RP bonus to soloers??

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
The concept about daoc was a massive combat system.

not that some **** stealther fucks that think their noble shall be rewarded with more rps.

that goes for 8man freaks as myself to btw

but 8man>stealthers :flame:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
bring in a non-fotm bonus ;) If your race/class/spec is uncommon you get more RP. E.g. an inconnu mind/body sorc would get reduced RP as would a hex/wc warlock while some painwokring necro would get 20k a kill :p though given they're a painworking necro they'd never actually earn that :)

This isn't just a "gifv fing more rp" thing btw - would be more to discourage the "everyonie roll the same bloody thing" that goes on.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
solo5oq.jpg

:D

censi

Can't get enough of FH
that would never work flim.

and what mastard said about warlocks getting a real nice deal out of this preposal is defo true. but that dont means the idea is wrong just that the class kills things too easily.

i dunno I would just like to see summin that rewards people who solo, stealthers in particular because lets face it stealthers aint good enough to group with (mincers aside) so if you play the class on its own you should get a reward. something that decourages you teaming up with other stealthers.

anything that actually had the result in making soloing as a stealther just slightley more viable RP wise that reduced quantities grouping with other stealthers would be a success and be good for the game.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
and what mastard said about warlocks getting a real nice deal out of this preposal is defo true. but that dont means the idea is wrong just that the class kills things too easily.

One possible way to counter this would be to give normal rp´s for the kill (just as it is now) and the bonus rp´s exactly 60 seconds after the kill (i.e. you have to stay alive for 1 minute after you kill someone).

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Go look up the definition of "massive" and "multiplayer".

Fianno

Fledgling Freddie
its also an rpg, so there is also going to be shady characters in the background to assassinate people

illu

Part of the furniture
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
One possible way to counter this would be to give normal rp´s for the kill (just as it is now) and the bonus rp´s exactly 60 seconds after the kill (i.e. you have to stay alive for 1 minute after you kill someone).

The only time I stay alive in prime-time after a kill is when I have vanish up :>
EVERY other time, I'll get a kill in, then steamrolled by a FG in the area or every other stealther that pops and wants his share of my arse :>

So getting a bonus 60 seconds after the kill wouldn't really work until late at night or non prime-time.

The only thing I would like to see implemented would be like someone suggested somewhere, something like if 4 or more people hit you and then you die, they should get 1 RP each or something as 4+v1 is lame :>

Saw a couple of poor middies land an DC drop off last night, and 2fg killed 1 shadowblade who just arrived, and 1fg killed a skald that jumped just before drop off - the Albs sprinted into the water - "I need those 200RP!!!" I heard them shout :> What they fail to realise is that free 200RP will probably log or go somewhere else if they don't have a relatively fair fight. I also got steamrolled many times, but I'm used to it now :>

Oli - Illu

censi

Can't get enough of FH
ofc its massive and multiplayer but you have an RVR system in there... your point means nothing

Like i say the games foundation is the 8 man group concept but stealthers are clearly not designed for that.. So the natural step is people play a stealther when they dont want to do FG rvr.

accepting the above statement then its good for the game for those stealthers to go out solo. (no one likes a stealth zerg regardless of its morality).

again if you accept the second statement then all mythic have to do now is encourage a stealther to go solo rather than team up.

Atm its in a stealthers interests (RP wise and fun factor wise not to solo really, it can be just too punishing)
------------

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
this calculation should remain unchanged as full group RVR is the core foundation of daoc...

Errr...no it's not. Mass Realm versus Realm is the core foundation of DAoC. 8v8 is only popular because of the 1337 ex-CS kiddies TBH ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
i dunno I would just like to see summin that rewards people who solo

But the reward is there as you get full rps for a kill, if you're grouped the rps get split. To be honest, the current system is basically about as fair as you can get, even if class balance isn't.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Would be great to see all those l33t Hib and Mid groups go from rr10 to rr1 just due to ganking all those solo Albs.
I vote for this idea!
Regards, Glottis

PS. I honestly think Mid players play with themselves as they run around Emain in a fg using instants on solo Albs and thinking they are so l33t cause they killed a solo pally.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
There should be a solo bonus for Stealther classes as they sacrifice all grpability to be able to solo(Mythic quote). Unfair to have a grp only bonus system when not all classes is designed to group.

Shadowen

Fledgling Freddie
I think you're about likely to see such a scheme implemented as you are finding a full set of hen's teeth.

Mythic has repeatedly stated this is a grouping game, and you are *meant* to group, which is why buffs and so forth are in the game, and why they won't balance infs vs NS vs SB, because you're not meant to solo. They have indirectly stated that they don't care about class to class balance, and I've yet to see any such fixes (3+ years of playing).

Do I agree with it, NO. I wish the game was made to cater for soloers as well as groups and zergs. However, in a zergy environment not to mention unbalanced, espc. comparing RR's, ML's and Artifacts, being solo is being dead (unless you're at some insane RR, and a caster).

regards
shadowen.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
i think everyone has got the wrong view of soloing tbh. i find it very rewarding as it is, being that i pretty much exclusively solo. i would LOVE to see some sort of incentive introduced to discourage stealth zerges (and all this shite about it being a MASSIVE morpg is pretty much unfounded with stealthers..as mythic has stated many times they we're desiugned to be outsiders with the ability to wtpwn one target, then be at a large disadvantage against any others, assasins in particular)
but all these excuses about it being _impossible_ to solo unless you are a massive RR is just people making themselves feel better for not soloing. some kind of concience boost for zerging.

i have soloed since char creation, with a little bit of duoing around RR3. it IS possible, you do die, but you DO earn RPs, fair enough 5k an hour average isnt mind blowing, but it will get you there.

anyway, more soloing, and more incentive to solo is NEVER a bad thing, it makes the game dynamic with many styles of play, rather than just 8v8 or zerge zerge zerge.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
soloers arnt solo when they have their bb back at keep ready to give buffs and resists.

the only true honourable soloer is one that uses only the tools that are available to his class, and doesnt depend on the influence of other players to help him kill his oponent...

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
soloers arnt solo when they have their bb back at keep ready to give buffs and resists.

the only true honourable soloer is one that uses only the tools that are available to his class, and doesnt depend on the influence of other players to help him kill his oponent...

no..that would be a fool you are thinking of.

edit: or a vamp.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:

Lol, what a load of bollocks.
As everybody is using a BB, it is no longer an advantage.
Anyway, new classes are designed to take less advantage of a BB, a whorelock does not need buffs to wtfpwn anything. A vamp does pretty well without also.
Regards, Glottis :m00:

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Shadowen said:
I think you're about likely to see such a scheme implemented as you are finding a full set of hen's teeth.

Mythic has repeatedly stated this is a grouping game, and you are *meant* to group, which is why buffs and so forth are in the game, and why they won't balance infs vs NS vs SB, because you're not meant to solo. They have indirectly stated that they don't care about class to class balance, and I've yet to see any such fixes (3+ years of playing).

Do I agree with it, NO. I wish the game was made to cater for soloers as well as groups and zergs. However, in a zergy environment not to mention unbalanced, espc. comparing RR's, ML's and Artifacts, being solo is being dead (unless you're at some insane RR, and a caster).

regards
shadowen.

Scouts, Hunters, Rangers, Nightshades, Infiltrators, Shadowblades is NOT ment to grp.

Everytime a stealtherclass TL ask for a more group friendly ability they get the reply that they sacrificed all grp abilities to get stealth.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Spymaster lvl 10 ability - GROUP STEALTH!!!! Fun as well :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
all the stealthers apart from nightshades and minstrels can go battlemaster - group friendly line (grapple, bodyguard - somewhat useless solo ;)) - sojourner has group utility in the water breathing (it's not the best group ability in the world mind you ;))

along with the ml10 group stealth spymaster has that nice aoe mezz - it's good solo but I'd say mezz brings something to a group, no? along with an aoe snare trap...

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Gorrion said:
I would rather have range on ALL buffs that requires consentration from the (buffbot), and make them group required aswell.
The solo rvr would have alot more desent fights, where you have time to activate a charge on a item or artifact, or maby use a potion, and also have the fight prolonged, so you get the adrenaline rush.
There is nothing more borring than beeing insta killed or two shotted. And also ANY full group running around would know that the random solo player they encounter in open area is unbuffed, "and for that", might consider leaving him/her, alive to solo fight´s.
I know i have made loads of post´s regarding buffbots, but every time im reminded of them i just cant help making a comment.

Regards Gorrion

oh yes plz do that, then I instantly go to housing, buy a SoD, buy a respec stone, go to 40nurt / 30reg / 20nat, go convoker and my life will be full of joy. Fighting unbuffed enemies all day long while my lvl 52 fully cap buffed pet beats the shit outta them and they get insane miss rates and low dmg on me.

Solo casters casting at super low speed at me, while I can fire back at capped speed.

Or all the vamps out there who face unbuffed enemies while they're self-buffed to the teeth.

I like the idea a lot tbh, let's put that in and I come solo 24/7.

Don't believe me? Well I tried duel vs. an unbuffed shade while I was fully buffed and it didn't look good for him ( he didn't have 100% ToA and was RR2, but still, it was horrific so even higher RR with 100% ToA won't do that well ).

/dreams on

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
more like a big fuck off penalty for attacking people with more than they are, or hell, add a penalty. negative rps for all adders, yes please

when they hit a certain level of negative points their own realmguards turn aggro and they get pooned 24/7

/dreams on

Yeah and the whole idea with MMORPG:s just died......
There are games where you actually arrange matches with teams
and you have to be 5 or 6.... this is not one of em

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is really that no1 is supposed to solo according to mythic and the way they balance stuff. Not even assassins or "snipers". Most classes are balanced in the fg vs fg/keep/epic battle fights, even warlocks to some extent - You are supposed to make your grp for fighting other grps or taking/defending towers/keeps or just for massive epic battles. So if you wanted to defend a keep you should invite the scout that can sneak up and fire a volley of arrows at the enemies in a keep fight. You should also invite the infiltrator to have him climb up the wall and assasinate the enemy casters at the keep etc. etc. and so on.

In the early stages of daoc ppl actually played with stealthers in their grps, even fotm NP and LA did! - anyways, if you think like this(The Mythic Way tm) This game is perfect as it is. Problem is tho, that ppl play it differently than its "supposed" to be played and naturally the balance changes. Tho, you cant have it both, a balanced game in the ways that mythic wants it and a balanced game of how "we" want it to be.

The game balance will still be in the same way as it always have been, unless Mythic changes it course and either balance it for FG vs FG fights or solo vs solo

Donledirse

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think soloers should get a bonus to rps, as their bonus is full rps without any group split if they win.

I'm not against solo or fg / mass fights, just don't think we should encourage people to solo over grouping or we will end up being a very divided realm. (More than we are now)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Imon said:
Yeah and the whole idea with MMORPG:s just died......
There are games where you actually arrange matches with teams
and you have to be 5 or 6.... this is not one of em

make it so that if you attack someone or a group that has 50% or less players then your own (amount of people or level) you get a huge penalty.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Been soloing on my infil, earnt 10k in 6 hours. Not surprising why so many people have rolled a scout tbh. (yes im shit etc etc)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Donledirse said:
I don't think soloers should get a bonus to rps, as their bonus is full rps without any group split if they win.

I'm not against solo or fg / mass fights, just don't think we should encourage people to solo over grouping or we will end up being a very divided realm. (More than we are now)

Intresting point, but from my pov I get nowhere near as many fights as what I do in a fg. See my above post, I would say proberbly 4k of that rp was leached through pspike or other means. Now, its either because im shit (yeah proberbly), that rvr has generally been shit lately, or there just arn't that many proper solo'ers out there nowadays. Casters have become the new tanks, and are for me a nightmare to try and take out as a assasin thanks to Brittle guard eating my pa/cs chain, and then hitting BT, by which time ive already been stun/nuked. Don't even get me started on warlocks, they may as well wear plate as I for one can't for shit get close to em without being insta killed.

Stealthers nowadays either leech or kill each other, which im sure every caster is happy about - but wasn't it supposed to be stealther>caster caster>tank tank>stealther ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom