Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Seriously the new Army advert with the Muslim stopping to pray out on an exercise, they are all camouflaged up and he takes his off to put on a white prayer hat, the rest of the guys silence their radios to let him pray, then pat him on the back for good job done.
What the living fuck of bollocks are they expecting us to reach for here, I can only picture the reaction of 99% of the army and people likely to join.
Is this supposed to build bridges?
Are they suggesting the rest of his troop arent thinking..'for fucks sake'!
How far can people be patronised.
In case you havent seen it.

View: https://youtu.be/OQ4OoPNY_YM

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Shame it's not an advert having a pop at the wankers who sign up to kill people they've never met on the say so of a rich bloke they've never met (who hates them).

Murder's OK as long as it's religiously-inclusive I guess.

Job

Yeah how about an RAF Muslim fighter pilot dropping cluster bombs in Syria.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We no longer use them but we're getting hammered for supplying them to regimes that do (Saudi in Yemen for example).

Not long stopped. We used tgem extensively in Iraq.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Scouse is right, last time they were used was in Iraq during Desert Storm. Some of those were only the Runway/major road (jp233 and such) cutter versions, not the battlefield variants.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What's the facepalm for @Embattle? It's not as if I disagreed with you?

We don't use them, but we're one of the world's biggest arms manufacturers and have sold to tinpot regimes the world over. We don't make 'em any more (apparently), but there's nothing innacurate about what I wrote...

Embattle

FH is my second home
You're quite right but the facepalm is for your typical/usual attempt to obfuscate, even worse towards something Job claimed which was factually wrong.

Just to clarify something on what I consider a pointless comment, the Saudi UK sourced cluster bombs come from the 80s and when we sold them we naturally weren't part of CCM (2010) and Saudi Arabia isn't part of it and probably won't be for a long time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You're quite right but the facepalm is for your typical/usual attempt to obfuscate, even worse towards something Job claimed which was factually wrong.
I know I'm right. Otherwise I wouldn't have questioned the facepalm. :) But I wasn't attempting to obfuscate (at all - and I disagree that it's at all typical) - I was merely pointing out that we've form for it.

Yeah, we've stopped producing them - not as long ago as the 80's tho as we were dropping them ourselves a decade or so ago. And yep, we sold loads to the Saudi's in the 80's but I've not seen anything that says the ones they were dropping weren't newer - and that particular controversy kicked off only a year or so ago, so pretty current.

So, whilst I'm not defending Job's abject fuckwittery, it'd be easy for him to assume we were still up to our dirty tricks - and it's still an interesting talking point.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't know why you say I'm going "sideways". I brought up the fact that war is murder before job's response. It's all bang on-topic.

Is it the fact that you don't like someone having a pop at the fact that the UK isn't squeaky clean? That we continue to sell arms to Saudi Arabia?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What a cunt.

We're going to have a "race to the top" of global standards once we leave the EU?

We don't need to leave the EU to do that. We can do that now. EU sets minimum standards - we're perfectly able to exceed them should we desire. So why don't we do that right now eh?

Could be that he's lying through his teeth?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I find it funny that on multiple comedy panel shows David Davis Davies Davidson has been called 'stupid' multiple times, not as in he's made stupid mistakes.

But as in he is not very clever.

Job

May on the Schofield show...I mean good god, with all the will in the world, at the time we need the strongest leader since the war, we have someone on the verge of a mental breakdown.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
May on the Schofield show...I mean good god, with all the will in the world, at the time we need the strongest leader since the war, we have someone on the verge of a mental breakdown.
She's fucking useless and power hungry.

Job

Ok..Ive just blitzed the Cote de Azure, from Marseille to Menton.
It is quite simply stunning of course, the buildings...which we styled for them...palm trees, mountains, gorgeous, classy women, fantastic food.
So why are the French so miserable?
They rate their happiness at the bottom of Europe everyear.
I believe they just dont know how to party..they stuff their faces and go home, Cannes was deserted at 9pm.
If the Brits owned the Med coast it would be Magaluf...oh yeah..thats the problem.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ok..Ive just blitzed the Cote de Azure, from Marseille to Menton.
It is quite simply stunning of course, the buildings...which we styled for them...palm trees, mountains, gorgeous, classy women, fantastic food.
So why are the French so miserable?
They rate their happiness at the bottom of Europe everyear.
I believe they just dont know how to party..they stuff their faces and go home, Cannes was deserted at 9pm.
If the Brits owned the Med coast it would be Magaluf...oh yeah..thats the problem.

The French entertain at home a lot and Cannes is mad expensive. It only really comes alive at this time of year when there are festivals on. Place is set up for that. I used to love going to Milia this time of year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I find the whole costal med (France > Spain) excruciatingly ugly tbh. There's bits that are nice but in general it's just a horribly overdeveloped eyesore for me.

Gwadien

I stayed in a house on the Loire river a few years ago.

It was only a small town but it was Bastille Day.

Best firework display and atmosphere I've ever seen - none of it is forced and artificial everyone wants to be there doing all sorts of shit.

Job

I tried to drive to Isola2000 ski resort, jesus the roads, it was fricking terrifying, firstly it dropped to -2, ice warning on the dash, ice warnings on the roadside displays.
1000ft drops, only us on the road.
After two hours of hairpins ended up in a mountain top resort, the guy there said turn back as it was going to get even worse.
The missus didnt talk to me the whole next day.

Gwadien

Theres a new thing I've noticed going around saying that Poland has lowered their retirement age to 60 (when that's only for women and men are still 65).

The only reason that they could afford it (aparrently) is because the UK pays for it.

Perfect piece of propaganda hitting the perfect age group who would be concerned about this (ie people approaching retirement.)

I personally can't wait until we leave the EU and Poland has their retirement age to 80 and the UK lowers theirs to 48.

Oh no wait, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom