About wardens..

L

leap

AS i seen many xp grps started up, and they want warden (cerc/adari) and from personal experience all i can say is why people tend not to do wardens imho :)

1. They're dmg output is crap, if u wanna tank/hit stuff make a tank (most ppl do)
2. They dont heal v. good, only lately they got their RA's for increased heal power (still pretty bugged imo)
3. They are a boring class to run in rvr with, great in pve but lack a bit in rvr imho.
4. PBT who wanna be a pbt bot?!

ok, this are my POV i didnt say noone should play warden.

N

-Nuked-

2 tanks + warden rather then 3 tanks means 1 more space for a dmg dealer imo :p

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by leap
AS i seen many xp grps started up, and they want warden (cerc/adari) and from personal experience all i can say is why people tend not to do wardens imho :)

1. They're dmg output is crap, if u wanna tank/hit stuff make a tank (most ppl do)
2. They dont heal v. good, only lately they got their RA's for increased heal power (still pretty bugged imo)
3. They are a boring class to run in rvr with, great in pve but lack a bit in rvr imho.

not everyone wants to rvr

M

mastade

Im afraid your right, i hope that mythic fixes wardens.. at some point..

K

knackor(MID)

i disagree,i quite like playing my warden in PvE atm(still lvl'n him up) and have also been talking to a few well known warden's on excal,benefits of using a warden in rvr

PBT(v.nice ;p)
can interupt/hurt(very little) enemy casters/healers
baseline buffs(if needed)
backup heals (if needed at 50 i should be able to heal for about 400[i hope])

C

Coccas

Originally posted by knackor(MID)

backup heals (if needed at 50 i should be able to heal for about 400[i hope])

at lvl 50 with 33 reg and mastery of healing 2 i heal for 487 with spec heal

J

jox

1. They're dmg output is crap.
3. They are a boring.
4. who wanna be?!

Well Leap, some of your text fits Albions wardens also(se above).

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Coccas
at lvl 50 with 33 reg and mastery of healing 2 i heal for 487 with spec heal

Its a nice heal (my warden heals for the same) and with capped dex its a fast heal, only problem is that wardens have no specced group heals (pretty much the main healing type used in rvr) which limits their usefulness as a healer in rvr making them a backup healer at best.

I love playing my warden in rvr, but to try and be anything other than a backup healer is unrealistic, wardens have many other abilities that need to be fully utilised to make the most out of the class in rvr.

E

Ensceptifica

I love playing a warden in both PvE and RvR. Jack of all trades, master of the pbt ( ; And the resists are nice. Still don't know how warden resists are going to be nerfed, but I heard they will be.

R

Rubric

My Warden bored the hell out of me once i got to 50. And now i cant be bothered to level another char.

L

lekkus

Leapy !1 You didnt liked you're warden a year ago remember ;).
Myself are still clueless how to (re-)spec him now, really liked how it was but now...sigh

B

boni_ofdavoid

Ran a fg with 3 wardens 2 druids 1 bard 1 hero, 1 manaeld tonight :)

With that many wardens damage output was fairly low but I wasnt really scared of dying at any point.

Wardens dont excel at anything (except resists and pbt, dont ever forget the resists, make a difference imho), but then again they can do a little bit of everything to suit the situation.

O

oblivion_6

hmm we usually take a warden out with us on GGs and i cant say ive noticed them being bad

does PBT not work in rvr then? i thought it did

and what boni said those resists are nice

O

old.Thanatlos

Funny thing about pbt and resists which everyone praises as THE reason to group wardens.. I recently respecced to 38 nurture, and hardly anyone even noticed so the main thing wardens are grouped for (PASSIVE skills) aren't even noticed when they herald diminished results.
PBT used to work great. Now 50% of players have some kind of dual wield ability (Mercs, Savages, Zerkers, SB's, Inf's, Blademasters, Rangers, Nightshades) and the change of /assist command made melee trains possible. (slow duel wielder is stop 1 mainhand every 2 swings, fast dual wielder is stop 1 mainhand every 3 or 4 swings, helps but not much)
PBT used to work great against archers too but now they can just ignore PBT unless they're stupid enough to pick the PBT caster himself as target.

Resists will probably soon be reduced too because of the unfair resists mages have to fight against atm.

So basically the warden class is pinned on passive abilities that are diminishing each patch without much compensation (yay, damage add chant got increased range!)

I currently very much see wardens go the way of the thane, sure they got a lot of tricks, but each and every other class do those tricks much better AND then some.

Mythic really has to turn the role of the warden (and friar,shaman and maybe bard) from mainly passive to a very active and productive role.
And i don't mean substandard healing/fighting as an active role. (although i heal 600-1200 per heal but so can a druid if speced to 42 regrowth and then he has a better group heal, insta's, spreads, cures, even bigger/faster heals)

They need to link up the individual speclines of hybrids and make them work together, not heal or fight, make it heal and fight, add styles that totally clear combat timers and allows you to sort of quickcast a heal in between. Make a small heal neediest healproc style. Add styles that give a chance to guard someone with your parry.

I don't know, make us unique not by passives but by things we can bring to a group that will make us valuable in the thing we've been told to do: Fight and heal, we are better at fighting than druids (barely) yet we cannot provide the same defence a druid can provide. We survive longer than druids (barely) yet druids manage to keep their group alive even when they are under attack while we are supposed to be the masters of the combat and healing combination.

Ah well, wardens still rock for their undefined role and they are what you make of them! :)
Boring to some, a challenge to others :)

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by old.Thanatlos
Mythic really has to turn the role of the warden (and friar,shaman and maybe bard) from mainly passive to a very active and productive role.
Wont comment otherwise but what the fuck? Friar melees decently and has some backup heals, nowhere near a "passive role", only passive thing they do is resists. *GOOD* shamans dont spec mend and go for aug/cave, and they use disease and dots quite a lot o_O, dont see how you can say shaman is "passive" and then comes the bard, the class that has to do the MOST in fights.. mez, heal, swap songs etc, everyone knows how much "passively" (no mez etc) played bards are liked :O

O

old.Tzeentch

have to agree with eleas.. bard is far from mainly passive.. problem with bard it is way too active for many :]

shamans and friars are pretty decent too.. shaman can play a similar role to a bard, interrupt spam and that pain in the arse disease.. friar does very decent melee damage, especially on RF users.. other than that, agree that there is something fundamentally wrong with the warden.. should be some amalgamation methinks between the bard/warden, but that would really be a core change in hib..

O

oblivion_6

bards aint passive

if they are they get kicked in by the group :p

saying that i wish mythic would try and make bards more viable to attack peeps in rvr with weap while still doing songs

maybe a toa master abillity?

O

old.Tzeentch

i would love to be able to lose the instruments and chant songs. or instantly start them.

so shit being the only speed/end class that is instantly visible to everyone with such a bad defense

O

old.Thanatlos

What I meant with passive was, have options to do things but less well than other classes, but the options conflict with eachother. So I'm sorry, passive was the wrong word.

Friars hit stuff quite hard, but not as hard as real tanks, nor do they get det, cheap RA's etc, hp and all the advantages of a real tank. Instead they get passive group abilities and an OPTION to heal which conflicts with their apparently main task of fighting. (can't do both)

Shamans same thing, they get some magic abilities, can heal and have buffs. Buffs go with everything but magic and heals the combination that makes them special conflict in a large way.

Bards have even more of the hybrid conflicts: can't CC/fight/heal at the same time, nor can they fight when playing their passive group abilities. (thank god they can heal and CC while playing a song)

So basically what I'm trying to say is that hyb rids are special because they can do certain combinations of things but atm these things all conflict like hell and should be brought together more.

M

Marwolaeth

Why does everyone want shield spec for wardens? Yet another spec line for us to try and squeeze our paltry 1.5 per level spec point pool into??

IMO give us the bloody 2 x per level spec points we require and then lets see whether we can make somthing of our wardens worthwhile!

Ok thats my "Oh please please please" wish over with, now to reality :D

Best use for a warden I have found? Stick to the back of a tank and /assist him... you give alot more dmg add then dmg adds (i.e. you're hitting the target) + you make sure your tank is in range for pbt....

Another good point in RvR is that I look like a Hero...I'm a big firbolg with a medium shield and a large sword strung across my back (purely for show). Only way the enemy can really tell that I'm the guy supplying 7/10 of the baseline buffs to my group + pbt is if I heal, so normally I am one of the last to die and so the group has buffs for as long as possible.

Must admit though I wish I could do more dmg in RvR...getting hit for about 300 dmg and only hitting back for about 120 is rather embarrasing. Main reason why I respecced to 35 regrowth...460 is a nice heal just a pity that as someone said, Wardens get stiffed in the group heal department :(

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Marwolaeth
Why does everyone want shield spec for wardens? Yet another spec line for us to try and squeeze our paltry 1.5 per level spec point pool into??

Drop all but 6 in blades for taunt.

Rest in Shields.

36 Nurture, 33 regrowth, 42 shield, 6 Blades, 11 parry.

Fits nicely imho.

8 sec pbt not as nice as 6, but hey, pbt isnt the greatest thing nowadays.

Imagine a low dmg slambot/backup healer/bubble bot with baseline buffs, yum yum :)

O

old.Moriaana

That don't sound too bad tbh. Shame it's never gonna happen :p

Users who are viewing this thread