question to all Wardens out there

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by elerand
My spec is 49 nurture, 33 regrowth, 25 blades, 14 parry.

Very happy it, would have liked to have gone 6 blades tho cos in pve taunt is about it and in rvr I'll never hit for much.

As for wardens not healing as well as bards, well a lot more wardens are regrowth specced these days so our single target is decent (i do 421 spec and 309-327 base).

I've been to some places as sole healer and been praised for my speed and ability to conserve mana while under pressure.

A good healer is unarguably better than a lazy one and I've seen too manyof the latter.

Could also argue tanks are pants when mezzed, can't protect or kill but I think RA's should reflect a wardens role, in my case more mana fast, purge to keep PBT up and TWF if i ever get the rps for it ;)

Some of the wardens self-buffs need a tweak, and our weaponskill/dmg table could use a little upping but only so that different warden specs are more viable throughout the game.

I don't think I'm a tank, I don't play like one, unless I see a situation where it's an advantage to do so without risking my grp.

I play very similar spec, although i went for 21 blades 20 parry ;)

I luv it and like yerself i love playing a support style warden

O

old.Verata

Sheesh kinda hard to figure out whre to start on this one. First up, Tank, that's quite possibly the most uneducated answer I've ever seen on these boards, including all the whines.

Originally posted by Tank Init
6 blunt and 12 parry wicked spec lol you call that speccing in weapon and parry might as well put 1 in each, so that part of your argument just went out the window

Ooookay, so I should rather spec high in a weapon so that tanks can kite me for the duration of a fight and in the end turn around and wipe me out? I only need 6 in weapon to interrupt a caster or healer, the one facet of melee that Wardens are good at.

and u also become a 3rd rate healer, out healed by both bards and druids (both have spec group heal), the only thing you out heal is a mentalist and that only coz they cant group heal

You know many bards that heal for 550+? I don't. And group heals should never be a major factor to a decent healer, except for LoS circumstances.

also they cant cure disease or posion, hell i wont even get into the bit about bubble and mana going down all the time

Wardens will have cure disease/poison in an upcoming patch. It's pretty stupid that we're the only Naturalist class that doesn't have them and Mythic has acknowledged that. Besides, seeing as you have a Naturalist char (Twisting = Bard?), how often do you use either cure spell in RvR? Not exactly something that decides the outcome of a battle is it? Not like say... a few 550 heals?

And please do get into the bit about mana and bubble. With Serenity 3 and MCL2 I don't have an issue with it, but no doubt you do.

let me guess how this char is played, buff group with blues, put on resist buffs, turn on bubble and stick to someone then watch tv or go out, seems like a waste of £6 a month to me

You know, it's not a crime to be stupid, but you really should avoid advertising the fact. You'll only end up embarassing yourself. Really, if you're going to take the time to post a reply to a thread that doesn't relate to you at all, at least try to make it *slightly* relevant and maybe base it on fact.

You come across as one of those people who think they know everything about every class because they once specced a 50 char on Catacombs. If you don't like my spec, don't group with me. But don't criticise my choice of spec just because you don't agree with it. Just because you wouldn't do it that way, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.

Damn, a person can only take so much politeness...

On a side note: Although the logic might seem superior to you, I didn't roll a Druid because I wanted a Warden. I don't want to be a buffbot or primary healer. I chose Warden because of it's versatility and I chose my spec because I can now keep my group members alive for a hell of a long time. If you feel the need to criticise, do it to someone else and pick a subject you know more about.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy bastard...

H

<Harle>

Originally posted by old.Verata
how often do you use either cure spell in RvR? Not exactly something that decides the outcome of a battle is it?

I really wish more people would realise that cure poison spells remove a DoT-effect, and that spell really should be up at your quickbar. Same with confusion insta-killing Theurg-pets - few know about it, even less actually do it. But i guess that's something people don't learn at fins...

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by &lt;Harle&gt;

I really wish more people would realise that cure poison spells remove a DoT-effect, and that spell really should be up at your quickbar. Same with confusion insta-killing Theurg-pets - few know about it, even less actually do it. But i guess that's something people don't learn at fins...

true but u try casting cure poisen on a FG that just got AE dotted by a cabby, its just easier just to spam a couple of grp heals to cover the dmg the dot did, the confusion on pets, i really really wish peeps would use tho, i hate running around with 10 Air pets chain stunning my arse

H

<Harle>

I usually concentrate on curing the dot on the weak elphs at least then ;)

C

Cloak_

AFAIK the confusion-insta kill thuerg pets thing is being removed :(

But when i played my bard i used it all the time :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread