So...Skyrim

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What do you get with a magic mod, a companion that casts upon attack and toggle free camera? :D

Attachments

• jedikiin.jpg
    jedikiin.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 46

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Also took a couple of snowfall pictures.

Attachments

• darkfall.jpg
    darkfall.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 35
  • darkfall2.jpg
    darkfall2.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 33

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
TmAuho.gif

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
using

Deadly Dragons mod
Mod to improve the graphics of trees/sky (can't remember its name! but its easy as fuck to find on skyrim nexus)
Mod to improve female models and armors (see above cant remember its name)
Mod to make alot more monsters appear over the world in enviroments you expec to see em :p

cant remember most of their names but they were popular mods on SkyrimNexus so will be very easy to find.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Just came back to Skyrim after a long break, only to find that i get about 10 mins and then screen just goes black and makes a weird noise.

Anyone else had this or could my gfx card be on it's way out? :/

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
No mods, looking round the net seems to be a common problem....working on a few fixes atm.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
from Steam? try doing a local cache defrag mate. Mine is unstable from time to time. Right now I'm a bit worried about a certain mod, but as you don't run any yet it's just Skrim's native unstableness heh.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
The loading thing seems to of been a dodgy save, that's sorted now.

Fix for the black screen crash appears to be....
Go into the Skyrimprefs.ini file, and next to fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=, change the number to 10000000.0000
Just had a couple hours solid play so seems to of worked for me.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
How much RAM you got out of interest mate and do you run 64-bit or 32-bit? This fixed my crashes for me...

Configuring Windows Vista and 7 for 3Gb User Memory :

1)
Open an elevated (ie, with Administrator rights) cmd prompt (type CMD in the start menu, then CTRL-Shift-Enter)

2.1) Without the quotes, type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072", then press Enter/Return.

2.2) If you are on a multiboot machine, it may fail. If so, add "/store C:\Boot\BCD" to the command, changing the BCD store location accordingly.

2.3) If you're on a machine using Windows Deployment Services (At home? You're 99.99% probably not), you'll need to force regeneration of the BCD store.
Again without quotes: "sc control wdsserver 129"

3) Reboot.

4) To undo this, at an elevated cmd prompt type "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa" and reboot.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Could try this one instead; fixed a fair few issues for me...although do remember to make a backup in case it conflicts with other programs...or conflicts as you're on 3Gb...

Configuring Windows XP for 3Gb User Memory :

1) Open boot.ini
2) Find (usually only one exists) your boot line, which looks something like this :
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

3) Duplicate that line, and edit it so it includes "/3GB" somewhere after the label. Also edit the label to reflect this change :
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB" /3GB /fastdetect

4) Reboot. If things go pear shaped if you use that boot option, use the original and remove that line from boot.ini.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
The black screen crashes seemed to of come back. I cleaned out my case and got a couple hours solid play earlier....this seems to be quite a messed up issue as there isn't a definitive cause/solution.

Cheers for that Kirennia, will refer back to this should the issue come back.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
was that horse-based combat I saw?

Everz

FH is my second home
Anyone recommend a good set of mods (pref new races/mobs/bosses/land etc) and what DLC is worth getting?

I'm getting an itch to give this another bash now I'm better 'setup'.

Nate

FH is my second home
There's another thread in this section stickied with a list of mods.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Going to necro this thread.

Restarted a while back due to a broken interaction sequence in the main quest line. (Dragon Slayers librarian guy wouldn't talk.) Currently have a level 70 Nord female, using a slightly tweaked Dark Brotherhood armour set with the same custom enchants as last time. Got Smithing, Enchanting, 1handed and Archery up to max. Sneaking currently at level 60 something. Bloody love one shotting dragons and giants, been sneaking around and seeing if I can get arrows in mobs eyes! Also, I highly recommend the Detect Life shout, it's VERY useful in dungeons.

Only problem is I have to run the game on low settings. Got a 3.3Ghz Dual Core AMD CPU, a Radeon HD6450 512Mb card. Only got 4Gb of RAM though so that may be part of the issue, will be upgrading my computer to a beast soon though.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Ah, the internet. Sure, it can be harsh, cruel, racist, and basically hateful against anything and anyone (except maybe Richard Dean Andersson and Chuck Norris)

But sometimes, just sometimes, it does something right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom