Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Well yeah but his parents gave him up for adoption, and he grew up in foster care before being adopted. He's definitely made something from a shit start in life.
He is the equivalent of Littlefinger in my eyes and makes my skin crawl in the same way.....

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Well yeah, if someone told you he was diddling kids you wouldn't be surprised.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Jeez, we could end up with a female in power both sides of the Atlantic...
I could see that the sex of the politician would trouble you more than the policies.

You never fail to be utterly arse-about-face on any subject at the moment.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well yeah but his parents gave him up for adoption, and he grew up in foster care before being adopted. He's definitely made something from a shit start in life.
Maybe that shit start has affected him more than is sensible. He wants to bring back hanging.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I could see that the sex of the politician would trouble you more than the policies.

You never fail to be utterly arse-about-face on any subject at the moment.
Someones having a bad day allready.

Anyway it seems that Teresa May is back tracking on leaving the EU humans rights in her campaign speech, which is bizarre on so many levels , I cant get my head around it.
What is becoming very clear from this referendum is that it was a complete waste of everyones time and that there are much larger forces at play, this is a watershed for the whole purpose of parliment, there is going to be some almighty shit going down over the next few months.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Frankly they can suck a dick. We have the rest of the world out there. The 16% (or whatever it is) can take second stage to the rest of the world.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He can plan all he likes. He has nothing to do with it, he is not an elected MP.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Frankly they can suck a dick. We have the rest of the world out there. The 16% (or whatever it is) can take second stage to the rest of the world.
Well it says it's an EU law so while the UK is still one of the 28 presumably it's bound by that law. If all of that is actually the case then the EU has the UK over a barrel and telling them to "suck a dick" wouldn't be productive in the long run I fear. Leaving is fair enough but the very last thing the country needs to do is piss off the EU. Waiting until you're free of one trading bloc before you can open negotiations with others makes sense on some levels but it would be helluva bad for the UK.

But at least they'll govern themselves right. :D

Embattle

FH is my second home
There will still be trade with the EU members no matter what the outcome.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I wonder how much truth there is in this: EU Trade Commissioner: No trade talks until full Brexit - BBC News

If there isn't a work-around or override it significantly increases the length of time of uncertainty.

I think she's talking nonsense. Since there's no precedent for this, there's no rules on the terms of negotiation either, other than its timing (and even that has options for extensions). Article 50 certainly isn't explicit about it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well it says it's an EU law so while the UK is still one of the 28 presumably it's bound by that law.

Citation needed. (we are talking post article 50)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I meant "it" as in the article and then I said If. I have no idea if it's true or not but I remember it being mentioned during "Project Fear". If it's true then it's a problem for the UK (although I don't see why they couldn't sneak around having informal talks with prospective trade partners in the meantime).

Job

Good god, everyone's acting like it's actually going to happen.
A remain PM, surrounded by remain MPs....hmmm...let's see.

Not a fucking chance, in fact we will end up with an even worse deal than we had before.
The EU is laughing at our pathetic democracy and our pathetic politicians

Ormorof

FH is my second home

The EU controls almost 20% of the global economic output for ~6% of the population

Yes there is 80% of the worlds wealth out there but it is spread much more thinly outside the EU and US markets

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
13507148_301690003508544_1582823483280506982_n.jpg

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Bloody hell.
Austrias supreme court equivalent just annulled their last election, giving their far right guy another shot at it.
He lost by 0.1% or less last time.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think she's talking nonsense. Since there's no precedent for this, there's no rules on the terms of negotiation either, other than its timing (and even that has options for extensions). Article 50 certainly isn't explicit about it.

I wouldn't count too much on that being complete nonsense, a lot of the remaining countries say the same thing. And just because there's no precedent for this doesn't mean UK can do this their way and in their own time. UK wants to wait with their final decision until they see what kind of deals they can make with EU.

But i highly doubt that they will be allowed to "pick all the raisins out of the cake" on this one.

And i'm utterly convinced that UK would demand the same thing if this was about any other EU country..

But wasn't the EU trade laws and regulations one of the things UK wanted to be rid of?

Most of the rest of the world (that are worth trading with at least) have partnership deals with EU that compels them to follow much of the same if not all trading laws and regulations as the membership countries do. They can't trade within EU if they don't.

And i'm not at all sure here but i think i read somewhere long ago that they still have to even when they negotiate trade deals with other countries that aren't members. Or at the very least not be obvious about breaking them...
I tried to search for info about it but i couldn't come up with a search term that google could provide accurate hits with..

but the very last thing the country needs to do is piss off the EU.

Too late.. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Most of the rest of the world (that are worth trading with at least) have partnership deals with EU that compels them to follow much of the same if not all trading laws and regulations as the membership countries do. They can't trade within EU if they don't.

Rubbish.

Job

Watching the Somme rememberance event, thats whst happens when politicians build empires and the people let them, voting brexit is an important thing in a way most remainers can't even grasp.

Job

Pesky FTSE ruining everyones fun by returning to highest since 2011.

Job

Sorry but Teresa is just too ugly to be PM.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
she surely has to be favourite shes probably the only one running with a chance who hasnt really upset anyone lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom