Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You proclaimed 'certainty' when you can't.

Their situation is clearly uncertain and shit is happening to them because of this uncertainty (as @DaGaffer (and others)) have evidenced.

The only one living a fantasy here is you.

Anyone with any sense is certain, so not people who have to be provided with an opinion in lieu of their own.

It is a certainty, like it or not.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
lol, thick person in reverting to type shocker :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What else is there to do but facepalm you when you're making such ridiculous posts? He's probably fed up trying to explain what is a pretty basic concept (to everyone else) to you. Just because you're personally certain of something (which is really easy to say after the fact), that doesn't make the situation of people who are actually affected by it certain. You can be as sure as you like that something's going to happen, it doesn't mean it's actually going to happen so there's uncertainty. You being an absolute legend and calling it all along has no bearing on the actual outcome.

If you can't see that then you really shouldn't be throwing around insults about peoples' intelligence because something something glass houses.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No, I have given reasons as to why.

He has said "omg nooooo, waaaaa"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've been posting on the uncertain nature of EU national's status, with links and examples, since the vote.

@DaGaffer posted loads. @BloodOmen brought an example from his actual life.

@Raven says "I think this" and actually believes that because he thought it in his own head that he's right.

Sorry chaps. We should all pack up because we're thick (with me being the thickest, ofc.). Blood - your Belgian missus is also thick - for being worried because Raven is certain about things (in his head) and he's the final arbiter of justice, don't cha know...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No, not thick (that's just you) just misinformed by, likes the sound of their own voice, thick people (like you)

Look, it doesn't really matter what has got you panicked this week, there is no question at all as to whether EU nationals will be able to stay or not, they will. When it is officially announced as part of the final deal, after everything has been negotiated, you can pretend you were right all along, even though you aren't.

To remove them would cost billions, immediately and to repair the damage. It is not going happen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
there is no questions at all as to whether EU nationals will be able to stay or not, they will.
ALL of them?

If that's the case, why haven't we written that into law to provide certainty for them?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I dunno, perhaps because we are still in the EU and can't?

Maybe?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I dunno, perhaps because we are still in the EU and can't?

Maybe?
Lol

1) You answered half the question. All of them?
2) The UK has unilateral rights to guarantee EU citizens status post-brexit. We can say, regardless of the EU, "you guys are fine, don't worry - if you're here now you and your families can stay".

You're being deliberately disingenuous. But hey ho. What's the point arguing with someone who holds a religious-style belief...

But from your link:
Applying for settled status
EU citizens and their family members in the UK will need to apply to get their status document. Getting this status will prove (for example, to employers or public service providers) that they have permission to continue living and working here in future.

APPLYING for settled status. So they have to apply, and the outcome is not certain - as has been shown in many many cases so far. So it's fucking uncertain for them, capiche?

And more shit - from the governments mouth (and link you provided):
"The Home Office will provide support to ensure your application isn’t turned down because of simple errors or omissions. We will contact you where it appears a simple omission has taken place and help you fix it. We will also let you know if you need to provide more evidence, before a decision is made.

So people have enough time to apply, the scheme will remain open for applications for a considerable period, at least 2 years, after the UK leaves the EU. During this period your rights in the UK will be protected. If you apply under the scheme, but don’t receive a decision before the end of this period, you can continue living here until the decision is made."
Pretty black and white that you're wrong. Totally wrong, eh Raven?

Edit: Your other link doesn't specifically provide anything about the employment status on EU citizens - but their highlight article, the one in bold - the guest blog from Adam Marshall - Director General, British Chambers of Commerce - says this, explicitly:
Raven's stated source of authoritative fact - not the guardian said:
And yet, nearly a year after the referendum, the most pressing Brexit-related issue remains the uncertainty around the status of existing EU workers in the UK[/quote]

Unlike you @Raven, I read the articles on the links I post.

So, as these are your sources, are you prepared to be a man and admit you're wrong? Or just rage more?

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
And they can turn around and say, but we won't do that.

Which would mean we have hundreds of thousands of people returning over night with no jobs and nowhere to live.

Actually think for once, you absolute moron.

Its like a question on applying for a driving license. Can you see? Yes = you get one, No = you don't get one.

If you have been here for X amount of years, you can stay. End of.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its still not going to happen...so whatever.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sure, when you answer my direct questions on why you think the UK population is more right wing than the German population.

Tag me when you have done so, ta.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nah. It's OK. I think it's been conclusively demonstrated (by your own hand and your own links) that you're clearly utterly wrong.

I never understand men that, when presented with clear evidence, have a problem with turning round and saying "oh really? My bad. I was wrong. Wow. Oh well"...

It's especially bizarre in this case as it's the evidence you provided yourself.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Look, you don't understand how government or law works, that's fine, few people do.

I mean, you think that rather than pass something through law, ie, debated, ratified etc etc Theresa May should turn around and just say in the press, yeah mates, its fine, free-for-all, we'll sort the deats out later, toot-toot.

Fuck'in hell, its a good job you don't vote.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Look, you don't understand how government or law works, that's fine, few people do.
I bow before your superior intellect. As does everyone else arguing against the bloke who shot his own argument in the foot by not reading his own links.

I mean, you think that rather than pass something through law, ie, debated, ratified etc etc Theresa May should turn around and just say in the press, yeah mates, its fine, free-for-all, we'll sort the deats out later, toot-toot.
You don't think putting legislation through parliament guaranteeing the rights of EU citizens in the UK post-brexit would have been a doddle - considering Labour have been trying to amend the brexit bill do do exactly that?

Fuck'in hell, its a good job you don't vote.
Fuck'in hell, it's a good job you lack all empathy or you might for a second feel bad that the rates of EU citizens being deported from the UK has jumped since brexit.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hmmm... so I have decent qualifications and hold down a senior professional job, have a decent understanding of law too and yet I am still sitting here thinking @Raven is being a thick moronic cunt in this discussion.

Higher intellect? I don't think he has.

Raven, stop being such a tool.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Exactly, i couldn't put a card between Scouse and Raven, they are both smartasses.

Ravens more,fuck it I'm right.
Scouse gets his bullet points out and repeats till you've posted a dissertation on each one.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Love it @caLLous:
The psychological phenomenon of illusory superiority was identified as a form of cognitive bias in Kruger and Dunning's 1999 study "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments".

The identification derived from the cognitive bias evident in the criminal case of McArthur Wheeler, who robbed banks with his face covered with lemon juice, which he believed would make it invisible to the surveillance cameras. This belief was based on his misunderstanding of the chemical properties of lemon juice as an invisible ink

:)

Himse

FH is my second home
What do you all think about the current Carillion situation? Seems to be some mumbles of Brexit causing the problem from the bosses etc.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What do you all think about the current Carillion situation? Seems to be some mumbles of Brexit causing the problem from the bosses etc.
Much as though Brexit is turning everything shit, I'd say that's a crap excuse. Mismanagement caused it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Yeah, I'm not going to worry about what some social abomination that still lives with his mum thinks, but OK

I mean, you can question my intelligence if you like, I can question whether you have ever had a human relationship.

Its fun.

So far, I have stated my opinions and backed them up with non-agenda driven publications, all you fuckwits have done is backed up your opinion with someone elses. I mean, it doesn't actually make any difference whatsoever that logically, booting out EU nationals would be catastrophic to pretty much every industry.

Now I realise that doesn't fit with what you have fed on in your echochamber, unlucky.

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So far, I have stated my opinions and backed them up with non-agenda driven publications, all you fuckwits have done is backed up your opinion with someone elses. I mean, it doesn't actually make any difference whatsoever that logically, booting out EU nationals would be catastrophic to pretty much every industry.

Now I realise that doesn't fit with what you have fed on in your echochamber, unlucky.
If you think the 5 people (off the top of my head) who have all independently said that your posts over the past few pages make you look a bit thick are all wrong, then what I linked is even more applicable than I thought.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah, I'm not going to worry about what some social abomination that still lives with his mum thinks, but OK

I mean, you can question my intelligence if you like, I can question whether you have ever had a human relationship.

Its fun.

You mean you made an easily disproved statement, and then tried to reframe it when you were called on it and hoped no one would notice. Bravo. Genius.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Its fun.

Oh DO shut up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom