1.97 implemented on US, Massive RP Bonus Bug for fighting and healing near Glen3

illu

Part of the furniture
From the Camelot Herald:

Server Downtime
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The servers will be coming down in 15 minutes to address the RP bonus bug that was inadvertently introduced with Wednesday’s Live version.

While active, the bug allowed hundreds of players to accumulate hundreds of thousands of RPs in the span of a few hours. An experienced player will know that acquiring that many RPs is something that takes weeks or possibly months to accomplish. Unfortunately, in order for us to fully remedy the situation, we are required to perform a character rollback for the day, and any progress made during the day will be lost. We investigated every possible alternative before coming to that conclusion, and deeply apologize for this setback. We value your patronage greatly, and we will do our best to make this up to you in the coming days.

The estimated time of return is 7:00 A.M. EDT.

It was a mad evening on the Devon Cluster, and I first noticed something was up when some of us middies came across some Albs and I Dot'ted a couple of them. My RP was 300RPs and 1200RPs for fighting near to a tower ^^
I rezzed someone, 2000+ RP
I healed people, 20RP+360RP for fighting near a tower PER HEAL.

I got my shammy over 100,000 RP in about 2 hours of RvR :p

We kind of all guessed/expected that there would be some kind of Server rollback, especially when one of the Albs (Fatbloat?) who was already RR12 and had the nastiest AE DOT dinged 2 MILLION RP midway through the evening and probably more as I had to log off as it was getting late :)

I hope they only rollback RP gains, I have a few characters that gained some xp, and it is a pain to have to redo that.

It was a fun evening anyway, and it's a shame they can't just give us all say 75,000 RP as a goodwill gesture :)

Come to Devon! :>

Oli - Illu

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
And there I was.. Watching Champions League :(

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
I hope they only rollback RP gains, I have a few characters that gained some xp, and it is a pain to have to redo that.

Not 100% sure, but i don't think they can rollback just the rps.
The entire day "rolled back"

illu

Part of the furniture
Yep - the whole day was rolled back :/

I only lost some xp on one toon, a few items that I had farmed and some items that had sold on my CMs.

Other people lost Dragon Items and all kinds of stuff.

It's by no means the end of the world, but there should be a system in place to reset only parts of the game. XPers shouldn't have been penalised because of an RP bug.

But they have implemented some small RP bonuses and some crafting bonuses for the next week, so might as well take advantage of that.

Oli - Illu

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I lost 3 levels and about 14 steps of the Champion quest....curse you rp whores.

my l33t stick spec mauler had serious deja vu the next day doing it all again. haha

illu

Part of the furniture
What server you play on Illu ? :)

Lancelot, Devon Cluster.

Meeting more and more old Euro players, the population is great, and if you are a nightowl like me, the later you stay on, the more action there is :>

In the 3 months I have been there, there have been at least 2 ML1-9 rushes, and at least 4 or 5 ML1-5 and ML6-9 events.

The people seem friendly, and I've been lucky in getting into groups without a lot of trouble. If you roll group friendly toons, you will generally be taken in.
And make sure you have Vent chat program, almost all the groups out here run it.

My empire is slowly building up, hopefully in the next month or 2 I will have most of the toons and a bit of money (the prices of items are pretty high :().

But fighting the alb zerg and the hibs, and not having to wait 30 mins per fight is great, and most places on the map are pretty busy, including labyrinth.

And luckily I have no connection problems or delays, some people say they get delays, but in 3 months, only had 1 or 2 days where the connection has been a bit off.

If you do decide to come over, buy the 5th anniversary collection from a US Seller on Amazon, that includes all the expansions, and you are good to go.

And it's nice to have the patches up to date, a population of 1500-2200 every evening, and people wherever you go. Constant Dragon Raids, one guy does an arti evening every week, I'm really enjoying my time over on USA.

Oli - Illu

CorNokZ

Apparently I have become the "gm" of our guild.. Everytime I log on there's a new guy from Dyvet asking for a guild invite and I'm more than happy to invite anyone from the EU servers into our guild Cajun Squirrel Clan! :D

Last night even a US guy pm'd me asking for an invite because he had been playing with us for a couple of nights and thought we were ace, lol :D

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
Apparently I have become the "gm" of our guild.. Everytime I log on there's a new guy from Dyvet asking for a guild invite and I'm more than happy to invite anyone from the EU servers into our guild Cajun Squirrel Clan! :D

Last night even a US guy pm'd me asking for an invite because he had been playing with us for a couple of nights and thought we were ace, lol :D
damn you bastards, i wana start on US again now -.- curse myself for losing my credit card.

Septina

Part of the furniture
While active, the bug allowed hundreds of players to accumulate hundreds of thousands of RPs in the span of a few hours. An experienced player will know that acquiring that many RPs is something that takes weeks or possibly months to accomplish.

What.................... :eek2: ..........weeks............. months?!

CorNokZ

It's houndreds of thousands of rps! Could take YEARS to get passed rr5!

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Bitch please it took me a lot of time to get rr5 in 2003

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
alot of ald excal faces on devon m8e,you wil see a few sarumans hand running round,say hi :) if ya need any help with anything give us a shout...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom