question to all Wardens out there

E

eneq

Do wardens aouto train in any skill ?

I have PL my warden (lvl 14 in 5 hours) and i have 3 in nurture....
CAnt remember if i put 3 in it before coming a warden or not...

E

eneq

hmm didnt find the answer there :p
But then again im tired at work :p

Will prolly take me 1 hour to get to 16-18 and ill find out b then :p

O

old.Glendower

The only thing we autotrain is RvR gimpness.

This is a great class for PvE, but it is crap for RvR the way they are now. Supposedly we may see some improvement next time they work on Hib, but dont hold your breath.

Glendower, lvl 50 RR5L5 warden

D

Danya

I think that list is incomplete qte, I'm fairly sure skalds auto battlesongs.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by old.Glendower

This is a great class for PvE, but it is crap for RvR the way they are now. Supposedly we may see some improvement next time they work on Hib, but dont hold your breath.

I dunno, i know we cant do any real damage, but im a tough lil healer, and damned hard to kill :)

Q

Qte Eth

yeah also looks its incomplete,but its only i found :)

A

ab_fluid

someone really needs to learn how to play warden or play with decent groups then, 6s pbt, max resist buffs, self buffs, 4xx heal, 200~ grp heal, 1900 hp, scale. Wardens offer a LOT to a group and take a lot of damage they don't hit hard ofc but thats not their job, is like a bard moaning about their melee dmg, although with hard capped swing speed warden when oom is a king at interupting casters/healers etc.

A

Amadon

afaik swing speed doesnt affect how well you interrupt, you're interrupted for the duration of the swing, so a slow weapon will interrupt you for say 5 seconds, whereas a fast weapon interrupts you for 2.5 seconds twice.. same effect.. you can't do shit :p

nerf mythic's interrupt code!

O

old.Glendower

Ab_fluid, I notice no warden listed in your sig. The reason I listed mine is because that way people like you cant spout off that I dont know my class. It so happens that I have gotten ALL my RPs in "pick up" groups also, as I have never wanted to join a guild. I am sure most folk will agree this is the hardest way to do it.

ANyone thinking of playing a warden can at least go read the warden TL reports for an intelligent analysis of the issues with wardens in RvR. Basically wardens, while supposedly being a defensive class, have no real way of protecting team members other than with PBT (no sheild ability, no snare, no stun, no mez, no significant damage to enemies busily killing casters/healers).

All the same, I will hit the highpoints for you:

Healing in RvR is screwed up and inneffective cross realms. Most viable healing relies on instas.

Wardens do not have 1900 HP, even fully buffed.

PBT is instantly nullified whenever the warden is stunned, mezzed, etc, and this happens constantly.

Our scale armor was nerfed to be weak to slash.

I doubt there are many wardens out there with a spec that is high enough in nurture AND regrowth to have all the ablities you list, as this would seriously nerf their pathetic combat abilities. It is possible, I suppose.

Wardens as a class are unfinished, red-headed stepchildren.

A

ab_fluid

Ab_fluid, I notice no warden listed in your sig. The reason I listed mine is because that way people like you cant spout off that I dont know my class. It so happens that I have gotten ALL my RPs in "pick up" groups also, as I have never wanted to join a guild. I am sure most folk will agree this is the hardest way to do it.

ANyone thinking of playing a warden can at least go read the warden TL reports for an intelligent analysis of the issues with wardens in RvR. Basically wardens, while supposedly being a defensive class, have no real way of protecting team members other than with PBT (no sheild ability, no snare, no stun, no mez, no significant damage to enemies busily killing casters/healers).

All the same, I will hit the highpoints for you:

Healing in RvR is screwed up and inneffective cross realms. Most viable healing relies on instas.

Wardens do not have 1900 HP, even fully buffed.

PBT is instantly nullified whenever the warden is stunned, mezzed, etc, and this happens constantly.

Our scale armor was nerfed to be weak to slash.

I doubt there are many wardens out there with a spec that is high enough in nurture AND regrowth to have all the ablities you list, as this would seriously nerf their pathetic combat abilities. It is possible, I suppose.

Wardens as a class are unfinished, red-headed stepchildren.

i have 1872 hp's buffed by guild druids.

don't get mezzed, u see a group you instantly run out to the side to avoid it.

As i said wardens suck at combat, they r not an offensive class so why try to be? i have 49 nurture and 33 regrowth, 25 blades 14 parry. 33 spec heal casts near cap speed for 4xx hp's, group heal has a slight variance but heals all members for 170+.

Slash weak armour, k, again run before you get hit like any druid would do you have pbt so first attempt at slam on you is missing anyway, hit sprint and you won't get caught. Alternatively play for agro, get right to the front of your group let people see you healing! gather a nice group of tanks on you and run to you nearest mana mage, works nicely.

And tbh saying that insta healing is the only effectve way? thats really really not true, you either play with too many nature druids, combat wardens or jsut people who generally don't know how to play their class, decent druid can heal for 600+ and 300~ grp heals. insta's r timered you got about 2secs inbetween casting grp heals... do the maths.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Amadon
afaik swing speed doesnt affect how well you interrupt, you're interrupted for the duration of the swing, so a slow weapon will interrupt you for say 5 seconds, whereas a fast weapon interrupts you for 2.5 seconds twice.. same effect.. you can't do shit :p

nerf mythic's interrupt code!

sorry maybe i badly worded my comment, i meant it as having a very fast swing speed means you can change targets and interupt numerous mages/healers quicker than you can with say a spear.

O

old.Glendower

Well, since you have it all figured out, guess I wont waste my time trying to have a reasonable discussion with you.

Those are all nice theories tho.

Like I say, anyone thinking of playing this class nees to go read the TL report.

And since I am not in a guild, I dont get a buffbot.

O

old.Verata

Actually, you both make very generalised and largely inaccurate comments:

17xx is standard for most Druid-buffed Wardens. 1872 is pretty uber (unless you have Aug Con / Toughness).

It's VERY hard to avoid mezz in RvR, particularly as Wardens tend to be easily spotted and targetted (the medium shield is a giveaway). If you can avoid mezz that easily, you must be pretty uber.

Scale armour was not "nerfed" to be vulnerable to slash. One of the realms main tank armour had to be vulnerable to it - Hib was just unlucky.

Castable heals in RvR are not ineffective - only the player is. RvR battles do not hinge on instas.

Glen, Wardens aren't gimped. We're nearly balanced and only need one or two tweaks to be complete. The problem isn't Mythic screwing up the class - it's everyone expecting the class to be something it isn't.

Fluid, sheesh you some kind of uber Warden dude. I wish it was as easy for the rest of us as it is for you...

P.S. I'm specced 49 Nurt / 42 Reg / 6 Blunt / 12 Parry. I've chosen to be a healing Warden because it's what I'm good at and it's how I feel the class is most effective. Opinions may vary...

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by old.Verata

It's VERY hard to avoid mezz in RvR, particularly as Wardens tend to be easily spotted and targetted (the medium shield is a giveaway). If you can avoid mezz that easily, you must be pretty uber.

Having purge with aoe mezzes is a lil hard to use properly, sure u can purge yerself, but then what? Bubble up, heal or fight and yer enemies will spot you. I try to get round this by waiting for them to start attacking, if yer lucky that they dont take you out first, then purge and hit bubble while they are busy.

Yer right, avoiding mezz isnt easy, but there are many ways to get around the problem tho.

H

<Harle>

No need to recast bubble after purging your mezz if it was running when you got mezzed in the first place. So all the enemy sees is a scale-wearer purging his mezz...

T

Tank Init

whit that spec why didnt you just roll a druid?

N

Novamir

because druids can't spec weapon or parry, and don't get PBT ?

T

Tank Init

6 blunt and 12 parry wicked spec lol you call that speccing in weapon and parry might as well put 1 in each, so that part of your argument just went out the window

and u also become a 3rd rate healer, out healed by both bards and druids (both have spec group heal), the only thing you out heal is a mentalist and that only coz they cant group heal

also they cant cure disease or posion, hell i wont even get into the bit about bubble and mana going down all the time

let me guess how this char is played, buff group with blues, put on resist buffs, turn on bubble and stick to someone then watch tv or go out, seems like a waste of £6 a month to me

N

Novamir

I seem to remember you were flaming me earlier on for not letting people spec how they want :rolleyes: Now who's saying whats a gimp spec?

A warden does small damage. However if they are full heal specced, the chances of either the warden or druid being free to heal during the fight to heal is higher. Wardens generally survive a long time.

I have no objection to how wardens play their char, go find someone else to fail at flaming.

E

elerand

My spec is 49 nurture, 33 regrowth, 25 blades, 14 parry.

Very happy it, would have liked to have gone 6 blades tho cos in pve taunt is about it and in rvr I'll never hit for much.

As for wardens not healing as well as bards, well a lot more wardens are regrowth specced these days so our single target is decent (i do 421 spec and 309-327 base).

I've been to some places as sole healer and been praised for my speed and ability to conserve mana while under pressure.

A good healer is unarguably better than a lazy one and I've seen too manyof the latter.

Could also argue tanks are pants when mezzed, can't protect or kill but I think RA's should reflect a wardens role, in my case more mana fast, purge to keep PBT up and TWF if i ever get the rps for it ;)

Some of the wardens self-buffs need a tweak, and our weaponskill/dmg table could use a little upping but only so that different warden specs are more viable throughout the game.

I don't think I'm a tank, I don't play like one, unless I see a situation where it's an advantage to do so without risking my grp.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by elerand
My spec is 49 nurture, 33 regrowth, 25 blades, 14 parry.

Very happy it, would have liked to have gone 6 blades tho cos in pve taunt is about it and in rvr I'll never hit for much.

As for wardens not healing as well as bards, well a lot more wardens are regrowth specced these days so our single target is decent (i do 421 spec and 309-327 base).

I've been to some places as sole healer and been praised for my speed and ability to conserve mana while under pressure.

A good healer is unarguably better than a lazy one and I've seen too manyof the latter.

Could also argue tanks are pants when mezzed, can't protect or kill but I think RA's should reflect a wardens role, in my case more mana fast, purge to keep PBT up and TWF if i ever get the rps for it ;)

Some of the wardens self-buffs need a tweak, and our weaponskill/dmg table could use a little upping but only so that different warden specs are more viable throughout the game.

I don't think I'm a tank, I don't play like one, unless I see a situation where it's an advantage to do so without risking my grp.

same spec, same opinion, would have rolled a hero or the like if i wanted to to be a massive damage dealer.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by old.Verata
Actually, you both make very generalised and largely inaccurate comments:

17xx is standard for most Druid-buffed Wardens. 1872 is pretty uber (unless you have Aug Con / Toughness).

Scale armour was not "nerfed" to be vulnerable to slash. One of the realms main tank armour had to be vulnerable to it - Hib was just unlucky.

Castable heals in RvR are not ineffective - only the player is. RvR battles do not hinge on instas.

Glen, Wardens aren't gimped. We're nearly balanced and only need one or two tweaks to be complete. The problem isn't Mythic screwing up the class - it's everyone expecting the class to be something it isn't.

Fluid, sheesh you some kind of uber Warden dude. I wish it was as easy for the rest of us as it is for you...

P.S. I'm specced 49 Nurt / 42 Reg / 6 Blunt / 12 Parry. I've chosen to be a healing Warden because it's what I'm good at and it's how I feel the class is most effective. Opinions may vary...

i got toughness 1 and aug con 1, capped hits and con and enough for aug 3 before hp's hit the hard cap. I never said it was easy for me, i was just stating the basics for what i try to do in RvR and i love playing the char, see it as pretty complete and valuable in groups.

Users who are viewing this thread