Embattle

FH is my second home
Ironic I was going to comment on that advert since I've seen it a number of times and reported it to the ASA.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ironic I was going to comment on that advert since I've seen it a number of times and reported it to the ASA.
That's hilarious :ROFLMAO:

You're so butthurt that you can't take a little (factual) gentle ribbing and are *so* angry that you've gone to a regulator to try to censor it so your poor little mind doesn't have to see it any more!

Fucking funny! It's made my morning that :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Rather than just disagree @Embattle - why not tell us on what grounds the advert is so disgraceful that you've been emotionally and intellectually moved enough that you physically took action in an attempt to have it banned?

All I can see is a tongue-in-cheek ad with lovely sentiment (together forever) and a scientific fact about our genetic heritage.

Why so outraged? :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lol what possible (serious) grounds could someone have for reporting that advert?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Maybe the fact it says we are leaving Europe at the end...we are not on any level leaving Europe, we are leaving the EU and the EU is not on any level Europe.
Its not just being pedantic, it is quite clearly wrong and is put there to give the impression Britain is rejecting the continental European peoples.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's a tongue-in-cheek comedy advert for a genetic testing company @Job, not a serious fucking commentary on Brexit.

Get a grip Brexiteers!

Job

Yeah. Yeah...its an advert for Kellogs, it doesnt need 3 mixed race couples, two nigerians a gingered haired kid and a transvestite...oh hang on it does.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. Yeah...its an advert for Kellogs, it doesnt need 3 mixed race couples, two nigerians a gingered haired kid and a transvestite...oh hang on it does.
I don't understand what you're trying to say there.

It's an advert for Ancestry - via DNA testing. It necessarily has people from all over Europe - because they're our genetic ancestors. It's where we came from, genetically speaking. So it's nothing to do with PC-ness - it's just factual.

So, your problem is what, exactly?

Job

Exactly as stated, it says in the end text, leaving Europe...we are not.
They can't have it both ways, ultra PC , minutely managed for all , then casually have ago at Brexit with a lie.
It SHOULD say, we are leaving the EU, but Europe is not leaving us.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
OK, I can't say I applaud your pedantism (it's ridiculous in the extreme) but I understand it. (Though your kellogs diatribe is woeful on so many levels).

At least you've got the balls to defend your swivel-eyed loonery unlike @Embattle who actually complained to the ASA about it. (And probably set their office laughing when they received his complaint). :)

Job

Fear of offensive and inclusivity is written into law for adverts, except when it covers brexit and the libs get a free pass to have a dig based on a constructed lie.
If that lie was about anything else the ASA would be all over it.
Who knows...maybe they will.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fear of offensive and inclusivity is written into law for adverts, except when it covers brexit and the libs get a free pass to have a dig based on a constructed lie.
If that lie was about anything else the ASA would be all over it.
Who knows...maybe they will.
Rabid mongery.

1) What's offensive about it?
2) What's not inclusive about it?
3) The terms Europe and the EU are completely interchangeable in terms of Brexit and loads of people use them as such, so your pedantry is misplaced.

Job

Thats exactly the problem, remainers use Europe as the EU to reinforce the idea that we are being little Englanders, and adverts like that, that are subconsciously supporting that myth.
It is vitally important that the distinction is made, it is fundamental to our future relationship.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thats exactly the problem, remainers use Europe as the EU to reinforce the idea that we are being little Englanders, and adverts like that, that are subconsciously supporting that myth.
You're the embodiment of the little englander. It's vital to you maybe, but half the country doesn't give a fuck.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It is vitally important that the distinction is made, it is fundamental to our future relationship.

Oh for fuck's sake. Its a pathetic argument. The EU is Europe. Even the countries that aren't in the EU either want to be or have an integral relationship with it. Only the UK sees itself as apart from that, and the UK historically always has. Not the EU, Europe.

As for this ad, Jesus, grow the fuck up. Your walking into decades of economic privation and you've got a sandy vagina about an ad? Maybe you'd prefer it if it was an ad that offered £350m a week for the NHS, seems giant lying billboards are more your thing than a bit of humour.

Job

The EU is not Europe, and jesus fuck the very idea, it's a power base for France and Germany to keep their dominance over the continent.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You've used the phrase "leave/leaving Europe" in this very thread so don't start getting all uppity, acting as if you've been wronged by this awful, horrible advert that had to use Europe otherwise their tagline at the end wouldn't have worked as well as it did.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ignoring @caLLous' point @Job? Let me reinforce it for him:
The reason we should leave Europe is because...
Really...leaving Europe ...
lul at this one:
I actually hope we vote no to leaving Europe
Leave Europe , send all brown people home and open Britain as the last white country museum....

So. The phrase "leaving Europe" is, from your own mouth, not a problem. Everyone knows what it means.

DaGaffer

The EU is not Europe, and jesus fuck the very idea, it's a power base for France and Germany to keep their dominance over the continent.

Take your dribbling paranoia and just fuck off. I'm bored with your bullshit and all the other fucking idiots like you.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
How to appeal to right wingers;

'I am going to reduce immigration by a random 6 figure number.'

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
How to appeal to left-wingers;

"Free stuff! Free Stuff! Everybody gets free stuff!!21

hur dur hur.

Job

Ignoring @caLLous' point @Job? Let me reinforce it for him:

lul at this one:

So. The phrase "leaving Europe" is, from your own mouth, not a problem. Everyone knows what it means.
Well you got me there, though it hardly matters on an obscure forum, but I was guilty of using that wording obviously and now Ive learnt to be more politically correct.

Job

Take your dribbling paranoia and just fuck off. I'm bored with your bullshit and all the other fucking idiots like you.
Ok, so the noble aims of the EU project....just a happy coincidence that it basically enshrines in law the total European domination by the two countries that started it.

DaGaffer

Ok, so the noble aims of the EU project....just a happy coincidence that it basically enshrines in law the total European domination by the two countries that started it.

Sure it does. Care to give examples? Never mind that France and Germany weren’t the “two countries that started it” so you’re wrong right out of the blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom