Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I think that message has allready been sent, thats why we have Trump, Wilders, LePenn..etc.
A Muslim mayor of London, it can't happen without a reaction.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think that message has allready been sent, thats why we have Trump, Wilders, LePenn..etc.

So you ARE saying that the only reason why you do not like him because he is Muslim?

I mean, you've even said yourself it's up to the Muslim community in order to sort theirselves out and remove the ones with extremist views, surely a Muslim getting into a position of power with liberal views is a positive thing?

Job

Sorry, but every 'view' by Sadiq is carefully crafted for consumption by voters.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

no, you have those people because they are happy to sponge off the fears of the unwashed masses for money. they are morally deficiant, blatant leeches who will say and do anything, anything, to stay in power (just like any politican, but heyooo these people are carreer politicians so maybe I shouldn't even be belaboring the point) and will actively work to keep those fears in play. and you want to keep them where they are.

Job

Trump, Penn and Wilders are hardly career politicians, if you want a cushy job ,you go with the flow.

Gwadien

Oh dear, it would appear that Job is mixing up 'far-right views' with 'career politicians' again.

Well played Trump & Farage.

Job

What does that even mean in relation to the argument?

Gwadien

What does that even mean in relation to the argument?

Because you're evidently bogged down in some race agenda, so bogged down that you're being blinded to the fact that Khan ticks SO many of the correct boxes for you - he's not a career politician, he understand peoples situations because he's been in them, and wants to better peoples lives, but because he's brown and Muslim, you have an issue.

You're incredible.

Job

Hes not a career politician????
He's the fucking embodiment of one, he doesn"t want to improve jackshit for anyone except himself.
Oh his dad was a bus driver, what bollocks, he's a self promoting fame grabber, who has had an easytime convincing hopeless liberals of his honourable intentions, because he ticks all the boxes for them, poor background, minority, human rights..you couldn't make it up.
When in fact he is fucking you over in plain sight, his bullshit will eventually land home on the starry eyed.

Gwadien

Hes not a career politician????
He's the fucking embodiment of one, he doesn"t want to improve jackshit for anyone except himself.
Oh his dad was a bus driver, what bollocks, he's a self promoting fame grabber, who has had an easytime convincing hopeless liberals of his honourable intentions, because he ticks all the boxes for them, poor background, minority, human rights..you couldn't make it up.
When in fact he is fucking you over in plain sight, his bullshit will eventually land home on the starry eyed.

Evidence pls

dysfunction

FH is my second home
How exactly job? What is he doing?

He already answered that question with this:

Well so far he's implemented one and ressurected another of Boris's initiatives.
He's attended a Pride march and put two women in positions of power.
Backed a body shaming campaign and turned up for endless photo ops and often used someone elses glory to promote his career.

So some very good reasons there. :rolleyes:

Embattle

FH is my second home
Ask away, even if Westminster do agree I just don't see it happening pre brexit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Cant stand that old scottish baw bag. They had their vote. Its like lets keep asking till we get an answer we want.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Cant stand that old scottish baw bag. They had their vote. Its like lets keep asking till we get an answer we want.
You can't say that the landscape hasn't completely changed since the last referendum though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just like they can't say they would immediately become part of the EU. It was covered last time, plenty of countries would veto it out of principle, Spain for one because it would add legitimacy to the break away of Catalonia.

Parts of Scotland voted out at the Euro referendum too, she is catering for the middle classes again. When this also fails I imagine she will be back with the same idea in another couple of years, like the broken record that she is.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just like they can't say they would immediately become part of the EU. It was covered last time, plenty of countries would veto it out of principle, Spain for one because it would add legitimacy to the break away of Catalonia.

Parts of Scotland voted out at the Euro referendum too, she is catering for the middle classes again. When this also fails I imagine she will be back with the same idea in another couple of years, like the broken record that she is.

The Catalonia argument is no longer the same; Scotland leaving the UK now can be sold in Spain in a different way, and unlike last time, the other EU member states would put tons of pressure on Spain to wave Scottish membership through, on pure ideological grounds.

You keep saying "part of Scotland voted leave", so? Part of England (a more significant percentage) voted remain, fuck all good that is going to do them. Sturgeon can use a clear Scottish majority to remain as a rallying cry and I can't say I blame her.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Doesnt the UK already havr plans to build wind farms out there? Quite windy i guess

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Rejected again.

Frankly, I actually agree that those here as at the referendum should have no fear for the future.

Job

Apparently its all about who flinches first, we don't want to guarantee status for continentals, because they have yet to guarantee ex pats status.
The games begin and no one wants to make the first move.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
With the EU playing the petty ex-wife trying to take the dog, we should play the bigger man.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
You can't say that the landscape hasn't completely changed since the last referendum though.

Yes you can, because it hasn't.

While the UK has voted to leave the EU, that process has yet to start. She is asking for a referendum to take place while the UK will still be part of the EU and before any deal has been reached. Nobody has any idea what kind of agreement will be reached with the EU, so you can't say the landscape has changed completely. It might, but we need to wait and see. Genuine change takes time, its perfectly reasonable to have another vote in a generation but not in 4 years just because a vote didn't go your way.

Also look at the timing of when she is trying to call it? She wants it called, before the negotiations are complete, so she can build on maximimum uncertainty surrounding the process and the fact the government would be heavily distracted. If she was confident that everything will change dramatically as soon as we leave the EU, why not try and call it a year or two afterwards? Surely everyone would see how much worse everything had got and this would add to the case for Scottish independence? Its not like the SNP are likely to lose power in 2020 election.

Also if we are going to have a referendum on something like scottish independence that is effectively irreversible can we please make sure that this is the will of the people. I think a 60% majority should be required.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think that you mistake politics for something that's fair.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Apparently its all about who flinches first, we don't want to guarantee status for continentals, because they have yet to guarantee ex pats status.
The games begin and no one wants to make the first move.

They cannot guarantee anything because as it stands the UK has not legally made its intentions to leave known

Same goes for UK

As soon as article 50 is triggered individual countries can start making amendments to their own rules

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom