Skyrim Remaster

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
fump. that was the sound of the point, sailing over your head.

As PC gamers we expect a better experience than the peasants. That is why we game on PCs and not wanky antique tech.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I game on both. And will go to which ever works the best. Cut your nose off to spite your face tbh.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
But again...not even close to the point.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Well stop being obtuse and tell me what it is. Unless you get some devious pleasure out of my fumbling in the dark.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I want the best performance possible. Gameplay is the most important thing obviously...but its like a choice of watching the same film in 720 or 1080. Obvious choice is obvious.

I don't give a crap about consoles and there is little point comparing VHS to blueray but if you buy a blueray and get VHS quality then you would be pissed off.

Tip. Console is VHS, PC, Blueray.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I understand that i think maybe i was being obtuse in my answers. You would prefer to miss out on a gaming experience if it wasnt 60fps ultra quality on a pc.

Which is ofc your choice.

But if you can get thesame gameplay with lesser gfx etc then i am happy to take that.

This is why isay your cutting your nose to spite your face. Cause you would prefer not to experience the game than play it in the state you wish to.

You deny yourself the experience if it cant be what you dream. Much like a lot of people wish a game to be one thing and are disappointed when they dont get it and then demand it of the publisher.

Where as the publisher has released the game they envisioned. And you are disappointed that its not as you wish. Rather than accepting their offering as it is you diss it andwant better.

Again your perogative. But will lead to disappointments all over i think.

Its completely up to you. But as i said i take gameplay, smoothness, jerkiness, textures etc as not gameplay over the graphical experience.

Maybe is cause i remember horace and the spiders or chuckie egg. Everything is awesome. Compared.

:)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Kinda agree with Moriath tbh. Ive got an xbox one and a pc and am quite happy playing destiny or fifa on the xbox dont really care that i cant see every individual blade of grass on the pitch for instance.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah I get that. Which is fine. But if people want to play it on PC with better graphics (for the same gameplay experience) then it should work, or release delayed until it does. People should certainly be able to find out before it is released via reviews etc, before they stump up their hard earned.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Most of the early impressions reviews for Dishonoured are lauding the gameplay. It's a real shame that it appears broken on PC...however there's no mention yet of how bad the bugs really are. Metacritic USER reviews are hard to judge because most of the 0 scores come from the less intelligent who haven't figured out that gtx650 doesn't equal 4K Ultra settings.

I wish they'd delayed it but based on the number of Steam reviews already too many people are still pre-ordering games on trust alone.

I'm tempted to buy it in spite of this and use the 2hr refund rule.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Anyway...back to skyrim remaster. Installed a load of mods...still looks like a 5 year old game.

Completely pointless for PC gamers. And yes blah blah, gameplay blah blah. The gameplay hasn't changed from 5 years ago, same old, same old, graphics are creaking.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Of course a five year game with mods is relatively the same as a remastered game for consoles.

Would be silly to expect it was any better

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The 5 year old modded game is leagues ahead of the "new" version.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
64b shows potential though. if only they'd re-engined it. skyrim with cryengine3 or something would be amazeballs.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The 5 year old modded game is leagues ahead of the "new" version.

Yup, sadly though the old mods don't work with the new version (unless they've patched them since I looked last)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A fair amount of the utility mods seem to have been converted but overhauls not so much. I guess the modders aren't really interested in it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lets face it - it's why they gave it away free on PC.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Lets face it - it's why they gave it away free on PC.

Exactly (PC Version)

I've played it and I don't really see what all the bitching is about. The new console lot get to play a brilliant game (it was completely broken on PS3) and there's nice sun light now and god rays for that lower FPS experience.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The new console lot get to play a brilliant game (it was completely broken on PS3) and there's nice sun light now and god rays for that lower FPS experience.

They must be especially pleased by that amazing automatic slideshow feature that kicks in when there's a lot of graphical effects on the screen which enables them to really take in all the pretty...

It's fucking great! Saves them the trouble of taking screenshots that just use up space on their HD. :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Unmodded i get loads of gfx artifacts, on GTX980. Download some texture mod, and its fine, guess i have to look for achievement enabler mod like in fallout 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom