To all good rangers out there

P

-palan-

why not?

i'm a ranger trying to help someone who wants to become one.

never said anything as to if i'm good or not :)

also if u wanna post something, then please something usefull, since u should know some things on playing a archer too.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by -palan-
also if u wanna post something, then please something usefull, since u should know some things on playing a archer too.

You'd think so wouldnt you :)

O

old.Music

Originally posted by Spamb0t
atm im:
30stealth
40bow (39)
39blade (40)
36pf
22cd

this is my specc also, and i find it doing nicely for me. but with the low stealth u will have a hard time soloing. if u get to 50, try and get a guild who does regular rvr and u'll be fine :)

to tyka:
pf is very much needed for a ranger to lvl, but if u have preset xp group or use /respec when u hit 50 and are 100% sure of group, then yes remove pf completly.

a rangers role in a group is to support u bard druids when they have invaders on them, and go for the mages tho they are mostly dead before u fire u first arrow :) also interrupt the invader groups healers. we aint dmg dealers anymore, but if played right in a group that are used to a ranger in it, u can be a valid group member and not just the "leecher" :)

T

Tyreus

Celt Ranger

Stealth 38
Pierce 30
Celtic Dual 10
Pathfinding 40
Recurve bow 42

0pts left

I reckon that's a pretty good solo template imo. Stealth is easily made to 50 using RR2 and +11 to stealth (between items and SC) and bow to 50 same way..

25 pierce gives you an excellent evade/stun style, I put the extra 5 pts in to make dmg more consistent and also for the ability to wield Dobs Bloody Fang should the chance ever arrive.

Pierce is better for stealther classes imho because most assassins use a Str/con debuf and pierce is only 50% str based so you don't get gimped so much when it strikes whereas with blades your dmg gets totally nerfed when poisoned...Most TL's will probably agree that the blade/celtic dual spec line lacks good styles for stealther classes..

/awaits spam telling me I'm gimped ;)

In practice though remains to be seen for me as I've only been 50 since Sunday ;)

Users who are viewing this thread