Skyrim Remaster

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just rumour for now but supposed to be announced at E3, not sure what they can really add to it on the PC that mods can't, it more or less is in a permanent remaster state due to all the really HD mods. The only thing I can think of is that it's being remastered for consoles with mod support.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah read about it. Pretty pointless for PC and I doubt it will come anywhere near the quality of a modded PC version. There is rumour of a completely new Elder Scrolls game coming some time in 2017. It would be lovely if it was a new engine and not one stifled by consoles.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think it will be a new engine for the 2017 one, they seem to do like...

Elderscrolls on Engine X
Fallout on Engine X.1

Elderscrolls on Engine Y
Elderscrolls on Engine Y.1

So they seem to move on to a new engine after every 2 games, at least that's how it seems.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
60$ for a remaster of a 5 year old game that practically everyone with an interest in will have already played?

I don't get it.. :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That's what i don't get.. Almost everyone that is interested already own the game, and those that doesn't will just buy the legendary edition before the remaster is out, and they can't be all that many.

So unless they pull the "old" skyrim from all the stores no one will buy the remaster for $60. Not for only slightly improved graphics that you can get via mods (that probably look better anyway)...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
...but...it's free...

The cost for the new version is irrelevant and probably aimed more at peasants than gamers.

There are a lot more changes than just graphical upgrades, it opens up more options for modders so while current mods may well make the game look better, with a little work the mods can look even better (GPU and graphics memory usage being one of the major changes) The vast majority of existing mods should work out of the box, graphical upgrades can be further upgraded.

It will also be a bit of a tech test too I imagine, get a load of dev newbies to work on this before they crack on with the new Elder Scrolls games.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
idd! as Raven said the price isn't really relevant :p if you own Skyrim on Steam you get the remaster for free.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Nice, been wondering when I could preload it.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Just started pre-load. I might actually finish the main quest this time.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So many games coming out!!!

Dishonoured 2 next!!

From what i've seen through trailers, it's a huge turnoff the part where they teleport all around the place and does some weird magic stuff that kills everyone. Is it just me?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
From what i've seen through trailers, it's a huge turnoff the part where they teleport all around the place and does some weird magic stuff that kills everyone. Is it just me?
Waiting for reviews. Not seen trailers. Teleporting mobs?

leggy

Probably Scottish

I tend to avoid trailers for movies and games because they never seem to accurately reflect the final product anymore (did they ever?). I'm assuming it will be good because of the high standard which the first game set.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Really liked the first and if its more of the same then great. Not buying until I have seen a couple of reliable reviews though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Also, Bethesda have said that they will only release review copies the day before release from now on...which is a little worrying.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Tbh, I don't blame Bethesda for this and the reason I don't blame them is because soooo many review websites have fucking arse hurt fanboys writing for them, if its not call of duty it'll get a shit review or if they have a personal issue with the company it'll get a shit review. Bethesda have put out great shit over the years, literally doesn't phase me them doing this.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Thats the trouble with the interweb any jack the lad gets a website and calls himself a reviewer. Was more defined when you had to actually publish a magazine or something and was proper journalism.

So i cant say that its a bad thing . Just means waiting longer to see if you want it.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Tbh, don't need any pissy half-ass reviewers to check if a game is guud. What happened to the way we did it before, when we just bought a game just by looking at the back cover of the box at the store?

leggy

Probably Scottish
Tbh, don't need any pissy half-ass reviewers to check if a game is guud. What happened to the way we did it before, when we just bought a game just by looking at the back cover of the box at the store?

I remember doing this with my Atari Lynx. I had so many shit games for that. There were so many shit games for that.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I remember doing this with my Atari Lynx. I had so many shit games for that. There were so many shit games for that.

And they were damned expensive as well right? My first console was a Snes (scrub) and cartridges going for 60-70 euro a pop. I was damned lucky to find all the great titles - really it's a miracle.

Super Mario world, Zombies ate my neighbours, King Arthur, Super Metroid, Zelda etc.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Heh, everything costs more in Euro Land.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't blame Bethesda for this
I do. It's fucking awful.

I haven't done that since I was 8, when I learned very quickly that a quality review was invaluable to stop me pissing my money away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom