Politics Scottish Independance.....Thoughts?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I wonder if this announcement has pushed the UK government's article 50 announcement back. I was set to work this week on that announcement, but apparently 10 Downing St have just told the media it's not happening yet.

Or it could be that it was suggested the Article 50 announcement was going to be today to force Sturgeon's hand...

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
UK subsidy to Scotland soars after oil price slump

Don't get me wrong if Scotland could make a go of it I'd be fully behind it, but those numbers worry me far too much to even consider it tbh.

Ok, so we're back on oil. This is my point about Scotland's over reliance on oil revenue and their much needed move away from it. We can cherry pick statistics and deficits, but with wars in Iraq (thanks Tony), Afghanistan and Trident renewal costing an eye-watering hundreds of billions, you can see where Scots would be happy to take a hit on oil to avoid eye-bleeding cash-pissed-up-the-wall situations at the hands of Westminster (did I say 'thanks Tony').

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hypocrisy would be saying people or organisations should do one thing and then doing exactly what you say they shouldn't do.
Or supporting people acting in one way, but condemning others who wish to act the same way for the same reasons.

Because of nationalistic sentiment the Scottish people want self-determination and self-rule. There is no substantive difference between that and the UK's (incredibly narrow) vote to leave.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Or supporting people acting in one way, but condemning others who wish to act the same way for the same reasons.

Because of nationalistic sentiment the Scottish people want self-determination and self-rule. There is no substantive difference between that and the UK's (incredibly narrow) vote to leave.
They can do what they want. But they already had a vote.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I feel that this sums up your sentiment Scouse.

View attachment 35904

The trouble is, they have representation in the government of the UK, we do not in Europe. MEPs, failed politicians every last one of them, do not count. They (Scottish Nationalists) appear to want to be ruled by the whim of Juncker (I mean, come on. A man so bent he can lick the backs of his feet) and co rather than Westminster. The independence argument is farcical from the outset. That is before they even get onto the financial aspect.

Anyway, like I say, go for it if that is what you/they want but don't expect it to be any better for you.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They can do what they want. But they already had a vote.
Boo fucking hoo.

Brexiteers didn't shut the fuck up for forty years until they got their own way. Now they're telling remoaners to shut the fuck up. The whole thing stinks of hypocrisy.

Both Brexit and the Scottish Referendum were almost 50-50. Brexit on not the worlds biggest turnout. Leaving the EU when 1/3rd of the country wants out, 1/3rd of the country wants to remain and 1/3rd of the country didn't have an opinon is wank. But if constant campaigning good enough for Brexiteers to get their own way then it's good enough for Scottish Nationalists.

You can't have it both ways.

old.user4556

They (Scottish Nationalists) appear to want to be ruled by the whim of Juncker (I mean, come on. A man so bent he can lick the backs of his feet) and co rather than Westminster.

Tony Blair, Liam Fox, Gove, Cameron, Boris, May, Farage.

Yep, I'll be so sad we're stuck with Juncker :(.

Bodhi

Tony Blair, Liam Fox, Gove, Cameron, Boris, May, Farage.

Yep, I'll be so sad we're stuck with Juncker :(.

It sucks having to suffer that lot AND Salmond and Sturgeon as well :(

Bodhi

Someone's going to get battered.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Frankly I am sick of herring about it and its only been half a day.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I suggest Scotland just asks Frankie Boyle what they should do.

old.user4556

He's a Yes zealot.

His words were something like "we'll replace one set of cunts at Westminster with another set of cunts at holyrood".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom