RP bonus to soloers??

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Do you think it would be a good idea for someone who kills a target solo to get a % RP bonus?

And in addition to this if the person solo kills someone grouped the bonus is increased..

At the moment the RP scale for grouping is optimum in a full group of 8 people. And this is the fastest way of making Realm points.

this calculation should remain unchanged as full group RVR is the core foundation of daoc...

however there is also a definite solo game out there and any intelligent mmrpg caters for this aspect. Daoc is quite clever in that respect that its managed to combine both...

The thing about the solo side of daoc is its actually very hard for a number of reasons. Im not saying make it easier, Im saying what about making it slightley more rewarding RP wise to encourage it?

summin around 10% RP bonus for solo kills and 20% RP bonus if you kill grouped opponents??

Can already think of some flaws but what do you guys think?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
Do you think it would be a good idea for someone who kills a target solo to get a % RP bonus?

And in addition to this if the person solo kills someone grouped the bonus is increased..

At the moment the RP scale for grouping is optimum in a full group of 8 people. And this is the fastest way of making Realm points.

this calculation should remain unchanged as full group RVR is the core foundation of daoc...

however there is also a definite solo game out there and any intelligent mmrpg caters for this aspect. Daoc is quite clever in that respect that its managed to combine both...

The thing about the solo side of daoc is its actually very hard for a number of reasons. Im not saying make it easier, Im saying what about making it slightley more rewarding RP wise to encourage it?

summin around 10% RP bonus for solo kills and 20% RP bonus if you kill grouped opponents??

sounds like a nice idea ;) maybe i could get some more rps then :cheers:

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

Would it be enough to get you to solo? :touch:

I think a better idea would be something like katt's idea, for every extra person who attacks an ungrouped person the total rp he's worth should be halved or something. Kill a solo by yourself = 1000 rp, 2 ppl killing a solo = 250 each, 4 ppl killing a solo = 30 each.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I've thought of similer things.

Basically you just need a sliding scale similer to what we have for high RR vs Low RR enemies.

If grouped enemies attack and kill smaller groups or solo enemies the returns per group member are reduced.

Similer though if small group or a soloer kills a larger group they get the group bonus back.

You can use the same group bonus calculations really I suppose, which is 12.5 % per member I believe?

cuddled0rf

Fledgling Freddie
don't see much point in rewarding stealthers for adding on fg fights by giving em a bonus for killing someone whos grped, nor the good solo classes like sorcs. Likewise i dont think it will make mincer/infil duo's stop, the options are basicly to risk a larger reward against bigger risk (1vs1 assasin fight) or a sure kill with mincer instastun and dd's + FZ....easy choice imo. But then i do really loathe assasins and wish theyd go somewhere and gank eachother ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
more like a big fuck off penalty for attacking people with more than they are, or hell, add a penalty. negative rps for all adders, yes please

when they hit a certain level of negative points their own realmguards turn aggro and they get pooned 24/7

/dreams on

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
how about better yet a RP loss depending on how buffed you are. There you go that seems fairer because tbh if im in a fight i want people to add and help me out. i would rather live and get some rps than die ALLL the time and get none.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
how about better yet a RP loss depending on how buffed you are. There you go that seems fairer because tbh if im in a fight i want people to add and help me out. i would rather live and get some rps than die ALLL the time and get none.

I would rather have range on ALL buffs that requires consentration from the (buffbot), and make them group required aswell.
The solo rvr would have alot more desent fights, where you have time to activate a charge on a item or artifact, or maby use a potion, and also have the fight prolonged, so you get the adrenaline rush.
There is nothing more borring than beeing insta killed or two shotted. And also ANY full group running around would know that the random solo player they encounter in open area is unbuffed, "and for that", might consider leaving him/her, alive to solo fight´s.
I know i have made loads of post´s regarding buffbots, but every time im reminded of them i just cant help making a comment.

Regards Gorrion

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
The idea is very nice but prolly very hard to work in reallity, but sure I am for those poor players that go solo

popa

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

no m8 just too conplicated will be nice if /nohelp work on rvr comabt soo who "help" u get 0 rp

popa

Fledgling Freddie
katt! said:
..and -90% rp if 2 "solo" people attack the same target.
but stil are other point
if i am a roleplayer is a enemy he must die , i dont care if are 1 against him or 2fg

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
That's just stupid,sry ...

There already IS a huge advantage for soloers...
Its true, as a grp the overall rps gain of the whole grp is significally higher than when killing solo, but as all rps are split the gain per individual might not even come close to that of a soloer if there is a lack of enemies you can defeat. Even the perfect grp can't keep up with the rps gain of a soloer when there are only small grps of 2 to 4 out...
A soloer can go out 24/7 find some small grps and might get zerged sometimes which will still get him RPs in the end as he can return and leech on them...

A grp needs to be built, 8ppl will have to spend the same amount of time and will depend on each other not only in terms of skill, that's a weakness a soloer will never have... and when they go out they are limited to a few hours / day of effective farming coz there are few fgs running around 5am in the morning for example.

Apart from that obvious bonus soloers already have, this is a MMORPG not a damn singleplayer game without a gameover. Playing in grp, with others, is part of the whole concept behind the game. Thats why the game mechanics encourage grouping that much. So ppl don't run around on their own just coz that means more RPs you can pose with later.

Now for the balance issue, lets a assume your kind of system would be installed on the servers. Where would that put healers and support classes, those without a chance to effectivly kill anyone solo. They are already suffering from their need for a grp to actually gain rps. It might sound cool for ur Archer, Sorc or whatever fotm class but if u think about the overall impact of such a change no matter how slight it is it would turn the whole balance upside down.

Just look at World of Warcraft, Blizzards system does have a bonus for grpsplayers, but its only a few percent not making up for the splitting issue.
Outside of Warsong and Arathi u won't find many grplayers among highranks...

Think about it carefully.
A Soloers bonus is autonomy and its a huge one already. The current system makes up for it and thats good the way it is.

Fellavader

Fledgling Freddie
Make a lvl 50 battleground in which it is not possible to grp with other players.. and a player can not be attacked by more than one other player at a time in that zone.. so ppl who want to solo can go there, and the ppl who whine about adds on fg vs. fg fights should be happy then ;)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer its just a suggestion...

hehe also how about if you add u get a littel glow around you for 5 minutes like the ready break man type thing... Or a little tiny flying devil following you around :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Would encourage people to solo more...fine for stealth classes, but bad for a realm where it's hard enough trying to pursuade essential classes like sorcs to group as it is (many already prefer to solo). The bonus to killing grouped players would encourage soloers to attack groups more, hence increasing the incentive for groups to kill soloers. So although I can see where you're coming from, I'd say no :p A possiblity would be a penalty if when grouped you attack a group with fewer numbers or soloers, a sliding scale depending on the advantage you have. This would hurt unbalanced groups though - and although the l33t kids would yell "well run balanced groups then!!!!", the reality is that for many casual players this is the only way they get to rvr due to the relative shortage of support classes being played. So I guess overall I'd say leave it as it is ;)

illu

Part of the furniture
It would be nice to get access to new slightly more powerful weapons or items or abilities after certain numbers of solo kills,
Eg
500 kills +10 AF
1000 kills +2% Haste (stacks)
1500 kills +1 Long Wind
2000 kills 90% 30sec Caster Damage Reduction, 30 minute timer
3000 kills Feedback spell, all damage done to you is absorbed, and the enemy that attacked you gets hit by it, lasts for 10 seconds, 30 minute re-use timer
5000 kills Sword/Axe/Mainhand weap that has instakill proc that goes off 1in500 swings or something hehe

Would be fun :>

Oli - Illu

PS I think the system is fine at the moment. People have to make their RPs somehow, and if they want to steamroll people, fair enough. Of course it pisses me off, but on the other hand, there is no satisfaction in killing a soloer with 4+ people, and it gets boring after a while. Why play a game in a way that is boring? At least most fights I have, when I kill someone I think - yep that was good fun - and I get that "excitement" factor. Anyone can steamroll their way to RR9+, but kind of defeats the object of having fun.

PPS Papasan, I had you dammit :> (we were both on 10% last night after 1on1, and I landed Frosty Gaze :p then /nerf the archer that shot me first :> Bloody archers :> Going to look at the vid - find out who it was and add them to the "kill at all costs" list)

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
Fellavader said:
Make a lvl 50 battleground in which it is not possible to grp with other players.. and a player can not be attacked by more than one other player at a time in that zone.. so ppl who want to solo can go there, and the ppl who whine about adds on fg vs. fg fights should be happy then ;)

I really would like to see some kind of Arena battleground where equal sized grps and soloers can fight each other, this would include no or reduced(iam talking about something below 30%) rps gain to keep the focus on the main rvr zones.

But i guess something like that won't be put in before 1.999999g ;)

Lethul

FH is my second home
you would think a suggestion like that would come from a soloer atleast

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
It would be nice to get access to new slightly more powerful weapons or items or abilities after certain numbers of solo kills,
Eg
500 kills +10 AF
1000 kills +2% Haste (stacks)
1500 kills +1 Long Wind
2000 kills 90% 30sec Caster Damage Reduction, 30 minute timer
3000 kills Feedback spell, all damage done to you is absorbed, and the enemy that attacked you gets hit by it, lasts for 10 seconds, 30 minute re-use timer
5000 kills Sword/Axe/Mainhand weap that has instakill proc that goes off 1in500 swings or something hehe

Would be fun :>

Reminds me of that mod for UT2K4. Think an award system put in place could be cool but doubt it would ever happen as I doubt Mythic want to encourage soloing as they have really done their best so far to diminish such a way of playing, they want large epic zerg battles to conform with the so called 'roleplay' elements DAoC apparently has.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, i didn't know we're talking about our wet item/skill dreams here now, iam dropping out then...

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
more like a big fuck off penalty for attacking people with more than they are, or hell, add a penalty. negative rps for all adders, yes please

when they hit a certain level of negative points their own realmguards turn aggro and they get pooned 24/7

/dreams on

best idea ever

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
please dont give RP bonues to the solo sorcs and vamps out there :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'd much rather see more incentives for grouping :p

a "solo kill" bonus along the lines of the titles next patch (where you do the majority of the damage) might be nice but it'd just be an RP bonus for warlocks really ;)

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
and how much rps should the solo warlock get that unloads all his chambers onto a fg and kills one.. or perhaps even two?..

:(

doing /stats on most solo stealthers and doing /stats on ppl that grp.. you see that the solo stealthers gain ~50% of what the grped ppl do (fg) - but still this game is made for grping imho. so it should only work for stealthers and not for all classes that solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom