Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So someone posts a picture of 60s London on Reddit on Oldschoolcool, obviously there are a few immigrant replies, one guy posts..'pity it's been replaced by a sea of Hijabs now'.
Being me I replied with..so true..here's an upvote.
Banned from the sub.

Job

Actually the notion of the frequency of voting is a very complicated and existential subject, the limiting factors are simply
logistics, damage to your brand and voter apathy.
I'd say the brand damage is obviously the worst, if you change your mind every ten minutes, then no one is going to invest
in you, there are no rules it seems, just cultural common sense.
Maybe we need to introduce a min 10 year gap, but probably with a higher pass mark, like 65% or something.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
My inner conspiracy tin foil hat wearing nutter is screaming inside my head how its damn convenient for both erdogan and wilders that this is happening right now

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The fake news machine will be working pretty hard this week.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Jesus.

Is this 'Fake News' stuff like a 'thing' now?

Job

If Wilders does well, then thats the beginning of the end for the EU, if they'll vote for a shameless racist who wants to remove Islam from Holland, then the rest of the EU will follow suit, I can't see it happening, the ghosts of the past will stay most hands.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Oh sheeet. Geert insulted mohammed. Time for muslims to show everyone how peaceful they are.

Job

I'm surprised the Dutch dont vote in the Dam building party every year, with global warming and all that.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Oh sheeet. Geert insulted mohammed. Time for muslims to show everyone how peaceful they are.

oh, he's going to score as well as ever in the elections tomorrow. in fact, the "party for freedom" may not even be the largest collection of fuckwits you can vote for in the NL, given some of the parties we have *boggle* it almost seem to me that you are obligated to be a rampant fuckwit in order to be allowed to start a political party these days. of course, when you actually ask Wilders *how* he intends to make some of his more, shall we say, grand desires become reality (asking "how, Geert", however ironically, has actually become a bit of a thing) he becomes incredibly vague...just like all the other populists. scaring the people is well and good of course. as we've established here a long time ago scared sheep are the easiest sheep, but actually making good on one's promises is certain political doom for all would-be and actual demagogues.

anyway, that aside, Teed predicts that the split will be a three-way between (NL) Labour, eg the PvaA, the "People's party for Freedom and Democracy" (what's in a name, eh?) aka the VVD and the "Party for Freedom" e.g. the PVV, or, alternately a four-way with the ever-loving Christian-Democratic Appèl (CDA), but they'll have to make a really strong come-back for that. my personal worst case would be a VVD/PVV split, because hoo boy that would be worse than the fucking USA for the amount of sheer self-enrichment going on, not to mention all the racism. I mean, some of the rhetoric that's been going down already is sheer amazeballs, except that the other parties try to steal Geert's sheep rather more obliquely than he of the Worse Hair Than Trump (tm) tries to keep them, which makes the others just ever so slightly more evil imho.

anyway, I'm voting Pirate. I'm a member donchaknow, yarrr and all that. We may actually get a seat in the chamber this time around :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm surprised the Dutch dont vote in the Dam building party every year, with global warming and all that.

you'd be surprised. most of the west of the NL is quite a bit below sea-level. Schiphol Airport, where you land for your weed, err I mean culture pilgrimages, is 4 meters below, second only to Rotterdam Airport, which is 6 meters below sea-level. Those two are also the two lowest situated airports in the world.

I've heard tell that if the sea rises 50 cm the new beaches in the NL will be quite near where I live. Anyway with regard to your statement, like most things in NL, someone actually has to die before anyone will do anything. it's a sad fact of life here.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
you'd be surprised. most of the west of the NL is quite a bit below sea-level. Schiphol Airport, where you land for your weed, err I mean culture pilgrimages, is 4 meters below, second only to Rotterdam Airport, which is 6 meters below sea-level. Those two are also the two lowest situated airports in the world.

I've heard tell that if the sea rises 50 cm the new beaches in the NL will be quite near where I live. Anyway with regard to your statement, like most things in NL, someone actually has to die before anyone will do anything. it's a sad fact of life here.

I would have thought of all people, the Dutchies would be the most prepared for sea level rises; you've been dealing with it for 500 years already. I look at the fuckwitted house building going on around near me and I despair; northern Dublin is fucked (my house is 20m above sea level and my missus thought I was being paranoid when I wouldn't consider loads of houses around here because they're level with barely protected beaches).

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Al Gore has a beach house in Montecito, California. If he's not too worried about sea levels, then I'm not sure I would be either.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Let's put this shower of shit government in charge of the biggest international negotiation in living memory.

DaGaffer

Al Gore has a beach house in Montecito, California. If he's not too worried about sea levels, then I'm not sure I would be either.

Al Gore probably has several houses, I have one. He's also 68 years old so may not be too concerned about his personal property 20 years from now.

*Edit* i just took a look, it's a beach view house, not a beach front house. It's higher above sea level than mine.

Last edited:

Job

I would have thought of all people, the Dutchies would be the most prepared for sea level rises; you've been dealing with it for 500 years already. I look at the fuckwitted house building going on around near me and I despair; northern Dublin is fucked (my house is 20m above sea level and my missus thought I was being paranoid when I wouldn't consider loads of houses around here because they're level with barely protected beaches).
That 4 degree map shows my town would be the Venice of the North, still 4 degrees is epic and tbh the water might stop the barbarians coming for my shit.

DaGaffer

That 4 degree map shows my town would be the Venice of the North, still 4 degrees is epic and tbh the water might stop the barbarians coming for my shit.

Where I live (1) will eventually be a little peninsular (even at 4 degrees). Most of the houses we were looking at (and where I used to live), will be...moist (2).

seas.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He's also 68 years old so may not be too concerned about his personal property 20 years from now.
Ssshhhh Gaff. Don't ruin @Bodhi's parade with that inconvenient truth.

Did you see what I did there? I'm amazeballs me :clap:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Had a look at Scotland. No changes there, it's still drowning in nationalism.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am guessing from the disagree, @Scouse that you do not agree that Sturgeon and co are hailed as amazeballs where as English nationalism is frowned up and derided as "little England"

OK...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am guessing from the disagree, @Scouse that you do not agree that Sturgeon and co are hailed as amazeballs where as English nationalism is frowned up and derided as "little England"

OK...
No - I don't think Sturgeon and co are amazeballs. They're petty nationalists too. Just like the scummy fuck little Englanders who suffer from that disese.

The only thing that's going for Sturgeon is the fact that if Englanders can be petty little shits and lord it over everyone then why can't the Scots?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am not asking what you think, I am asking what you think the consensus is.

Scottish nationalism is acceptable on the whole

English nationalism, isn't.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am not asking what you think, I am asking what you think the consensus is.
You didn't ask a question. You made a statement which I responded to:
Acceptable nationalism though.
But in terms of your question - "what do you think the consensus is?" I'd have to ask where?

I'd say Scottish Nationalism is reasonably acceptable to the people of Scotland (considering the SNP is in power) but not popular or accepted in England (because how dare they want self determination eh? It's a very different thing from Brexit!!111oneelevenragewankers!!11)

It's a great real-life example of how Albert Einstien was right:
Old Albert said:
Nationalism is an infantile disease. It's the measles of mankind

Who gives a fuck what the consensus is when it's wrong. The consensus amongst religious people is that god exists and their particular variant of sky-fairy-rules is the right one. Exactly the same as English nationalists thinking escape from the EU because="Engerlaaaaand" is OK but Scottish Nationalism=wrong.

They're all a shower of moronic fucktards and monstrous turd burglers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom