RP bonus to soloers??

Muylaetrix said:
what is this whine about numbers in a mmorpg ?

Well everyone don't enjoy mindless zerging 20 vs 5 and 8 vs 2.. maybe u do what do i know.

I like this idea of yours censi... games should encourage fairness 8 vs 2 isn't fair or fun, and if anyone claims it to be fun ill just regard it as some lame defence/excuse for thier own zerging. :x

:)

illu said:
It would be nice to get access to new slightly more powerful weapons or items or abilities after certain numbers of solo kills,
Eg
500 kills +10 AF
1000 kills +2% Haste (stacks)
1500 kills +1 Long Wind
2000 kills 90% 30sec Caster Damage Reduction, 30 minute timer
3000 kills Feedback spell, all damage done to you is absorbed, and the enemy that attacked you gets hit by it, lasts for 10 seconds, 30 minute re-use timer
5000 kills Sword/Axe/Mainhand weap that has instakill proc that goes off 1in500 swings or something hehe

Would be fun :>

Oli - Illu

PS I think the system is fine at the moment. People have to make their RPs somehow, and if they want to steamroll people, fair enough. Of course it pisses me off, but on the other hand, there is no satisfaction in killing a soloer with 4+ people, and it gets boring after a while. Why play a game in a way that is boring? At least most fights I have, when I kill someone I think - yep that was good fun - and I get that "excitement" factor. Anyone can steamroll their way to RR9+, but kind of defeats the object of having fun.

PPS Papasan, I had you dammit :> (we were both on 10% last night after 1on1, and I landed Frosty Gaze :p then /nerf the archer that shot me first :> Bloody archers :> Going to look at the vid - find out who it was and add them to the "kill at all costs" list)

Best idea so far :cheers:

Only issue here is pure healer classes - ofc they can resepc and min/max themself to be able to kill ppl 1v1. Tho that seems abit far fetched ;)

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
make it so that if you attack someone or a group that has 50% or less players then your own (amount of people or level) you get a huge penalty.

That sounded better :cheers:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Skaven said:
Been soloing on my infil, earnt 10k in 6 hours. Not surprising why so many people have rolled a scout tbh. (yes im shit etc etc)

when you say solo, is that when you are with a scout, a mincer and another infil yeah?

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Make the /surrender work this way:
- the 4+ man grp spot a soloer and they go for gank
- soloer does /surrender
- the grp recieves credit for "kill" and the rps they will get if they would kill him
- both the grp members and the soloer gets a imunity timer to each other (some sort of: "you cannot attack this target"), lets say 5-10 minutes, so the grp cannot farm rps this way and the soloer cannot add on the grp members 30 seconds later and leech rps.
- the /surrender should work only if the soloer does NOT attack that group in any way (dmg, debuffs, cc, etc) - reactives from the soloer armor/spell procs should not apply.

was just an ideea which is prolly to hard to implement and ofc some guys/gals will find some workarounds to exploit

ofc that will not solve the probl with the huge amount of "soloers" who solo all in the same place and get rps from the same target which target is in the position of being "soloed" by 3 scouts and a sorc i the same time

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
The problem is really that no1 is supposed to solo according to mythic and the way they balance stuff. Not even assassins or "snipers". Most classes are balanced in the fg vs fg/keep/epic battle fights, even warlocks to some extent - You are supposed to make your grp for fighting other grps or taking/defending towers/keeps or just for massive epic battles. So if you wanted to defend a keep you should invite the scout that can sneak up and fire a volley of arrows at the enemies in a keep fight. You should also invite the infiltrator to have him climb up the wall and assasinate the enemy casters at the keep etc. etc. and so on.

In the early stages of daoc ppl actually played with stealthers in their grps, even fotm NP and LA did! - anyways, if you think like this(The Mythic Way tm) This game is perfect as it is. Problem is tho, that ppl play it differently than its "supposed" to be played and naturally the balance changes. Tho, you cant have it both, a balanced game in the ways that mythic wants it and a balanced game of how "we" want it to be.

The game balance will still be in the same way as it always have been, unless Mythic changes it course and either balance it for FG vs FG fights or solo vs solo

Ok no class is supposed to solo, but Mythic has clearly stated a million times that stealthers shouldnt group. :m00:

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Ok no class is supposed to solo, but Mythic has clearly stated a million times that stealthers shouldnt group. :m00:

You're confused. They've said, while talking about assassin balance, that classes that can solo well should not intrude on the "group abilities" (ie RAs and spells) of classes that are weak solo. They've never stated that stealthers shouldn't group at all.

They've clearly not been able to balance this well since noone groups stealthers in "visible" groups and there are plenty of "groupable" classes that are very good solo (sorc, dark sm, warlock, etc). Mythics position is that all classes are meant to group.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
when you say solo, is that when you are with a scout, a mincer and another infil yeah?

For about an hour with my guildies before I went to bed sure. You never group up no?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
not to zerg down soloers no.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Skaven said:
Shit yeah, that was my whole intention all along. :eek7:

Odd you dont get any rps when you add on everyone you see at every opportunity you have.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Actually, when ive seen a 1v1 ive just stood there and watched. If theres a fg v fg yeah i'll add if im close enough and the fight seems to be going the right way, but thats only because theres no other targets about thanks to fg's being rp horny and killing everything. If theres a fg chasing you down yeah i'll pa you in the face too.

Sorry if you don't like my playstyle, but it's tough shit as I like many others will play the game as we want to, if you want a proper 1v1 without any interuptions im sure theres plenty of leet kids on irc who will gladly oblige.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
its fine that you wanna stealthzerg luvley , just dont claim you solo then :)

or well mincer might have area speed but still looks like your 3 together.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
We were together tonight aye. Im not claiming I don't join groups, Im just saying I enjoy soloing as well, and expressing how annoying it can be, hence why I group up.

Petwick(Ebony Hand)

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:
Make the /surrender work this way:
- the 4+ man grp spot a soloer and they go for gank
- soloer does /surrender
- the grp recieves credit for "kill" and the rps they will get if they would kill him
- both the grp members and the soloer gets a imunity timer to each other (some sort of: "you cannot attack this target"), lets say 5-10 minutes, so the grp cannot farm rps this way and the soloer cannot add on the grp members 30 seconds later and leech rps.
- the /surrender should work only if the soloer does NOT attack that group in any way (dmg, debuffs, cc, etc) - reactives from the soloer armor/spell procs should not apply.

was just an ideea which is prolly to hard to implement and ofc some guys/gals will find some workarounds to exploit

ofc that will not solve the probl with the huge amount of "soloers" who solo all in the same place and get rps from the same target which target is in the position of being "soloed" by 3 scouts and a sorc i the same time

lol,by the time ive typed /surrender,im usually stunned/mezzed or dead

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Why does ppl care so much about rps? ;) When i fight 1 vs 1 i dont care if i lose or how many rps i get just that i had a great fight maybe thats why my /stat always sucks :p its not hard getting alot of rps if you add on everything you c but if you only wanna fight 1 vs 1 getting rps can be hard ;)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Eeben said:
its not hard getting alot of rps if you add on everything you c ;)

Eeben did i ever congratulate u on RR6? (over 1 MILLION RPs) :)

Quoting out of context is a privalige, not a right :)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
Eeben did i ever congratulate u on RR6? (over 1 MILLION RPs) :)

Quoting out of context is a privalige, not a right :)

That was the hidden point in my post to get you to gratz me again an you found it :worthy:

Nightrider

Fledgling Freddie
Better to add % rps for ppl grouped, making ppl more obliged to group up, rather then: omfg my sorc/thurg/sm/wl and so on and so forth, wtfpwn!

(stealthers excepted)

illu

Part of the furniture
I keep trying to work out a formula for what I would consider a "fair" fight situation and this is what I have come up with: (I'm sure there are ways to abuse this :/)

A soloer can attack anyone, no restrictions
Solo v solo also unrestricted.

If a soloer is attacked by a group, if the total RealmRank of the attackers = more than 2 times your RR, then only 1 person can do damage to that soloer, so it becomes a 1on1 until 1 of them dies, then the situation is assessed again, RR checks done......

So solo RR8 gets attacked by FG of high RR = 1on1 fights
solo RR8 attacked by FG of low RR1's, all 8 can attack, but RR8 has chance of a few kills.
RR8 gets attacked by 2xRR6, both RR6 can attack, chance of good fight
RR8 gets attacked by 2xRR8, both RR8 can attack, v.hard fight but ok
RR8 gets attacked by 2xRR9, only 1 RR9 can attack (I imagine a melee check has to be done and support types excluded from this calculation)

RR1 v RR2+RR2=RR2 1on1, then recheck

RR3 v RR2+RR3=1on2

That kind of thing anyway. At least FG's wouldn't be able to steamroll soloers like they do now.

Oli - Illu

Shadowen

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Scouts, Hunters, Rangers, Nightshades, Infiltrators, Shadowblades is NOT ment to grp.

Everytime a stealtherclass TL ask for a more group friendly ability they get the reply that they sacrificed all grp abilities to get stealth.

It is the typical Mythic FUD/propeganda..

1. if it suits their purpose, then the game is a group game only. - ie balance stealthers - nope it's a group game, only Realm balance is important.

2. If it suits their purpose then your class is meant to solo - ie. Give hunters/SB's a role in a group.. No, you have stealth you can solo.

3. from 1 + 2 you can infer, Mythic wished they'd never added stealth classes, and just hopes they'll go away.

But in general the argument is nearly always we only do realm balance, and do not work on class to class balances.

Do I agree that that's how they should do it NO, do I like it NO. Do I wish they'd do what you mean yes..

regards
shadowen.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
couldn't be arsed to read all the replies. so im sure this has been said :p.
why do you want a bonus for soloers? it's not like you will benefit. Unless the guy riding your cock is just your "imaginary friend" Vipr. Stop ganking soloers :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom