Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, I thought the pixies decided.

What sort of idiotic question is that?

The reason nobody bothers voting for MEPs is because they are as much use as police commissioners, and enjoy a similar turn out at the polling booth as a result.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
27% share of a 34% turnout! Wow'a'roony, what a mandate!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Top comment from the Daily Mail:

"Done more than enough, you've saved this country. Well done Nigel!"

Saved the country from what exactly? Oh yeah, immigrants and brown people. Says everything about the DM readers.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes, because everyone who voted leave is a racist. Said everyone who struggles to dress themselves.

Also, "brown people" What has that got to do with Europe? Last time I checked "brown people" came from Asia and Africa, originally?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Saved the country from what exactly? Oh yeah, immigrants and brown people. Says everything about the DM readers.
That purile accusation was tired 17 years ago.
We will still let in thousands of immigrants without the slightest regard to their colour, it will be their skills and honesty that will matter.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its not a negative emotion, it was an honourable desire to convince the people of the UK that the EU was heading in the wrong direction and as an MEP, voted in by us, he of all people could see the workings first hand..I agree with his observations, what kind of plan could you have?
It is totally unknown territory, he asked us to take a leap and we did.
Are you saying he shouldn't have asked?
Thats the remains mantra, hear no evil..see no evil.

Of course you can have a fucking plan! The fact that no-one, including UKIP, ever thought that people would actually vote out, is the reason why there isn't a plan, not because planning was impossible.

There's blatantly a plan A that could be tabled around EFTA, but, because the vote was a mandate for xenophobia (don't argue, it was), the "easy" option is probably off the table, which will mean something more arm's length with Europe, but even in that scenario you can still plan, still create economic models. The only reason why there isn't is because no one ever thought Ir would be necessary

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What sort of idiotic question is that?

You made a statement that something was wrong with the EU - and that Farage was a "perfect example" of this:
Farage is actually a perfect example of what is wrong with the EU

Since Farage is a function of democratic voting by UK voters and NOT the EU then trying to clarify the basis for the statement you made is not "idiotic".

So, if it's not the democratic voting that makes Farage this "perfect example of what is wrong with the EU" - because, you know, you knew all along that WE voted for him, what exactly is it?

Job

A lot of people voted out of xenophobia, but the problem is that remainers are over sizing what brexit means, we are only leaving the rules and regulations.
We are still European, 90% of what is happening now will go on, in fact I would guess it will increase as the UK will relax many of the more cautious rules.
We will still need to follow EU rules for exporting goods.
It is practically symbolic, a buffer zone against tyranny.
But a very, very important brake on the EU's ambitions.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You made a statement that something was wrong with the EU - and that Farage was a "perfect example" of this:

Since Farage is a function of democratic voting by UK voters and NOT the EU then trying to clarify the basis for the statement you made is not "idiotic".

So, if it's not the democratic voting that makes Farage this "perfect example of what is wrong with the EU" - because, you know, you knew all along that WE voted for him, what exactly is it?

"we" didn't vote for him, 8% or so voted his lot in. Exactly what happens when mongs refuse to vote.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"we" didn't vote for him, 8% or so voted his lot in. Exactly what happens when mongs refuse to vote.
So, explain once more, how exactly is the UK population being to lazy to vote in a democratic election a "perfect example of what is wrong with the EU".

Come on @Raven. I still fail to notice anything that the EU did wrong here. It's a democratic vote, Farage got in, UK voter's fault. Explain your statement.

Or man up and retract it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Because people who have fuck all mandate are making decisions for everyone.

Honestly, its not that hard of a concept even for you.

Then when you further water it down by having some guy in Spain having a say because an equally tiny amount of Spaniards said he could, it makes it even more ridiculous.

We should vote for a single representative in each EU country, loosely based on the US senate who should debate and vote on key issues.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because people who have fuck all mandate are making decisions for everyone
Again - that's a fault of democracy. The exact same happens in the UK when we have low-turnout votes.

Explain how this is a "perfect example of what is wrong with the EU".

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its like talking to a child...

Edit. And actually, I didn't even say it was the EU's fault, I said it was what was wrong with the EU.

Once again you have got yourself upset and carried away and completely failed to read what was said.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
A lot of people voted out of xenophobia, but the problem is that remainers are over sizing what brexit means, we are only leaving the rules and regulations.
We are still European, 90% of what is happening now will go on, in fact I would guess it will increase as the UK will relax many of the more cautious rules.
We will still need to follow EU rules for exporting goods.
It is practically symbolic, a buffer zone against tyranny.
But a very, very important brake on the EU's ambitions.

The key issue is free movement of labour. If it wasn't for this, disengagement from the EU would be messy and expensive, but mutually convenient. Without that, the freedom to manoeuvre for both the UK and the EU is much trickier.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You're such a babyish tit @Raven. Is it that hard to admit that your statement was a load of bollocks?

It's nothing to do with the EU at all. It doesn't represent anything that's wrong with the EU. It's a question of voter apathy, nothing more - and you know it. So be a man and admit it*.

*if you do there's an outside chance I'd die of a heart attack.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
An analogy. Black and white TVs are shit for watching sky premiership football coverage on. Does not mean Sky coverage is bad it means the TV is bad.

A system of government basing its choices on the mandate of a tiny minority is broken, it does not necessarily mean the organisation is broken.

So when I say, Everything that is wrong with the EU is that the people making choices are the problem, I mean exactly that. Not that it is the fault of the EU, the EU as an organisation does not campaign and they do not and cannot force people to vote. At no point did I say that it was a fault of the EU.

You're wrong...again. Because you are frustrated...which is fine, we all get a little tetchy when we don't understand something simple. You can admit it if you like, or not. I don't really care if I am honest.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's not what you said at all. It's taken you a number of posts to come up with this "angle" you're now trying to play (which I've seen you do in other posts and other people call you on).

Fair enough. You were caught out but can't admit it. Meh.

throdgrain

FH is my second home

Sorry mate, but shame there isn't a "yawn" button :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's not what you said at all. It's taken you a number of posts to come up with this "angle" you're now trying to play (which I've seen you do in other posts and other people call you on).

Fair enough. You were caught out but can't admit it. Meh.
Arguements and discussions evolve over time. Seems you just want one point everytime and to not have the discussion move on.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, he just realised he was wrong so started to back fill with bollocks, as usual.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Then his party trick is to go quiet and not respond to the last counter-argument, hoping nobody will notice. It's happened *at least* 3 times in this thread alone.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its 71 pages ffs. I do more than sit on FH mashing F5 all day...

Besides, its simple English. At no point did I say what Scouse thinks I said, read the fucking sentence.

Jesus, however many pages of argument over a simple statement, mus-understood by a professional idiot.

I am quite happy to argue a point, but when I didn't even make that point its a bit daft.

Job

Surprisingly enough, outside of the gunard, Nigel is getting begrudgingly good press.

He gave his speech at the summit and everyone was like here we go, but deep down they know after laughing at him for years, he had fucked them all over and pulled off something they could only dream of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom