhere :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
:) cool and jealous mine wasnt delivered today hoping for tomorrow :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
not crashed yet
got to lvl 9
am a werewolf :D
have had 2 companions, both of whom cost me nothing (you can buy mercs) - but can only have one at once, boo :(
its very fallout3/nv GUI etc
i like the sync kills - yay for heavy armour/2h weapon build :D
ai good, graphics very good, story good, so far

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Lvl 16, Vampire. Mostly using sneak+bow, but have good 1hand skill aswell.
Once you get a companion, most "difficult" mobs become easy to kill. Companion gets aggro, you pepper with arrows, job done.

Killed 2 Giants, not as rewarding as one would imagine. You can steal their cheese, but that's pretty much it.

Hint: Don't do the storyline quest. Roam around, much more fun at lower level.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It is very pretty.
Level 11
Just crashed for the first time
Playing sneaky type

Got a bugged quest though, asking me to go kill some bandit leader. Problem is I already killed said bandit leader when rummaging around and his corpse has a quest arrow sticking out of it. Also got a quest to do something or other and there is a dragon sat on top of it. Shot one arrow at it for around 10% of its HP, it then turned round and shat on me. One for later I think :)

Not bothering with the main story yet, just messing about really.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
hows the performance on this? running a 4 year old PC now, but it still handles stuff pretty well. I am much excite.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Lvl 5 no crashes yet
It's very pretty
Quite like the menu system tbh
Setting beasties on fire is entertaining

Enjoying it so far

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
hows the performance on this? running a 4 year old PC now, but it still handles stuff pretty well. I am much excite.
Works fine on my 3 year old PC. Pretty much everything maxed. It's a very good engine.

Zede

Part of the furniture
the exact problems i've having shamelessly stolen from boards.ie :-

I've noticed this same problem while playing Skyrim last night. At first my left and right mouse buttons where reversed in the controls menu which I thought was the initial problem. Of course after reassigning the controls which was also an issue since you cannot directly assign the left mouse button by clicking the left mouse button because it puts you in an infinite loop until you hit another key. Getting past that problem and having the controls now properly assigned I ran into the same problem as you where having. I have to hit the right mouse button to put a sword in my left hand. Not only has that been a problem but I am also completely and utterly unable to put a shield in my right hand. Regardless of what mouse button I press it will always assign it to my left hand. Getting past that severe annoyance I've also come to realize that assigning spells to one hand or the other is completely messed up. Clicking the right mouse button assigns a spell instantly to my left hand unequiping the sword that I had assigned to it. Then I have to click two more times since assigning spells cycle them from left to left and right to right. This means that once I do get a spell assigned to the correct hand I now have to reassign my sword which I constantly made the mistake of forgetting that everything is reversed and consequently unassigned the spell. I also have had a severe problem when attempting to assign spells to one hand or the other. For instance if I had a spell assigned to my right hand I cannot assign a different spell to that hand unless I first assign a sword. I am also unable to assign a healing spell to my right hand. I must admit that this is really pissing me off. Honestly Bethesda how do you mess up one of your main advertised points of how you can now install items to your left or right hand? And to top it all off how do you mess up the most basic of basics for any game on a PC and that is the left and right mouse buttons? I am seriously hoping that this problem is resolved in the day one patch which I still need to install or at least in a patch that should be released immediately. I mean the game is definitely an incredible game but I do seriously feel like Bethesda has come down a serious case of consolitis for them to have messed up the controls on the pc this badly.

realllly annoying, terrible terrible UI, anyone got any tips to avoid the above mindfuck ?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
ow ow ow getting hit by a troll is like running into a brick wall

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Works fine on my 3 year old PC. Pretty much everything maxed. It's a very good engine.

good news :) bought this today as an early christmas pressie, with the caveat that my wife could buy lego harry potter...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Anyone had an issues with this btw? fps seems fairly solid but certain places in the game fps takes a battering, only running it on High at the moment which I assumed wouldnt have any issues with fps considering my computer specs.

Everz

FH is my second home
Can't stop reading about this lads, now barring in mind. Should I play Morrowind (I actually have the CDs :eek:), or Oblivion before this or can I get stuck straight in?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Doesnt matter which you play, none of the games are direct sequels so you wouldnt learn much :p think of Elderscrolls like Final Fantasy, each game is different/new, the only thing they'll have in common is the player races and perhaps some of the lore.

Everz

FH is my second home
Seeing as I've never really played a Final Fantasy (i'm a shit gamer i know..) to a great extent I'll take that as it goes :D. Still getting it for 360, need to get some gamertags hah.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
realllly annoying, terrible terrible UI, anyone got any tips to avoid the above mindfuck ?

I agree with that post, that's only my real complaint so far but it is a big one. You can't even hotkey weapon or armour combinations!

Best I've found so far is select a favourite a list of weapons and spells, press Q, then assign certain ones to hotkeys using 1 - 8. So I press one 1 sword/axe/mace, 2 for shield, 3 for bow, 4 - 8 to swap shield for various spells. It kind of works except it forgets the hotkey if you swap items where you have more than one in the inventory. I think if you press the hotkey for a spell twice it dual wields it.

I found the normal difficulty battles just a case a point and click so I bumped the level up. My god it's really tough now! I've lost count how many times I've died but it's a lot more fun as you have to use real tactics and combat is generally more realistic.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'll be crucified for this but if you have a 360 pad why not use that? The game was built for the pad and it plays really well.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
this game is fantasic. The UI is terrible and I dont know if its a bug but the voices occasionaly go very very quiet, a bit annoying as there are no subtitle options that I can find. Its like you have to turn to the left to hear NPC speak one minute then back forward the next. Hmmm.. Anyone else had that problem?

The game runs fantastic on my 4 y/o PC, all on high with no slowdown. I'll see if its the same in big populated areas but for now, like Raven said, the engine is just great. Combat is so much better than oblivion!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Haha did you get launched into space?

hahaha, that happened to me when I wandered into a camp of Giants. one-shotted into low Earth orbit. Wish I'd taken a screenshot. No idea if that's a bug or intentional but it was funny as fuck :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
this game is fantasic. The UI is terrible and I dont know if its a bug but the voices occasionaly go very very quiet, a bit annoying as there are no subtitle options that I can find. Its like you have to turn to the left to hear NPC speak one minute then back forward the next. Hmmm.. Anyone else had that problem?

The game runs fantastic on my 4 y/o PC, all on high with no slowdown. I'll see if its the same in big populated areas but for now, like Raven said, the engine is just great. Combat is so much better than oblivion!
http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/456418-sound-stutterring-and-low-volume-on-pc/

post 7 about equilizing the sound using windows

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I was just looking at some of the mods that are out. A few that clean up all the dirty fuckers that wander about. Something I have noticed, nobody seems to own any soap!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter

subtitles are turned on and off in the display menu i think, I know theyre there as ive turned them on.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
ninjastyle.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Graphics and mods but other than that it's pretty identical.

Most mods should only really be used once you have finished the game anyway. It will probably be a good year until there is enough of them to change the game. I remember downloading close to 20 gig of mods for oblivion, basically changed the game.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
um ok. so wandering along a road and get stopped by a man in his underpants.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
With the talk of builds and such, what options do you have? For example can you focus on archery but have 2hand as a secondary form of arse kicking?

Ordered it early hours of yesterday morning, expecting it either monday or tuesday and can't wait :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom