Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I was being sarcastic about the captain obvious of it.

Xenophobia brought on by mass immigration..then the liberals peeped over the fences of their walled communities and were surprised to find that changing entire towns into baghdad markets might come back and bite even them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. It's the "fault" of immigration rather than a problem with xenophobes...

Job

Yeah. It's the "fault" of immigration rather than a problem with xenophobes...
Yes..just like its the walls fault for being there when you crash into it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes..just like its the walls fault for being there when you crash into it.
So immigration is the unavoidable wall and you're the cunt who can't operate brakes, right?

Job

Nice try..the cunts were Blair and Merkel.

Job

Fucking Russian meddling seriously...is this shit a joke.

Job

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Job

Brexit will never be fully implemented and well never pay the bill, it will have doubled in 5 years anyway as costs spiral in the empire building of the EU.
A sound bite here..backhander there, vanity projects, big announcements, lots of backslapping...carry on as before.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Devil is in the detail, as ever. If it is that figure in lieu of our normal contributions, then it's 4 years payments for 3 years of membership, which is acceptable given the circumstances. If it's on top of, then yes May is an imbecile.

I'd love to see a breakdown on how that was worked out though. Suspect we'll be waiting a while on that one.
It may be in the detail but the point is that when this started people with a clue were speculating that 50 billion is exactly what the EU was after.

Before the EU Brexiteers all insisted there would be no payment. Since then Davis & Co have been upping the figure every now and then until here we are. Exactly what the EU was after. No concession at all.

Which isn't surprising. We've invoked article 50, the clock is ticking and we will lose more from no deal than the EU will.

Fucking clueless cunts.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Devil is in the detail, as ever. If it is that figure in lieu of our normal contributions, then it's 4 years payments for 3 years of membership, which is acceptable given the circumstances. If it's on top of, then yes May is an imbecile.

I'd love to see a breakdown on how that was worked out though. Suspect we'll be waiting a while on that one.
Saw a bit of a breakdown of the 50 billion that suggested payments related to 2019 onwards which suggests it’s on top of the payments for transition period.

Job

Its hardly going to end there, we can just add up what the EU owes us for juztaboutfuckineverything and take it off the bill.

Bodhi

It may be in the detail but the point is that when this started people with a clue were speculating that 50 billion is exactly what the EU was after.

Before the EU Brexiteers all insisted there would be no payment. Since then Davis & Co have been upping the figure every now and then until here we are. Exactly what the EU was after. No concession at all.

Which isn't surprising. We've invoked article 50, the clock is ticking and we will lose more from no deal than the EU will.

Fucking clueless cunts.

Really? As I distinctly remember back in May those "with a clue" (well, it was reported in the Independent anyway) was more likely to be near to €100 million, so you could argue the figure we've ended up with is right in the middle of the two.

But no, I'm not surprised there was little compromise from the EU, as I don't think they know the meaning of the word. If they did, Cameron may have got a reasonable deal to avoid this referendum in the first place.

The thing is though, I have heard absolutely nothing from the EU since we voted to Leave that has made me think it's a terrible idea. Especially nonsense like Barnier was coming out with yesterday, trying to use the war against ISIS against us. Their attitude throughout this whole thing has been "It's not us, it's you". Personally if I was running a bureaucratic monolith and one of my biggest contributors narrowly voted that they had had enough, I'd be quite keen to see what we could do to change their mind.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Really? As I distinctly remember back in May those "with a clue" (well, it was reported in the Independent anyway) was more likely to be near to €100 million, so you could argue the figure we've ended up with is right in the middle of the two.

But no, I'm not surprised there was little compromise from the EU, as I don't think they know the meaning of the word. If they did, Cameron may have got a reasonable deal to avoid this referendum in the first place.

The thing is though, I have heard absolutely nothing from the EU since we voted to Leave that has made me think it's a terrible idea. Especially nonsense like Barnier was coming out with yesterday, trying to use the war against ISIS against us. Their attitude throughout this whole thing has been "It's not us, it's you". Personally if I was running a bureaucratic monolith and one of my biggest contributors narrowly voted that they had had enough, I'd be quite keen to see what we could do to change their mind.

Bullshit. The 60bn figure has been the one bandied about for months. Along with lots of Boris Johnson "they can whistle for it" nonsense.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
mmm. But everyone normal has accepted that ~50 billion would be about right to cover obligations and a continued use of services in a formal exit.

So exactly what was expected by everyone not easily startled.

Job

It quite simply shows that our annual 'bill' for being in the Ponzi scheme was only a small part of our commitments, we signed up to hundreds of billions worth of projects, are these worthy projects, nothing wrong with dipping in to help Europe as long as its something sensible, I tend to doubt that. and I tend to be suspicious of their accounting.
But if they want us to pay and not get the benefits, well thats fucking ridiculous and about time we threatened to pull the plug on our defence of the continent, let them play with Russia by themselves..using the French....sniggers.
Then they can go fuck themselves for our intelligence..largest spy base in the world.....

Bodhi

DaGaffer

You might want to tell The Independent then:

Brexit 'divorce bill' could go up to €100bn after fresh demands from EU member states

I mean it's from The Independent so probably has no basis in reality, but to say the €100bn figure is bullshit is, well, bullshit.

Of course you could find an individual news story to "prove" it was 100bn, but the figure under discussion in most of the media for the last year has been 50-60 billion. Do a search on "Barnier 50bn" for last Jan-Feb, and that's the number coming from the EU in all the press reports.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
...and the number agreed sounded about right...

It's a non-story, picked up by people who appear to want it to all go wrong, for whatever reason.

DaGaffer

...and the number agreed sounded about right...

It's a non-story, picked up by people who appear to want it to all go wrong, for whatever reason.

No, its not a non-story. They have a fixed two years to sort out their future relationship with Europe and have wasted nearly a year of that fucking around about a bill they've ended up paying pretty much exactly what the EU asked for in the first place, because the EU did some first year infant school arithmetic and UKGov ran out of fingers and didn't want to take its shoes off. Its important because it shows just how fucking weak their bargaining position is, and how crap their negotiating skills are.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Except we haven't agreed exactly what the EU wanted from the start, have we...there is plenty that the EU "wanted" that they won't get (an absolute fuck-ton) along with that ~50bil. The 50bil that everyone without a mental issue said would be paid, from the start.

Edit, officially we haven't agreed anything, yet though, so....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom