Ps3

Aada

Part of the furniture
My favorite would have to be farcry i loved that game

You lose all credit right there, if you said Halflife i would agree because that is a great game.

Farcry?

If Farcry wasn't set on a gorgeous island the game would have got an average score because lets face it the AI sucks balls in that game you fire at 1 guy and the whole island automaticaly sees you and starts shooting you. The AI just runs at you like a spaz and doesn't grasp the concept of cover to be honest.

Farcry is a horrible game, gameplay wise.

Halo is a great game wait lets rephrase that it is the best FPS you will get on any platform it blows anything the Playstation has to offer and it has done since Halo was released when it first came out period.

People say Halo sucks but they never say why.

Story? it has one and for an FPS it is a good one at that.

Multiplayer? Probably one of the best Multiplayer games you can play for a console/PC.

Graphics? leaves everything else for dust.

AI? Challenging and they actually use team work/cover to beat you.

Gameplay? It's an FPS nothing different to any other except the odd thing here and there.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Here's why, because it's very dull to play. INCREDIBLY repetitive level design (I had deja vu lots and lots). It looks nice, multiplayer may be good I dunno, I don't care about that, I'm purely commenting on the single player game.

It stinks.

Vis a vis Far Cry - sounds like you just didn't know what you were doing. If you stay in the shadows/hidden away and use the silenced MP5 they don't all come running. If you make lots of noise they do. Far Cry is a fantastic game (half-life is better though).

Aada

Part of the furniture
Here's why, because it's very dull to play. INCREDIBLY repetitive level design (I had deja vu lots and lots). It looks nice, multiplayer may be good I dunno, I don't care about that, I'm purely commenting on the single player game.

It stinks.

Vis a vis Far Cry - sounds like you just didn't know what you were doing. If you stay in the shadows/hidden away and use the silenced MP5 they don't all come running. If you make lots of noise they do. Far Cry is a fantastic game (half-life is better though).

FPS level design is usually the same in all FPS your point being? Half Life 2 looks almost the same from start to finish except the crappy last mission design and god awful ending.

I sniped a guy from a long way off in that game, headshot 2mins later pretty much every bad guy in that area of the island was on me.

You can also pretty much forget about hiding in that game because all the guards seem to have noses like a dog.

In the WHOLE world there is a small minority of people that don't like Halo and of the billion that do like it you what to wonder what the people who don't like it are on.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Funny, I played Far Cry all the way through and stealthed quite a bit of the time. Sniper rifles make very loud noises. I frequently used the MP5-silenced and managed to pick people off without getting agro all the time. Also lying down in the foliage I would be able to sneak by guards looking for me with very little hassle. Sounds less like bad game design, more like you just didn't know how to play the game.

As for halo - no not every FPS is like that at all. Loads of halo levels used the same bit over and over - it was like some 80's arcade game recycling parts with slightly more difficulty each time. So my point would be, Halo has shit level design which makes it VERY boring to play.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I have to agree with Aada on this one. As much as I loved the graphics and gameplay, it had some really annoying bugs.

soze

I am a FH squatter
You lose all credit right there, if you said Halflife i would agree because that is a great game.

Farcry?

If Farcry wasn't set on a gorgeous island the game would have got an average score because lets face it the AI sucks balls in that game you fire at 1 guy and the whole island automaticaly sees you and starts shooting you. The AI just runs at you like a spaz and doesn't grasp the concept of cover to be honest.

Halo is a great game wait lets rephrase that it is the best FPS you will get on any platform it blows anything the Playstation has to offer and it has done since Halo was released when it first came out period.

Multiplayer? Probably one of the best Multiplayer games you can play for a console/PC.

Gameplay? It's an FPS nothing different to any other except the odd thing here and there.

You must have missed the part where i said it was my favorite game. I did not say its was the best FPS ever made but as you have mentioned it Half Life batters Halo in every way.

I said i like halo fine as a PC game but my personaly prefer Farcry.

I think Naths right and your the type of person that finishes Hitman games without knowing you can change cothes and sneak about.

Aada

Part of the furniture
You must have missed the part where i said it was my favorite game. I did not say its was the best FPS ever made but as you have mentioned it Half Life batters Halo in every way.

I said i like halo fine as a PC game but my personaly prefer Farcry.

I think Naths right and your the type of person that finishes Hitman games without knowing you can change cothes and sneak about.

If you look on any Farcry forum you will see tons of posts about the AI in the game it's not just me.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie

Farcry?

Who needs comedians when we have Aada.

As for your comment about it being cool to hate Halo, I have always disliked Halo, it never impressed me and I don't feel drawn to it at all. I've never gone back on my words about it and I find it extraordinarily boring.

FarCry was a very good game, I saw no problems with the AI as such, you could hide in dark corners, cower in bushes and many other places without being spotted, of course it depends on sound too.

I would fully expect to have a whole island of bad guys after me if I capped one of their mates with an unsilenced weapon, is that bad AI or realism?

What you said about Halo in that post is great Aada, really top marks for being a class A idiot, whilst also maintaining a decent degree of humour.

Best FPS on any platform ever? Oh please...

One of the best multiplayer games you can buy on any platform? .. what have you been smoking?

AI challenging?
little kids can complete Halo without problem, the AI is nothing special, and it's funny that you praise Halo's AI but dismiss FarCry's.

Graphics.. leaving everything for dust? oh this one is a good one! The graphics are nothing special, again, wasn't impressed. As Nath has said, dull, monotonous level design makes it very dreary.

Halo sucks because it's an average game, hyped up by fanboys such as yourself and talked about by the same kind of people. It doesn't have great AI, it doesn't have amazing multiplayer, the graphics are 'ok' and it most certainly isn't 'one of the best multiplayer games you can buy on any platform'.

Oh and the controls suck too..

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Personally I enjoyed Fracry alot more than Halo as well, I never really understood the Halo hype to be honest. Farcry had a much more fun multiplayer as well, Halo's multiplayer was hyped to hell and wasn't a patch on most PC FPS multiplayer.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Whether you think it's good or crap Halo 3 is still going to be one of the biggest selling games ever and shift a crap load of 360's, my crystal ball told me so :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Who needs comedians when we have Aada.

As for your comment about it being cool to hate Halo, I have always disliked Halo, it never impressed me and I don't feel drawn to it at all. I've never gone back on my words about it and I find it extraordinarily boring.

FarCry was a very good game, I saw no problems with the AI as such, you could hide in dark corners, cower in bushes and many other places without being spotted, of course it depends on sound too.

I would fully expect to have a whole island of bad guys after me if I capped one of their mates with an unsilenced weapon, is that bad AI or realism?

What you said about Halo in that post is great Aada, really top marks for being a class A idiot, whilst also maintaining a decent degree of humour.

Best FPS on any platform ever? Oh please...

One of the best multiplayer games you can buy on any platform? .. what have you been smoking?

AI challenging?
little kids can complete Halo without problem, the AI is nothing special, and it's funny that you praise Halo's AI but dismiss FarCry's.

Graphics.. leaving everything for dust? oh this one is a good one! The graphics are nothing special, again, wasn't impressed. As Nath has said, dull, monotonous level design makes it very dreary.

Halo sucks because it's an average game, hyped up by fanboys such as yourself and talked about by the same kind of people. It doesn't have great AI, it doesn't have amazing multiplayer, the graphics are 'ok' and it most certainly isn't 'one of the best multiplayer games you can buy on any platform'.

Oh and the controls suck too..

My point proved.

Case closed.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I preferred Killzone to Halo. It was more fun.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Far Cry looks a lot better than Halo. Halo gameplay is better than Far Cry but both are boring games (even though I completed Halo 1 and 2).

I dont like that sort of level design in Far Cry where as Halo was the complete opposite with its boring repetitive levels.

Half Life 2 was great, I never liked HL1 single player but HL2 was a nice mix, good AI, story and music.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have just been and got a PS3 :)

Currys had sold out 40 went befor Sunday as did everything else all he had was HDMI leads. Tesco had none not sure if they ever did, Woolworths had 5 left the spotty pleb did not know how many they had when they started. I could not get my component lead so PS3 HDMI sky HD component for now :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Halo sucks because.... no keyboard/mouse.

xbox FPS players really don't know what a good FPS is like :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
My FPS is better than yours!

Neither are very good. Please try again.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I remember going into GAME a day before launch and the manager put on his best sale speech to get me to preorder.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Halo sucks because.... no keyboard/mouse.

xbox FPS players really don't know what a good FPS is like :)

ooooook i hated playing FPS with a control pad now it is like second nature.

It will be interesting to see who pwns who in Shadowrun when xbox - pc players can play each other.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I have just been and got a PS3 :)

Currys had sold out 40 went befor Sunday as did everything else all he had was HDMI leads. Tesco had none not sure if they ever did, Woolworths had 5 left the spotty pleb did not know how many they had when they started. I could not get my component lead so PS3 HDMI sky HD component for now :)

What games did you get?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Resistance Fall of Man
Motorstorm
Sonic

So far Motorstorm is alot of fun and the review is right the music is spot on :)

Motorstorm does look good but i hear it's thin on game modes etc.

Resistance looks good too.

Sonic? you could have done better! didn't think about getting Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer?

I like the idea of browsing the net on the PS3 when i had all mine to sell i opened 1 and had a go but it kept crashing on some websites, if they brought out a mouse/KB i would kiss the PC goodbye.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It will be interesting to see who pwns who in Shadowrun when xbox - pc players can play each other.

No it won't, the people with the mouse/keyboard will always win (assuming they're not totally useless).

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
ooooook i hated playing FPS with a control pad now it is like second nature.

the 360 players will probably get a tiny bit of auto-aim. Mouse-Keyboard is without doubt more accurate, but that doesn't make the console FPS's impssoble really.

I'm not going to argue about the Halo series anymore. I cant be arsed to be honest. I enjoyed it more than Far cry, HL1/2, Cod1/2/3, Deus Ex etc etc. End of story.

Now, let's get back to the PS3 discussions, eh?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Motorstorm does look good but i hear it's thin on game modes etc.

Resistance looks good too.

Sonic? you could have done better! didn't think about getting Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer?

I like the idea of browsing the net on the PS3 when i had all mine to sell i opened 1 and had a go but it kept crashing on some websites, if they brought out a mouse/KB i would kiss the PC goodbye.

yeah i think motorstorm will be a multiplayer game just for a laugh.

I loved Sonic on the Segas and the video made it look awesome so it was worth a go :)

I have not found a website that dies yet here Arsenal.com and Play.com all worked not really solid testing i know. I would have thought if you put Linux on a PS3 any USB keyboard and Mouse would work with it maybe Deebs has checked. Im not putting linux on mine till WiFi works.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
lol at suggesting that people with an analogue stick can beat people who use a mouse :)

skilled vs. skilled, the mouse destroys all comers

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
and yes, just get a standard USB mouse and keyboard, they work on the PS3 already

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
I'm inclined to agree with you on control systems for FPS' ST, although I have to say that Gears of War was very easy to get into as a console FPS, that's by far the best quality of aiming I've experienced with a control pad.

However, I still felt myself thinking "if this had a mouse and keyboard it would be superb".

As for Xbox players getting anywhere near PC players, good luck..

leggy

Probably Scottish
No it won't, the people with the mouse/keyboard will always win (assuming they're not totally useless).

Apparently they console players will have some sort of autoaim advantage though. Well that was going to be the case a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom