So...Skyrim

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
from what i read its that your a fast gamer cause i havent seen anyone else in this thread say they anywhere near finishing it in the time you did ...

Maybe the 360 version has less content hehe

If finishing it is his goal, then it's perfectly understandable. I'm in the "Oh, a cave!" mindset. Lose a lot of time just exploring the shit out of the map.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
im on 15 hours at the moment, and am nowhere near finishing. only done a few steps of the main quest. done a few of the side ones and bimbled off to the wizards college place to join them.

loads still to do, no idea how id complete it in another 5 hours

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
32 hours in and I think I am on the last thief quest, the quest line has been a game in itself :) Dark brotherhood next.

Nate

FH is my second home
I've got so many bloody quests, can't see the map anymore for all the arrows!!! Better start completing some of them :p

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Only had about an hour on it, following matey around that leads you from danger from the dragon after bein almost beheaded, gettin myself into fights i can't win for a laugh, had a few beers tonight so tryin to be serious is difficult, but it looks fuckin great and I can see myself having a LOT of fun on this game! So far so good!

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
32 hours, lvl25, smithing lvl71 goin for dragon armor, killed about 11 dragons.. They respawn but only rewards soul once but drops loot each time..

Started using 2h-sword after joining the companions, first mob i met was a wolf, got that "killshot" movie where you impale the enemy, turns out if you get it on a wolf you impale it thru the ass... Made me giggle first time. And the giants 1 shot ability... lol, tend to use my elven epic bow on thoose. :D

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Lvl 22, killed about 5 dragons so far. Taking my time with miscellaneous quests, exploring the map.

Beware of Bard's Leap Summit Point (location between Falkreath and Markarth), it's where Hargravens have their nest, along with some nasty characters called Forhorn.

They... decapitated me. Literally. I'm like lvl 22, with wtfpwn archery skills, and these guys - they just laugh in my face and chop my head off in slow-mo. It was awesome ofc :), but i need to work on my strategy now, seems going up close with them is not the way.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
32 hours, lvl25, smithing lvl71 goin for dragon armor, killed about 11 dragons.. They respawn but only rewards soul once but drops loot each time..

Started using 2h-sword after joining the companions, first mob i met was a wolf, got that "killshot" movie where you impale the enemy, turns out if you get it on a wolf you impale it thru the ass... Made me giggle first time. And the giants 1 shot ability... lol, tend to use my elven epic bow on thoose. :D

been lvling smithing myself on the 2nd time around, seems very valueable considering how you can upgrade armour to the point of it being godly. dreading leveling enchanting tho, heard its a right pain.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
been lvling smithing myself on the 2nd time around, seems very valueable considering how you can upgrade armour to the point of it being godly. dreading leveling enchanting tho, heard its a right pain.
So is alchemy, way less xp per craft.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye smithing seems fairly easy tbh, I just kept making iron daggers so easy to get the materials for them.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
would quite like a realism mod for this; all the food seems reduntant considering you get an awesome free healing spell. Wouldn't mind having to eat etc.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
I've played nine hours so far and I think I'm only about level three. Been so busy exploring and doing crafting that I've not really done much of the main quest yet other than keeping getting my arse kicked by the Restless Drauger (spl?) on the Golden Claw quest.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
anyone had it flickering btw ?
im getting black "bands" about an inch high, flickering up the screen

happens infrequently, isnt heat related, have most up to date drivers, and VSync off

any thoughts ? :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not had that. Did have everyone in the thieves lose their heads though. That may have been related to the broken quest though. I lost a good 3 hours gameplay because I had to load an older save to get an NPC to move to the correct location.

My bug is common on all formats, really pissed me off at the time. The quest name is "the pursuit" if anyone else gets stuck. I won't go into detail to avoid spoilers but if you get the bug then you have to re-load an old save and hope for the best. 4th from last quest.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
anyone had it flickering btw ?
im getting black "bands" about an inch high, flickering up the screen

happens infrequently, isnt heat related, have most up to date drivers, and VSync off

any thoughts ? :(

From what I've read I think that's related to having vsync turned off. There's a reason they have it on by default and only allow it to be changed via the .ini file! Personally I can't stand screen tearing in any game so always turn on vsync. In Skyrim the stuff about turning it off to improve the mouse speed is crap. You can tweak the sensitivity via the Controls page or in the .ini file and still leave it on.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I like talking to trainers to up my harder-to-level skills (like speechcraft) then pickpocketing all the cash back :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not thought of that! Have to say I am quite an honest thief so far, not really done much in the way of pilfering. Only just bought my first house to stash stuff though. Carrying around far too much junk.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just experienced something pretty cool.
Was walking through the country side as you do, I hear a howl thought oh a wolf looked around and there's 3 wolfs chasing down this poor fox bastards slaughtered the poor thing then turned their attention to an elk nearby and had that for dinner.

Pretty fucking awesome.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Not thought of that! Have to say I am quite an honest thief so far, not really done much in the way of pilfering. Only just bought my first house to stash stuff though. Carrying around far too much junk.

Pickpocketing is handy, theres a perk around 70 that gives you 100 extra carry weight :)

Also levels really quickly

Mabs

From what I've read I think that's related to having vsync turned off. There's a reason they have it on by default and only allow it to be changed via the .ini file! Personally I can't stand screen tearing in any game so always turn on vsync. In Skyrim the stuff about turning it off to improve the mouse speed is crap. You can tweak the sensitivity via the Controls page or in the .ini file and still leave it on.

aah i was reading things saying turn it OFF
i have forced it on, and will now try , ta for info !

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Mabs you'll hate me but the Daedric armour is apparently better than the dragon armour >< the heavy stuff atleast once its fully upgraded.

Mabs

ive been farming dragons, hence enough parts for 2 sets
the daedric armour needs , er, black metal stuff, AND daedric essence

ive seen none of either , so dragon works for me :D

Nate

FH is my second home
I found a bee in a jar in someones house, stole it and put it in mine :D Now whenever I go home I hear a buzz!

Also, left my faithful companion somewhere and can't remember where it was. I'm guessing the sewer, she must of done something to offend me.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
finally got the dragon armour made. hours of making stupid iron daggers :(
did an upgraded set for me and lydia. got 400 armour factor now :D
also, just hit lvl 25. Still dont think im near the "end" , working for the Legion doing stuff clearing out places, and going to the "wall".

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mabs/screenshot/596954040413727889

Im on over 500 armour atm with ebony and 1 piece daedra - oh and ironflesh :p

Actually falling behind on my resto levelling just cos I never take damage :(

Mabs

which companion you got? the house karl should go "home" afaik - the castle, or your house if you have it

if you have one of the random minions, no idea, they go "home" to pubs etc afaik

if it glitches, you should be able to use the fallout3 minion summon. which is :

prid <ref_id>
moveto player

you can find the persons ID from the wiki

not tried it, but should work, both are Gamebryo ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ohh, does that work for broken quest NPCs too? In case I run into another NPC that refuses to move.

Mabs

what it does is target the ID, which is a person, npc, anythign that exists already, uniquely
and then it moves it to in front of you.
can cause fuck ups obv, but if you moved named people etc, you might need to move them back

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom