To all good rangers out there

H

hrun

....and those who think they are ;)

Just created a ranger (luri) and I'd like some suggestions how to spec it. How much should I raise bow for ex.. thx

O

old.Reno

my spec:
39 rb
39 pierce
46 pathfinding
25 stealth
5 cd

Just a possible spec

P

-palan-

depends on how u wanna play ur ranger.

if ur about to start RvRing at about lvl40ish and only go out to the frontiers once in a while then go high bow and pathfinding for soloing. if u think u can get groups regulary then raie ur melee a bit aswell forget about stealth first.

my spec is :

base with items/realmrank
40bow 55
40path 44
35blades 50
25CD 40
28stealth 43

(if i remember right)

i'm a celt ranger thats why i went for blades, because of higher str etc. as luri i'd suggest going for pierce due to high base dex.

u'll notice that u'll be meleeing a lot now as a ranger due to the amount of assassins out there, thats why most ranger either spec or respecced to high melee.

if uonly want a bg ranger, go for max bow and rest in path and stealth for soloing, might be better to hear what others say about this, since i never played bgs with my ranger.

hope this helped for a start :)

A

Arrows

Originally posted by old.Reno
my spec:
39 rb
39 pierce
46 pathfinding
25 stealth
5 cd

Just a possible spec

a v good spec imo ...
i personally took piercing down to 34 and upped cd to 15
just cos in rvr i dont think ill get the last part of the anytime off and wanted a little bit more in cd ... but the fourth anytime has good + damage on so down to a personal pref on that one

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by old.Reno
my spec:
39 rb
39 pierce
46 pathfinding
25 stealth
5 cd

Just a possible spec

Aye, very nice spec, one of these days ill post mine here so you can all have a good laugh :)

P

-palan-

if i could get another respec i'd lower my bow to 35 and have 50with itemz&rr, then i'd raise blades to 39atleast for the fireblade follow up.

i think 40path is minimum. i'm used to only take base buffs from bards/druids and still use my own buffs, cause i hate it when the healer dies rightat the fight and u can't do shit because u lost ur dex/qui buff...
this doesn't matter for buffbot user tho :)

anyone up fo a dragon raid? :great:

T

Tyka

Why spec so high pathfinding, does the ranger self buffs stack with druid ones, or are they just as good and dont stack?

I mean if you are a group ranger you would usually get good buffs, and you could spec high wpn and high bow just for great dmg.

V

VodkaFairy

They aren't much better than druid buffs.. the damage add is usefull though..

P

-palan-

damage add rox

no they don't stack

high path is good for none buffbot users and if u play like me, when u don't wanna be totaly useless after te drood in ur group died, cause that is what we are without dex/qui.... :)

also good if ur group ain't got a drood

T

Tyka

So if you scrap PF ranger would actually rock, when playing in a group with a druid.

Damn

P

-palan-

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

if ur 100%totaly mega sure that u'll always be playing with ur drood m8;

then remove pf completly from ur spec, and get ur melee and bow maxed as good as pos.

u would gimp urself like that tho... :eek:

T

Tyka

Alot of classes are like that, like the one i play now, in rvr i need at least 3 other classes to be worth something to a group, and i think i could offer that for a good class.

T

Tyka

50 piercing
41 RB
39 CD
11 Stealth

1 point leftover

ubar group range imo ;x

P

-palan-

i think most rangers expect to be soloing alot in RvR later and even if u say they can't solo anymore, they have to cause what those a ranger give a good emain group for excample?

rangers lives are belong to odins or hadrians, where they try and solo or hunt together with other stealthers and for that u'll need high pf.

(don't think i'm whining! i like it the way it is atm)

i sometimes looked out of ligen just to find a few guildgroups or just a few ungrouped afk guys there. then i just get my medallion to mid and have some fun there. its not the fast an insane RPs but..........

wtf this wasn't about the thread...

T

Tyka

Not talking about rps, don't care, talk about viability in groups and how much you would be wanted.

V

vintervargen

cant say alderians exp spec since i didnt lvl him, but atm with rr+ and sc its :

30+16 stealth
40+10 bow
39+16 blades
36+5 pathfinding
and about 30 in CD

working fine, dont know if piercing is better for a ranger tho.

P

-palan-

ok

we're good in staying hidden till the start fights, evading the mezz and then striking the casters healers from range, but in emain goups i don't think u can do that to often anymore.

in wall fights u'll just be nearisght spamed if ur not carefull enough and u won't deal another dmg to get past the healing most of the times

can't say much about grouping here realy tyka, i have't been to emain or in any big zerg fights for ages so...

also i don't know what to spec into if i'd remove my pf.
its more or less proven that bow past 50 is rather worthless. except for the average dmg variance.

speccing stealth, don't have to say much about that have i? :)

then there would be the melee. CD is ok but realy not worth getting to high and blades/pierce... most got that at about 35-44ish anyway.

so why should u remoe pf

S

Spamb0t

atm im:
30stealth
40bow
39blade
36pf
22cd

will most likely respec to something like:
32stealth
35bow
39pierce
36pf
27cd

C

censi

dont take path above 36.

Just balance out your specc so you can do a bit of everything...

dont do sniper specc ne more.

balance it out.

P

-palan-

:great:

most of the current specs are like that anyway by now, still that without pf ain't to bad an idea

only sniper specs were the scouts with their 50bow specs in the old days

as censi said balance ur spec so that u do some decent bow/melee dmg. the most common specs are in theis thread anyway :)

H

hrun

Think this is the spec im going for:

Recurv : 39
CD: 19
Path: 36
Pierce: 39
stealth: 33

(not too sure about the stealth though and the 27 bow specc sounds nice... if it works like the author says)

and thx for all the answers :)

P

-palan-

Aussie, this thread has nothing to do with u ... :rolleyes:

for 27bow spec i think if i got that right then ur average dmg on normal(crit shots too?) will variance a lot more so u might get some :

u shoot xxx for 400dmg

u shoot same xxx for 200dmg right after that.

thats how i understand it from reading the other posts about ranger specs.

Users who are viewing this thread