Politics Scottish Independance.....Thoughts?

Litmus

Resident Freddy
A quote i read on another website summed it up quite well, "Scotland make Romania look like Monaco" it terms of finances. How Sturgeon ever came to the conclusion Scotland will just auto apply for membership because she says so is absurd, in the same way she wants guarantees on the Brexit exit package before neglections have even started.

I personally dont really care if they stick or go, but part of me hopes they go just to watch the utter melt down afterwards

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Why the vitriol?

I don't understand the hate. You jealous because Westminster is such a calamitous shit-show?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Common, its our calamitous shit-show. Better together!

old.user4556

I haven't checked the validity of this map, but an interesting reference of just how tiny Scotland really is.

C9CXMb_WAAAgxjX.jpg

Embattle

FH is my second home
Quite a lot of people know London is big but they don't realise just how big until they try to travel in to it or through it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Quite a lot of people know London is big but they don't realise just how big until they try to travel in to it or through it.

Hasn't got shit on Tokyo though.

London has absorbed villages and towns.

Tokyo has absorbed cities.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes, but cockneys never tire in telling us how Landan makes all the money.

So numbers are irrelevant.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Oh, well that ought to clinch it. Scots will definitely understand that they need to listen to the verdicts of their betters :/

Rees-Mogg: 'No indyref2 for a generation'

Or what the SNP said themselves directly after losing the first one! "A once in a generation opportunity!" - Alex Salmond. Only later did the she devil start the campaign for another.

Last edited:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Just about every city in the world expanded the same way. Villages and districts became boroughs of the city

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Or what the SNP said themselves directly after losing the first one! "A once in a generation opportunity!" - Alex Salmond. Only later did the she devil start the campaign for another.

Brexit changed the rules and all bets are off. The Scottish (and NI) population voted remain. If I was a Jock you're damn right I'd want another referendum.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
As long as the SNP don't claim that they are staying in with the vote, that is absolutely fine. I honestly hope they do it and vote yes. Lower the voting age to 7 and include students that once visited Scotland I'm sure they will get it as well ;) :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

As long as the SNP don't claim that they are staying in with the vote, that is absolutely fine. I honestly hope they do it and vote yes. Lower the voting age to 7 and include students that once visited Scotland I'm sure they will get it as well ;) :)

The SNP would have to claim they will reapply for EU membership.

old.user4556

"Vote Yes and you're out of Europe! TEH DISASTER!"

*votes no*

"WELL SHIT"

"Vote Yes and your currency will be FUCKED, FUCKED I TELL YOU!"

*votes no*

"WELL SHIT"

Wij

I am a FH squatter

*votes no*

"WELL SHIT"

*votes no*

"WELL SHIT"
To be honest that was kinda true until Brexit fucked everything up. Sorry dude :/

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Except a yes vote now will likely be even worse. Out of Europe, filling out entry forms. Plus the rest of the UK will close the MOD down everything and move it south (~55k jobs). Also BAe ship building for the MOD +++.... No way the UK voters would let that continue.

It's a complete shit storm any which way. All because a bunch of Daily Fail readers believed the BS.

Gwadien

I want the EU to do one last fuck you to the UK and call a last minute indyref directed by the EU courts which we HAVE to follow ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They will get it, eventually, but it's unlikely to be Sturgeon that delivers it.

Gwadien

They will get it, eventually, but it will be unlikely to be Sturgeon that delivers it.

I dunno.

As much as you might dislike Sturgeon, she's very popular in Scotland.

Especially so with Boris copying stuff she does :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't think she is particularly good at her job, quite a few things are performing worse in Scotland than they ought to be, that is aside from being an incredibly irritating human being.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

*votes no*

"WELL SHIT"

*votes no*

"WELL SHIT"

To flip it over.

Nationalism in Scotland = great
Nationalism in the UK, or England = bad

:)

Gwadien

I don't think she is particularly good at her job, quite a few things are performing worse in Scotland than they ought to be, that is aside from being an incredibly irritating human being.

But you're not Scottish

It's ironic that you posted this then that response to G, I mean you English nationalists supported Farage, Gove, Boris, etc etc and they're much bigger incompetent disgusting cunts than Sturgeon is.

I do find 'they won't get independence because I don't like her' a very strange opinion to have.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm not a nationalist :) and quarter Scottish anyway...

I just find the hypocrisy amusing.

Edit, and I wouldn't call Boris or Gove nationalists either, they aren't in it for the UK, every decision they make is for personal gain for them and their mates, it has nothing to do with the UK.

Gwadien

I'm not a nationalist :) and quarter Scottish anyway...

I just find the hypocrisy amusing.

Edit, and I wouldn't call Boris or Gove nationalists either, they aren't in it for the UK, every decision they make is for personal gain for them and their mates, it has nothing to do with the UK.

So? They use divide and conquer nationalist policies to get them into power, which again supports my theory that they're infinitely worse than sturgeon.

Also I remember lots of xenophobia in the Brexit campaign but not much from the scottish independence campaign.

Also, I don't support Scottish independence but I can see why they do when we have Boris as our PM and the SNP have done very good things for Scotland in recent years.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So? They use divide and conquer nationalist policies to get them into power, which again supports my theory that they're infinitely worse than sturgeon.

Also I remember lots of xenophobia in the Brexit campaign but not much from the scottish independence campaign.

Also, I don't support Scottish independence but I can see why they do when we have Boris as our PM and the SNP have done very good things for Scotland in recent years.

Facts...meh

It's not as impressive as the political statements make out.

They virtually built their argument around North Sea oil, that worked out great!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Scottish National(ist) Party absolutely use the same shit. Same as Plaid Cymru in Wales.

She's just got better PR and a huuuuuge helping hand of being able to paint UK.gov as a big facist bad (just how any wanker comes to power - by creating a monster for the plebs to unite against).

Gwadien

Facts...meh

It's not as impressive as the political statements make out.

They virtually built their argument around North Sea oil, that worked out great!

And the facts suggest that we're going to be absolutely fucked when we go into the new year, but that seems to not be a big issue for the Tories.

The Scottish National(ist) Party absolutely use the same shit. Same as Plaid Cymru in Wales.

She's just got better PR and a huuuuuge helping hand of being able to paint UK.gov as a big facist bad (just how any wanker comes to power - by creating a monster for the plebs to unite against).

Sure, that's because their problem is England, so it makes sense to have them as your enemy, as it makes sense for the UK to use the EU as their enemy.

But lots of people voted for Brexit under the impression we'd drastically reduce our immigration which is absolute bollocks.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
And a lot of people voted for a completely independent Scotland, which is also absolute bollocks, they would still likely use our currency and have to set their interest rates etc to ours, having no control, their health service would also likely be impacted due to losing the buying power of the NHS. They also stated that re-joining, or remaining in the EU would be nailed on when it wouldn't even be guaranteed thanks to the whole Spain/Catalonia situation.

Anyway. it's all besides the point now, they lost the vote, they can't just keep voting until they get the result they want, would the unionists insist on a further vote to rejoin the UK? They could perhaps have one every 10 years!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom