Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Burlusconi on wrong side of the populist vote for once.

Job

No wonder Italy went full anti iimmigration.
Even San Remo felt dodgy as fuck walking around the tourist areas.
Gangs of African Migrants wandering around stinking of skunk, it was like meeting a horde coming down the streets, I jumped into a shop and the owner pulled down the shutters.
The Utalians fucking hate the ME/NA migrants..Berlusconi promised to send them home..they wanted more than that it seems.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Modding and admin are unpaid... I call it evens.

You are still a twat, by the way.

Modding and admining what exactly? Are you absolutely sure you aren't taking credit for Deeb's work?

Pay your sub

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why come back after all this time only to be angry and prod at people @Raven?

You must have done something nice you can tell us about surely?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
At least there's no kings or queens who are absolutely useless, politics and tax-wise.
Not like we get any tourism money based on the pomp and pageantry....oh wait approx more than half a Billion a year! tbh I think they a pointless thing in the modern age, more theme park than practical but what the hell, the tourists love it and spend a shed load whilst looking at it. The last Royal Wedding brought in an extra 2 Billion GBP!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
British government braces for Unilever move to Netherlands - FT

Unilever's off.

On top of jaguar land rover saying it is fucked this week because of Brexit.

Unilever had two HQ's and want to go with 1. Hardly a company closing down operations in UK.

Read the article below it as well. London overtakes New York for investment for property of Norway's $1B Wealth fund. Based on, "global cities that are expected to grow in terms of numbers, employment and trade".

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not like we get any tourism money based on the pomp and pageantry....oh wait approx more than half a Billion a year! tbh I think they a pointless thing in the modern age, more theme park than practical but what the hell, the tourists love it and spend a shed load whilst looking at it. The last Royal Wedding brought in an extra 2 Billion GBP!

Bingo. The Royals may well be an anachronism, but they are a bloody profitable one.

Job

They are far far more than pure monetary, they ate a large part of our soft power in the world..in every country with Queenie as head of state or on the money there are large parts of those countries who want to keep it that way.
It is nearly always misplaced envy at their privilige...they have to be the upper class or it hardly works does it.

Job

Though he did make a gloriously ironic prediction of the EUs future.
One can only hope.

Job

Is this confused day.
He mistook my sarcasm for fact about Amerucas ruin, but in doing so pointed out the Empire collapsed, which I compared to the EU.
So...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't know what they *have* done, except for roll over on practically every point. Millions upon millions of pounds of taxpayers' money spent on the negotiation process and for what?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Even in my wildest dreams, I didn't think it was possible to make such a hash of Brexit. It would almost be better if they just did nothing, may the chips falls where they land!

None of this is remotely surprising, and the UK's weakness is only going to get more obvious. Which anyone with half a brain pointed out nearly two years ago.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
None of this is remotely surprising, and the UK's weakness is only going to get more obvious. Which anyone with half a brain pointed out nearly two years ago.
No no. That was project fear remember. 'Experts' and such. It will all be fine in the end. Land of rainbows and gumdrop houses etc...

In totally unrelated matters; what's the contractor market like in Dublin these days?

Job

Still not happening, these are the first kneadings of the fudge.

DaGaffer

In totally unrelated matters; what's the contractor market like in Dublin these days?

White hot. Of course any developer making the transition may have to accept living in a cardboard box for a while (cardboard box under a bridge is extra).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
White hot. Of course any developer making the transition may have to accept living in a cardboard box for a while (cardboard box under a bridge is extra).
Architect thanks :)

Property in short supply?

DaGaffer

Architect thanks :)

Property in short supply?

Seriously tons of IT work at all levels. Yes, property, especially rental, is both extortionate, limited and usually indifferent quality. It’s a real problem and it’s not just residential; the commercial property market can’t meet demand either. It’s one reason that Ireland won’t see the benefit of any FS exodus from the City; Dublin simply couldn’t accommodate an HSBC or even a Santander.

DaGaffer

Couldn't you just commute from Fingal?

I do! I live in Portmarnock, which is Fingal rather than Dublin City. Doesn’t really matter, there’s a housing shortage throughout County Dublin. You can commute from further out but commuter links are variable

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
One in 7 EU companies moves supply chain out of UK

One in seven European companies with UK suppliers has moved part or all of their business out of Britain, according to the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (Cips), which added that prices have risen since the Brexit vote and are likely to continue to rise.

As Britain and the EU27 agreed a transition deal to keep trading relationships within Europe unchanged until the end of 2020, a survey of over 2,000 supply chain managers by Cips showed that these commercial links are already being disrupted.

As well as the decision by EU companies to relocate their supply chains, a third of UK suppliers were found to have raised prices because of a weaker pound. Another 41 per cent plan future price rises to offset Brexit-related issues, such as diverging regulations and border costs.

There was also an increasingly negative attitude to UK suppliers among EU companies, the survey found, with 42 per cent of EU27 companies saying they did not think British products stood out from the crowd.

John Glen, an economist at Cips, said: “Businesses have little choice but to pass on some of their rising costs to consumers in order to protect their profit margins and stay in business.”

Despite the transition agreement struck in Brussels, he added that “a hard Brexit is currently the only scenario that companies can adequately prepare for due to a continuing lack of clarity around the future trading environment”.

Mats Persson, head of policy and trade at the consultancy EY, said the point of no return for many companies to get ready for Brexit had already passed.

“While this week’s transition period is a hugely welcome step, the question now is whether industry, particularly smaller suppliers, will be ready in time even with a 21 months transition, or whether 1 January 2021 is the new cliff edge,” he said.

One of the sectors most under pressure from the reshoring of activities is food and drink, where UK producers rely on products from the EU and the rest of the world.

Even assuming Britain signs a free-trade agreement with the EU27 to come into force in 2021, similar deals such as the EU agreement with Canada would not exempt UK processed food from EU tariffs because its ingredients contain too much non-UK materials to qualify.

Food-processing industries contribute 50 per cent more to the UK economy than the automotive sector and 70 per cent of its exports go to the EU, the industry said, warning of a threat to Britain’s food and national security.

Without much looser rules of origin than in existing EU free-trade agreements, Alex Waugh, director-general of the National Association of British and Irish Flour Millers, warned that food manufacturers still faced a “hidden hard Brexit” because not enough UK ingredients are produced domestically throughout the year.

“Producers may find themselves shut out of preferential trade between the EU and the UK” if Britain did not stay inside the EU customs union, said Mr Waugh.

In a separate report on Tuesday, the Institute for Fiscal Studies said leaving the customs union would enable Britain to lower tariffs and prices should fall, but noted that the gains from such action would be small.

Because the common EU tariff is already low, averaging 4.8 per cent before the EU’s trade agreements are taken into account, consumers were unlikely to see many gains in lower prices. Applying a zero-tariff assumption would see prices fall a maximum of 1.2 per cent, the IFS said, because only a quarter of spending is on imports.

Peter Levell, a senior research economist at IFS, said the potential gain “is not large when compared with the estimated 2 per cent increase in prices due to the sterling depreciation that followed the referendum result”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom