DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Surprisingly enough, outside of the gunard, Nigel is getting begrudgingly good press.

He gave his speech at the summit and everyone was like here we go, but deep down they know after laughing at him for years, he had fucked them all over and pulled off something they could only dream of.

How is that remotely surprising given most of the press were pro avoiding regulation of offshore banking at all costs Brexit?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Why would he think he could speak freely like that in a news studio of all places. He seems to think he's just having a natter with a pal but it's shady of Sky News (surprise) to release it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Anyway, on a brighter note, look at the pound positively roaring back to pre-referendum levels against the dollar. Look at it go! :D

Ke5uLXR.png

Last edited:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Counts more than 17 million ?

I think one informed (and a general chat too as you can see, not there to make political points AND from a Tory who should in theory be loving the escape from EU regulations on employers etc) decision is better than 17 million uninformed decisions.

Unless you're going to tell me that those 17 million people suddenly became informed purely due to the referendum.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They were desperately trying to *not* be informed with all the anti-expert rubbish.

Gwadien

They were desperately trying to *not* be informed with all the anti-expert rubbish.

Yep.

The only view that I respect from Brexit is to make decisions for ourselves, but even then, that's only respect, I don't agree with it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Already got mine, it is already in the governments hands due to driving license.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
"mindless, tiny band of lunatics who think we can have a glorious economic future outside the single market"

:D

@Raven / @Bodhi / @ECA / @Job / anyone care to comment?

Given I've always been a fan of the Norway option, which involves remaining in the Single Market, but having more say over things like agriculture, fishing policy and being able to set up trade deals with who the fuck we like, my comment would be....

Yes. And?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Given I've always been a fan of the Norway option, which involves remaining in the Single Market
Cool. So you're totes fine with freedom of movement & the ECHR then.

That's not so bad. That's just like being a member of the EU but with higher costs and less say than we used to have.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
An ex-chancellor's view tho. So perhaps a view that counts more than any random joe's.
We are not leaving the single market, that wouldn't be in anyone's interest, it will carry on as before, because we are far too big for them to impose tariffs, without tarrifs it is exactly the same, in fact what the fuck has it to do with the EU, I think over the next few years they are going to be reminded of the limits of their powers.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Cool. So you're totes fine with freedom of movement & the ECHR then.

That's not so bad. That's just like being a member of the EU but with higher costs and less say than we used to have.
Less say in the eu more say with other countries and our own laws.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I shop at Tescos, don't use their reward card though.

Free trade, normal relations...sidestep the EU, everyone realises you don't need a middleman.

Gwadien

I shop at Tescos, don't use their reward card though.

Free trade, normal relations...sidestep the EU, everyone realises you don't need a middleman.

See previous post about everyone becoming a trade expert because of the referendum.

You have no idea how it actually works, nor do I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom