Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I hate to spoil your fun, but he dies sorta have a point..obviously its different, but once you staet making exceptions...Yorkshire, Cornwall next.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I hate to spoil your fun, but he dies sorta have a point..obviously its different, but once you staet making exceptions...Yorkshire, Cornwall next.

Fucking hell, you feeling alright? isn't this one of the harbingers of the apolcalypse? Job agreeing with a Muslim!?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well none of them are nations, even the nations have little direct input over what is being discussed due to the fact they fall under parliament sovereignty.

Naturally however with May being so weak in parliament and requiring help from groups like the DUP to get things through means they could explode any final agreement and if it wasn't them it would be someone else since I believe any final vote in parliament will be a vote on the complete package, in essence a take it or leave it type vote.

I've said for a while now I just can't see all these obstacles being overcome, there are enough political parties, people, groups, sectors, organisations, etc, etc. who have different requirements and interest's in the UK alone that makes a so called hard brexit more likely and that is even before you consider the EU side. So if I was the head of a company I would already be well into my planning for a hard brexit.

The whole thing and most the repetitive discussions on it are quite boring and mainly pointless, what will be will be.

Job

Fucking hell, you feeling alright? isn't this one of the harbingers of the apolcalypse? Job agreeing with a Muslim!?
It is at least about London and its inhabitants, which is what he was voted in for.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Seems deal is off, DUP showed May who is calling the shots it seems

Job

Yup..you stupid Labour voters, this whole thing would be going so muxh better if you hadnt voted for the geriatric trotsky.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Seems deal is off, DUP showed May who is calling the shots it seems

The DUP, who explicitly said last week, "no deal that creates a special zone for NI". The Tories ignore that and press ahead with exactly that anyway. Are they:

a. Incompetent?
b. Insanely arrogant?
c. Living in a parallel universe?
d. All of the above?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
They’ve really made a special cunt of this whole thing haven’t they?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
May must hate being a lapdog for the DUP because she's a fucking power hungry cunt.

So they can crack on with a hard brexit which will fuck the country beyond compare (which is exactly why Davis won't release studies showing exactly that) or they can just stop the whole thing (which can be done, from the bloke that wrote article 50 in the first place)

I don't think it will be stopped but I'd say May is running out of options now and despite the country suffering from this whole fiasco, i'm enjoying watching her fucking squirm.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Clearly what the UK need is another general election. No catering to the whims of minor regional coalition partners!

That said, I wonder what would happen if parliament voted to kick NI out of GB. That would be an amusing debate, assuming the Queen would allow it.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Can't you do a 'rollback'? Sort of like when you update something you really didn't mean to do, and go back to the state as it was before, pre Brexit..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, that wasn't the democratic decision. It wasn't working and the old boys club didn't want to change it.

So, out ;)

Anyway, at this point I would prefer to just give NI back to ROI.

DaGaffer

Anyway, at this point I would prefer to just give NI back to ROI.

So would most people in Britain apart from a few Rangers fans. And that's the problem. The DUP are fucking terrified of a united Ireland, because....something, something...Pope... antichrist...something, and they see any special status for NI with the EU as another inevitable step on the road. But this isn't a surprise; they were really, really clear about it, and May just completely ignored them. I detest the DUP, but I can't blame them for slapping May down hard. She totally deserved it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
This was never solvable. The UK public were told they could vote for a square circle and now the government is being asked to produce it.

DaGaffer

This was never solvable. The UK public were told they could vote for a square circle and now the government is being asked to produce it.

It is solvable. EFTA model.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It is solvable. EFTA model.
They were told we could make our own trade deals, have no non-UK laws and have complete control over every aspect of immigration policy.

And it wouldn't cost us a penny, wouldn't take any effort to negotiate, would be just as frictionless as EU membership, we wouldn't lose access to anything, we wouldn't lose any institutions and we'd get a daily blow-job.

It's a square circle with purple veins on.

DaGaffer

They were told we could make our own trade deals, have no non-UK laws and have complete control over every aspect of immigration policy.

And it wouldn't cost us a penny, wouldn't take any effort to negotiate, would be just as frictionless as EU membership, we wouldn't lose access to anything, we wouldn't lose any institutions and we'd get a daily blow-job.

It's a square circle with purple veins on.

Actually we weren’t told any of that as an election promise. It’s not in anyone’s manifesto promise anywhere, including the Tories. No-one has had a vote on the shape of Brexit other than “leave the EU”. The Tories themselves have chosen a hard Brexit, because they want to, not because they have to.

Job

Firstly NI isnt just the DUP, so all this talk is boloks, secondly 90% of the crap in the media is bolaks, just agenda driven overstated, divert the attention boloks.
It is the EU.being the useless pile of shit it is in plain sight, dragged out agreements, endless issues, a thousand cooks spoiling the broth.
Europe will NEVER be united unless it through military or economic might, it is descending into camps right now, just a fuckfest of polarised opinions, rising nationalism and distrust.
The remainers camp here is convinced that the EU is some safe harbour of progressive liberalism.
It is soooo far from that.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Firstly NI isnt just the DUP, so all this talk is boloks, secondly 90% of the crap in the media is bolaks, just agenda driven overstated, divert the attention boloks.
It is the EU.being the useless pile of shit it is in plain sight, dragged out agreements, endless issues, a thousand cooks spoiling the broth.
Europe will NEVER be united unless it through military or economic might, it is descending into camps right now, just a fuckfest of polarised opinions, rising nationalism and distrust.
The remainers camp here is convinced that the EU is some safe harbour of progressive liberalism.

The EU is useless because the UK government is in shambles?

Job

No..its just as useless all by itself.
Lets face facts here, we left the EU because of EU policies, it wasnt an internal revolt.
Mein Merkel sealed the deal in her position of Queen of the EU by letting in migrants, plus talk of cuddling up to Turkey...which was just fucking ludicrous as events have shown.
They have alienated most of Eastern Europe; destroyed Greece, lost the UK and handed massive power gains to the far right.
Not bad for a mornings work.

DaGaffer

It’s entirely the DUP because the Tories need their votes in Parliament. If May hadn’t fucked up the election the government would completely ignore the DUP and there’d be no issue. This is nothing to do with the EU and everything to do with The state of U.K. politics.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
May is fucking this, hard, it should never have been like this.

It was never going to be simple, not this difficult though.

but Jesus, she is useless beyond belief. She needs to resign and we need a general election, now.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I bet that hatchet face bitch is regretting that billion pounds to the bigots now.

She could tear up the agreement, that would be grand.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I bet that hatchet face bitch is regretting that billion pounds to the bigots now.

It was May's decision to interpret Leave the EU as Leave the Single Market and Customs Union. The DUP were never going to allow NI to become a lesser part of the UK and ROI with EU's backing were never going to accept a hard border. If she didn't see this coming then she is pretty dumb.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Yup..you stupid Labour voters, this whole thing would be going so muxh better if you hadnt voted for the geriatric trotsky.

So leave voters are just expressing democracy and remoaners can get bent

But labour voters are idiots that should have voted conservative (against their principles) to keep country string and stable?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

She could... but then she'd get literally nothing through the house lol... not that she seems to be making much progress anyway.

No idea where she goes from here, the Brexit talks have been a fucking farce and the longer it drags on the worse The Conservatives rep will get (if that's even possible at this point)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom